“Usual Premier Inn quality stay”

Premier Inn Leicester City Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend to visit family. We were pleasantly surprised by how quiet the hotel was, considering we arrived on a Saturday. Really comfortable stay, clean, reliable, the usual Premier Inn quality standard. Excellent location. We chose not to have breakfast this time, as we could get breakfast in a coffee shop for £8 cheaper for both of us. The only thing that slightly let it down was the service in the restaurant. Unfortunately we waited quite a while to be served our drinks, especially when other guests were arriving after us and being served first. We also had a further delay after choosing our puddings. However, these delays were acknowledged by a waiter who offered us complimentary drinks as an apology, which we accepted. However, the food we had was excellent, would highly recommend the beef, mushroom and ale pie! On the whole, we would stay here again especially for its excellent location and quietness. One thing to note: drive around the car park carefully, and there's not many spaces set aside for 'PI' guests (considering the size of the hotel), we left our car in situ once parked up, until we left on Tuesday. Overall, an excellent, comfortable and quiet place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 3rd floor, facing away from the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stay in a 3-bed room for about a week. My 5-year-old daughtor loves her bed. This room has very comfortable beds and in a very good location.
However, you only can get 30 mins free wifi and internet access.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My stay was very fine would definately keep on staying there and also tell my friends and family about the hotel . Even tho i think the prices should be more flexible to allow more customers have the ability to enjoy the expirence

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions both for three nights whilst visiting family & friends in the area very recently over the past few months.

I have a lot of experience with Premier Inn hotels, as I have stayed at quite a few around the UK whilst on company business and they have always exceeded my expectations in every area and their promises of a good nights sleep couldn't be more truthful.

The Leicester Inn is superbly located within the city centre so getting to town simply involves crossing the road! Free parking is an absolute life saver for the most part and most appreciated by the missus.

Overall, this Leicester Inn almost met my expectations head on compared to their other brances except for one area - Service. As already mentioned, I have stayed at this place for three nights on two separate occasions now and it has been rather easy to observe that there is a lack of staff prescence. You really need more!

The staff that are there are incredibly friendly and very well trained, being an absolute joy to converse with, which has been my experience with Premier Inn staff all along. The customer is always made to feel special which is lovely. The lack of staff somewhat diminishes this though.

Quite often I observed customers waiting a long time to be served for drinks or food, and in turn this will cause them to look elsewhere outside the hotel. Within distance of an absolute huge array of resteraunts down London Road and in the city centre itself it is would be very hard to compete against them I agree but a staff prescence is needed in the bar and the resteraunt without a doubt in the evenings.

The food in the Thyme resteraunt is superb (this includes breakfast) and compliments to the cook - he does have a knack for a superb desert! The bar area is once again lovely, with sofas all round for a comfortable drink after a long trip. Absolutely love the bar as a result :)

The rooms are standard affair rooms, and have everything you need for a refreshing stay. You are given 30 minutes of free WIFI use, which is lovely. On my last visit I had taken advantage of those 30 minutes and seen that it was very fast for my needs, so I paid £3 for (what I recall was) 24 hours of WIFI access as the 3G sim on my iPad had expired. Imagine my surprise when it was absolutely unuseable and incredibly slow (Under 50kbps) - please remedy this. I did not raise a fuss though as I do realise that WIFI access in most hotels is generally rather poor in the first place. I ended up renewing my 3G sim instead for 12hours of access for a couple of pounds more instead.

Overall, the Leicester Inn is a superb place to stay despite my comments above. The staff are absolutely superb and very helpful and you are always greeted with a smile. I always used the website to book my rooms and never once had any problems in that area. I certainly have no issues about staying here again on my next visit very soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Darren R
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Friendly staff,beautiful hotel in a very central area. It being close to the train station,makes it very ideal for those who intend to travel to and from Leicester. The hotel policy in ensuring everyone is made to feel welcome and happy can be seen in their "Quiet Time" policy, in which guests are reminded,with the use of posters around the hotel, to keep noise to a minimum,so as to avoid creating any form of annoyance to others. Worth noting that there are some refurbishing works going on outside the hotel,however one wouldn't notice that inside the hotel;due to the noise being insulated.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here one night in a family room after going the Leicester Races. Hotel position is excellent for the Train Station and City Centre. Typical Premier Inn but standards very good and
very clean. Breakfast excellent. Staff very friendly. Brillant Value for Money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Staying at this chain of hotel through out the UK and this is a good one. The breakfast was great and staff very helpful. Room was clean and as you would expect. This hotel is centered well in the city and worth the money if booked on a deal.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business