Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jane A

CONSISTENTLY GOOD

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 May 2024
The thing I love about Premier Inns is that they are always "what they say on the tin". Good locations, clean & friendly consistent in standard. Not least was this the case with Leicester City Centre's P Inn. We had a lovely welcome, a good 5th floor room with plenty of extra floor room space and all for £62 per night. Plus we took a Meal Deal - so with bed, full English breakfast and evening meal it was £115 all in (for 2). Breakfast was a highlight - not least because young student Naomi couldn't possibly have been more helpful/friendly. Well done Naomi. So yes, Premier Inn's are exactly right for us - thank you.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    £62
4.1 miles from Premier Inn Leicester City Centre Hotel
View more hotels in Leicester
2,226 results
All reviews city centre railway station car park all you can eat excellent location air con meal deal comfortable bed curve theatre night's sleep good nights sleep excellent value for money twin room would stay again family room budget hotel one night stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2024 via mobile

Despite leaving a lengthy (positive and negative points) review for Trip Advisor via the feedback form sent by Premier Inn there has, not surprisingly, been no response or indeed said review published on Trip Advisor. So here I am writing it again, although probably less lengthy.

I regularly use Premier inn, and am actually writing this from another Premier Inn in Wales. To say I was disappointed in my Leicester experience is an understatement. Poor facilities, poor customer service, lack of sleep the entire trip and not getting what we paid for.

Check In
Only one electronic kiosk working in reception, queued for same, only to discover it wouldn't check us in so we had to find a human receptionist (a novelty in Leicester Premier Inn). Thankfully as everyone else was having the same issue, somebody eventually appeared. We were checked in to room 816 (from memory), having paid for a Premier Plus room which included ultimate WiFi. We were given our key cards, and WiFi code for our stay however no directions to lifts, info re breakfast, check out etc but we mastered it ourselves and moved on to our room.

ROOM 816
Allegedly a Premier Plus room, yes the decor has been updated a bit but really no bigger than a standard room. We did have the addition of a small fridge and coffee machine. View looks onto the back of some buildings, nothing exciting.

Now a Plus Room includes 'Ultimate wifi', this room didn't even have 'standard free wifi', once you crossed the threshold of the door no wifi was to be had. I spoke to reception re this and was advised they would give me another code, I explained the code was not the problem getting an actual connection to put the code into was the problem, a blank stare and a suggestion to disconnect from the wifi, forget the connection, and reconnect was the solution, again I reminded them I couldn't forget a network that I had never been able to connect to as there was no connection available. This saga continued for our entire trip, we never accessed any wifi except in the reception area so our upgraded 'Ultimate wifi' never materialised. I was also told I could log a call with virgin, their supplier, as it was probably a virgin problem however this was impossible as I didn't have an account to access virgin to report this, however this is the hotels responsibility not the customers.

AIR CON
Room 816 air con had a mind of its own, on returning the first evening from dinner out the aircon was on, the room was very warm (not cold) but the air con was also extremely noisy. I turned it off, hoping to get some sleep after a long day travelling, as I drifted off the aircon came on itself, and each time I turned it off it came back on. There was no winning with the aircon and a sleepless night was had due to the noise. I reported this the following morning, someone would call.....nope didn't happen. The second night I gave up fighting with it and discovered the aircon has a mond of its own between midnight and 09.00 when it turns itself off again.

RECEPTION STAFFING - A JOKE
Most hotels have either a phone in the room, or a number you can ring from your mobile, to contact reception. Leicester PI has the second option, however im not sure where this went to as nobody ever answered it, even whilst I was standing over 10mins at reception, with other people, there was no sign of a person on reception, or of a phone ringing (I rang whilst standing there). This was particularly tedious as every time we needed to speak with someone it was at least a 5-10min experience. On one occasion both our keycards stopped working so we had to stand and wait to get new ones to actually access our room.

BREAKFAST
Usual fayre, although lack of food and lengthy wait for food, irrespective of times, made experience a bit tedious. However, breakfast is breakfast and it was fine.

CUSTOMER SERVICE
Not as expected Premier Inn standard, severe lack of staff on reception or even in the area to address any issues, no practical resolution to wifi or aircon issues and no feedback following reply of our experience. Couldn't report these at check out as, well guess what....no staff on reception despite being in reception for 15mins awaiting our transport.

All in all I wouldn't recommend this Premier Inn unless they improve dramatically. The wifi issue is an ongoing complaint in room 816, see other reviews, so not my job to resolve, although it never should be.

The lack of management responses to issues from all Trip Advisor reviews says it all, they aren't remotely interested in what we think

Room tip: Avoid room 816, hopefully you don't need human interaction to solve a problem
Date of stay: April 2024
Reviewed 9 May 2024

The hotel is conveniently near to the station and near to restaurants and shops. You can travel there by wheelchair as the station and hotel are accessible. The room was clean but poorly furnished. No phone or fridge.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 May 2024

Very good value for money, very clean, location is perfect.
Family room is amazing kids loved it.
Breakfast is great choice and drinks .

Date of stay: April 2024
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 May 2024

I have a problem the last night and the manager Alex was running around to try to sort this for us,she offer us a free breakfast to apologize and give some treats to my 2 kids.Room lovely and clean breakfast amazing thanks to Paula and the staff.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2024 via mobile

Terrible Terrible parking. Had lots of luggage and there were no spaces to stop or park in the limited area in front of hotel. Went into car park. Took 5-10 min to find a spot that the car would fit into. Also very limited parking. Went and checked in and prepared to leave. Asked front desk to gain exit pass. Could not help as parking is different company. Had to pay £4 for 20 minutes of parking. Ridiculous! Room had mold around windows. Bed comfortable. Room very basic. Only good thing was basic wifi was good for streaming Netflix.

Room tip: Avoid if you have a car. Basic hotel only.