“Excellent value, very welcoming”
Review of The Bradgate Hotel

The Bradgate Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leicester
The Bradgate Hotel
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We'd stayed here previously about 15 years ago, and looked more recently on a visit to Leicester but it was booked. This time we rang a week or two in advance. If you do want to stay, do book well in advance, because they have so many regular guests there are very few spare rooms.
The management is very welcoming and make you feel at home straight away. The rooms, at least ours was (17), are bright and recently decorated. The facilities are fine for the money- we got a reduced weekend rate which included a "continental" style breakfast, with a range of yogurts, cereals, chocolate croissants and toast. I have given it 5 because we were very happy with it, but some seem to consider it not luxurious enough even though they are being charged very little. Such as as the previous reviewer who was not happy with the frequency of sheet changes. (what does he do at home one wonders?)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I am a 20 year old female who went to stay at The Bradgate alone for two nights whilst in Leicester on work experience. I had never been to Leicester before and was a bit apprehensive but the staff and "live-in" guests at the Bradgate made me so welcome and were incredibly helpful. I felt very safe and really enjoyed my stay. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I only stayed for one night, but I must have had a sixth sense as I rang the hotel to confirm my booking to find that it didn't exist. The guy left in charge said the woman who owns it had changed books and hadn't moved my booking over! As it was they had a spare room available and only charged me for a single room (they actually gave me double!). This hotel is also on the edge of the red light district, but I didn't see anything "funny" occurring. I went to take a shower as well, to find they hadn't left me any towels whatsoever. No breakfast included either.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Had a wonderful experience at the Bradgate. Was at an archaeology conference for the week and spend five nights at the establishment. The proprietors bent over backwards to make my stay the best possible--really felt like I was part of the local community when staying there. Would highly recommend the Bradgate to anyone who wants a truly English Inn experience.

Room Tip: I would recommend booking in advance as they fill quickly and have long-term guests.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Matthew R
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Leicester is where I was born and brought up but I no longer have family here to stay with, I first stayed at the Bradgate in 2010, after a bad experience elsewhere, and again in 2011, The hotel is clean and comfortable with friendly staff and a good breakfast if required. It is close to everything one needs including Leicester Tigers!!!!!!! A lift would be a blessing for we older guests (I'm 75) but I shall continue to use the Bradgate until I can no longer manage the stairs..... My next visit is iminent. Kay Hull Portsmouth

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Kaypera
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I booked 4 weeks in this hotel as I was in business trip. I was impressed with the rate (price) when I made the booking and I forgot to ask about the details (like facilities and cleaning). When I arrived I found that the hotel is average with nice location and clean rooms. My room was huge but very small bathroom. after I was promised (during the booking) that my room contains microwave and fridge, I found only microwave and they allowed me to use the hotel fridge (located at the hotel kitchen). after staying 3 days my room was not cleaned and toilet paper was out. I asked the staff to clean the room and supply toilet paper and they did but they were unhappy with my request. I discovered that every time my room is cleaned something disappears ! first time they took my own tissues (I don't know why!) and second time they took some dishes from the microwave shelf, and third time they took small table (located beside bed)! when I complained to the owner that my bed sheets were not changed for 5 days, she replied that she will not change it before one week and commented that I'm paying only ?? pounds per night hence I have no right to ask for such issues !!!!! I replied to her that I'm paying only ?? pounds/night as she offered me this rate when I sent them email asking about the rate .. not because I forced her to do! I really consider this rudeness.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Ahmed E
Reviewed 28 May 2012

When going abroad as a student, the most difficult thing is to find a hotel that is both comfortable and not too expensive. I needed a place to stay for five weeks and I chose for the Bradgate hotel. I can honestly say I don't have any regrets whatsoever! This is TOP value for your money. A budget hotel, but with all the comforts of most hotels and even more. The people are friendly and look after your needs. I got a beautiful room with a view on a small park, got free internet and television and even got my own microwave and sandwich maker to cook. I even got a shelf in the fridge downstairs.
The landlady and caretakers care about the guests and do their best to make the stay as comfortable as possible. The five weeks I spent there felt like home and if I ever return to Leicester, I will definitely pick this hotel without a doubt!

Room Tip: If you're staying for a long time, you can ask for a room with a fridge, microwave and toaster...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo