“Great but......”

Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Leicester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Really enjoyed the comfort of the beds and had the best sleep.The room was neat, clean and modern. Although not much of a variety for breakfast which can be improved. Location is good , only about 2 minutes walk to High Cross shopping and in central town . Parking was also available which was good because I had a car.

• Stayed July 2013
IBLEI, General Manager at Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts about your stay in July 2013 at Ibis City Leicester.

It was a pleasure to read your positive feedback in regards to the hotel being in an excellent location to suit your needs. The room was neat, clean and modern, great value for money and you had the best nights sleep.

Ibis Leicester's team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis City hotel Leicester in the very near future.

Mayank Solanki
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

i liked the newly refurbished room. Very modern and clean. Excellent service from reception. Would recommend this and will definitely stay at Ibis budget hotels again.MUCH BETTER than travelodge.Quiet hotel.Clean. Well furnished.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts about your recent stay at Ibis Budget Leicester and giving us the maximum five stars ratings.

It was a pleasure to read your positive feedback in regards to the hotel's newly refurbished rooms, which are very modern and clean. With excellent service from my team. I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis Budget hotel Leicester in the very near future.

Mayank Solanki
Pudsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

On my visit the man at reception desk (I'm not going to say gentleman) was the rudest, most ignorant, and obnoxious person you could have wanted to encounter after a long series of business meetings during the day.

Initially, before arriving at the hotel I telephoned to enquire if any rooms were available. I was given a curt reply, one or two. I asked again for confirmation, and was told rather rudely "I told you, one or two."

I explained that I was only parked in the motorway services and that I would be there in less than 5 minutes. To which I was told that I had to make a reservation by internet, or by phone and had to give a credit card number. Again I explained that I was minutes away and would be paying cash anyway. He, sais "I told you you must make reservation first."

I asked how much the rooms were, and was told £36:00. By this time I was parking in their car park.

This was a business visit with a colleague, we were going to be staying for two nights and paying cash.

After parking, I went into the hotel with my colleague and spoke with the person on reception. Their moto is something like 'the ultimate experience in hospitality'. The reception person had a few food dribbles on the front of his shirt, and a great big patch of toilet paper stuck to his chin, covering where he'd cut himself shaving.

I asked about a room for two nights, and said that is just finished talking to him on the phone.

He said there was only one room left, it would cost £46:00 pound per night, and that it was a disabled room, with bunk beds.

I laughed and said I'd never heard of a disabled room having bunk beds before, and why had the price increased from £36:00 to £46:00 in the time it took me to walk less than 100 metres. His reply was, it's £46:00, you don't have to have it. You can go elsewhere if you are not happy. Again I laughed, thinking he was pulling a prank.

He was not, he told me £46:00 or leave. I questioned about a disabled room having bunk beds and he said it was all they had available.

Come on now, really? A disabled room with bunk beds? Both my colleague and I started laughing at this.

The reception person started raising his voice and talking to a colleague of his in a different language, one which I do not understand.

I told him it was rude and ignorant to talk in a foreign language, to others present, when customers did not understand that language.

This was the ultimate insult, after being offered a disabled room (with bunk beds), at an inflated price, and then to be shouted at in a foreign language.

My colleague and I left this hotel, and quite happily paid a higher price at a much better hotel.

I would 100% definately NOT recommend this hotel to anyone under any circumstances whatsoever.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for bringing to my attention the difficulties you encountered during your recent visit at Ibis Budget Leicester.

I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience with us at Ibis Budget in Leicester. Obviously we failed to meet our usually high standard of service and quality on this occasion.

I would like to thank you for bringing the problems you experienced to my attention, constructive feedback from our guests is invaluable to us in our constant efforts to assess and improve the services we provide.

M Solanki