“The Best Guesthouse in Leicester!”

Abinger Guest House
Ranked #2 of 23 Leicester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Ok, I have to admit that I haven't actually stayed at any other guesthouses in Leicester, but after staying at Abinger I won't need to stay anywhere else. This guesthouse is extremely good value for what you get (WiFi, flatscreen with Sky, clean & comfortable room, good breakfast). As a woman travelling solo, I was happy to stay in a place where I felt safe; I was even fine to walk home alone at night from the city centre because Hinckley Road is well lit and well populated. The proprietors, Bob & Theresa, were extremely welcoming and breakfast was always lively with plenty of conversation. I will be returning to Leicester several times over the next few months and I will be staying at Abinger every time!

It is a B & B, so don't expect the Ritz! But, it is a great guesthouse. Great value for your money.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 January 2011

We had a great time at Abinger House. It is located in a very nice, quiet area with shops and good restaurants just a 3-minute walk down the street. The room we stayed in had a huge bed. It also had a view of a beautiful park, we really enjoyed hearing the birds in the morning. Teresa and Bob were very easy-going and helpful and provided a delicious English breakfast. We recommend Abinger house to all travellers who appreciate service with a personal touch.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I was in Leicster for Christmas week 22/12-29/12.We stayed at Abinger Guest House.I was there with my 19 year old son.
The guest house is very close to the centre and all other amenities.
The room was very comfortable and the ensuite bathroom was very spacious and comfortable.We had another shower and toilet just outside our room which we found very useful.
We were offered English breakfast everyday (with an exception on christmas day and boxing day) ,and it was excellent.The place was always very tidy and there was nothing to complain about.....
I will definelty reccomend it to everyone....great value for money...very enjoyable and comfortable...Thanks for making our stay in Liecester so comfortable...I hope to visit again in the near future......
Marie louise Galea
Matthew Galea

• Stayed: December 2010
yodekid, Owner at Abinger Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2011

Hi Marie Louise
Many thanks for your kind words and positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm sorry I didn't get to see you during your visit, but Teresa enjoyed looking after you. (Whenever I was there you were out visiting)
We rely on the feedback of our guests to attract new customers and it's always very gratifying to know someone enjoyed the visit enough to tell future guests, also it helps us to know visitors are not disappointed with our "product".

Next time you are over, I will make sure we meet.....I may even get a chance to cook you breakfast.

Bob Welland

Reviewed 13 December 2010

Travelling on a regular basis to Leicester for business, I needed a comfortable hotel accessible for the city centre. This is perfect - it has everything you need for a good night's rest without any unnecessary 'fancy frills'. The bathrooms are very modern and spotlessly clean (and I am fussy). There is tea etc in the room. The owners are very friendly and helpful. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I stayed for just one night during the weekend because I was going to a concert in The Musician. Most Travel Lodges and Premiere Inn's are just too expensive for a 'spur of the moment trip' for just a night. That's why I loved the Abinger Guest House. The bed was very comfortable, there was a nice hot shower, good internet connection and a great BOMBSITE breakfast (you'll understand once you've had it..). The service was very good and I felt right at home. All of that on top of the low price made this a great stay for me. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Abinger Guest House is a quiet place in Hinckley Road where you can stay for a few days and be well cared.
Bob and Teresa help you in anything they can. The breakfast is awsome and, in the bottom line, we feel at home.
As signed in the guest book: "I'll be back!"

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
yodekid, Owner at Abinger Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2010

Hey Paolo, thanks for the kind words....but you didn't mention th ecrazy wi-fi!!!
We look forward to seeing you at the graduation
Bob