“Good choice of burgers with friendly and helpful staff”
Review of Handmade Burger Co

Handmade Burger Co
Ranked #159 of 1,208 Restaurants in Leicester
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At handmade burger Co. we are passionate about great, fresh food and only use the finest ingredients for our customers to enjoy.We are famous for our burgers which are handmade in our restaurant from traditionally reared, grass fed, 100% fully traceable prime Scotch beef to create the best tasting burgers.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

If you are looking for a burger of some description then the handmade burger company offers a very wide range - from the usual beef and chicken to lamb and some very imaginative vegetarian offerings - all with lots of different toppings, so you can find something for everyone. The chip portions are very large, so unless you are very hungry, one should easily be enough for two people. My daughter really likes the chicken skewers but they have stopped doing the honey and mustard which she really liked and the plain ones are a bit on the dry side.

The restaurant doesn't have the usual waitress service as you go up to the counter to order and pay for your food and drinks, but the staff are very friendly and helpful and the food usually arrives fairly quickly - they do deliver the food so you don't have to go and collect it! There are small bottles of tomato ketchup on the tables and the staff will bring you free mustard and mayo if you ask them. A bit more expensive that other burger restaurants, but the burgers are huge and very good quality. If they brought back their honey and mustard chicken skewers we would visit more often.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have been today for lunch with a friend. We were just pop in the restaurant that a member of staff welcomed us.. in less than a minute!
The waitress was so nice to find us a table readily and to explain us how to order a meal there.
I've ordered a Greek lamb burger that was lovely and my friend has take a chicken breast burger, he said that was delicious; we've also ordered a portion of chips to share that was very nice.
We spent a wonderful lunch time here and we would like to say "thanks" to all the staff!
We'll come back for sure!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Overall, the burgers are superb and hearty. We tried the burgers and the skewers. I would say a big yes to the burgers but not the skewers. The vegetable skewers came out to be too charred with a burnt taste. We did request for a change but was told it was meant to be like this. However, the burger did win our hearts out.

To follow more about my review, I had written a blog post for this restaurant in my blog. Copy the link below to read more! I have also attached lots of pictures in my blog. Enjoy x

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived we had a choice of tables as it wasn't too busy and the waitress was friendly and attentive. The atmosphere picked up.
The menu offers a wide variation of burgers so there was plenty to choose from!
We really enjoyed it. The food took a little while to come and it could have been quicker but it was very good quality.
Refrain from ordering a hot drink at the end; it took a while to arrive, my Cappuccino was more like a Coffee and it was merely warm.
With a student card the price is even better but it's well worth it (20% off!!)
If you're in Leicester give it a try because you won't be disappointed just make sure you aren't in a rush!!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Can't get enough! Great food, friendly staff great atmosphere! Only ever had one bad experience where my burger was a bit dry but apart from that never had any issues