Lowest prices for your stay
PremierInn.com
£57
Hotels.com
Algotels
Exploration826117

Very poor experience, uncleanliness

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
Really disappointed with level of cleanliness.
The first room I was checked into had a very thick heavy smell of stale cigarettes; when I asked about this they offered me a different room.
But in the room I stayed there was actual rubbish under the bed (empty Pepsi can, other wrappers and bits of plastic that I really didn't want to look at closely!!!)
It did not fill me with confidence for the standard of cleaning so I was extremely uncomfortable walking around the room on the carpet and using the bathroom (which was a wet-room, due to no other rooms being available with a standard bathroom). There was also black mould on the grout in the bathroom/wetroom.
I slept poorly due to feeling uncomfortable about the rubbish and ?condom under the bed.

I raised the issue about the rubbish under the bed to the staff member checking me out in the morning and I was in a rush to leave for a meeting, so did not get to speak in depth about this. It's very disappointing to have paid full price for the room expecting the minimum standard of cleanliness and having this experience instead.
Trip type: Travelled solo
    £50
4.1 miles from Premier Inn Leicester City Centre hotel
View more hotels in Leicester
2,213 results
All reviews city centre railway station car park all you can eat excellent location air con meal deal comfortable bed curve theatre night's sleep good nights sleep excellent value for money twin room would stay again family room budget hotel one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent one night at Premier Inn for a business trip. It's easy to find by road and right next to the train station if you're travelling by train.
Staff were very friendly and professional. Room was excellent and Wi-Fi was good.
Everything was spotlessly clean. Car Parking available.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a really nice time with the missus as we had to attend a family function in the city . Stayed in room 904 for a couple of days and loved the location. Right in the centre of Leicester. Bed was comfortable and room was lovely. The staff we really helpful and knowledgeable and I will be coming back again as we are frequent visitors to Leicester. Only slight problem was a leaking tap that wouldn't turn off in the bathroom, but their maintenance guy Ashley was brilliant coming straight away and sorting it out in no time.
Lovely lad and a real hard worker. Made sure everything was fine with us before going. Hope he gets recognised for all the hard work he does.
In a nutshell. Need to be in the city stay at this place.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Premier Inn always at high standard but this is a really good and efficient one, and super quiet too. The staff at Leicester City were fantastic. In particular, I’d like to thank the cleaner Sabrina who went above and beyond to help me with a request. I was staying on 7th floor and she got me some softer pillows, sweet little chocolates and was so kind.

Room tip: Make sure the keycard system, which I gather is new, is working properly, as the only slight issue I had was that couldn’t open door!
Reviewed 12 April 2024

Great stay and perfect location. Staff are professional and accommodating. I’ve stayed here a few times and Natalie always goes out of her way to ensure I have a great experience. She is very professional and attentive, with great attention to detail. She remembers details from previous stays and always strives to make sure you have an enjoyable stay and the best experience possible. She exhibits excellent customer service and goes above and beyond the call of duty. On my last stay, Sabrina went out of her way to ensure I had everything I needed in my room. She showed great customer service, was very attentive and accommodating and exceeded expectations.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2024

Where do I start
Room stank !
Towels with ripped holes
No soap no showergel
Faulty air con / heat unit
Wasn’t planning on getting dressed to go down to find staff in the middle of the night to get the matter sorted won’t be staying there again if you paid me to