“Great Sunday Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Le9 7dg
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Haven't been to Ashfield's since Christmas and was really looking forward to lunch - we were not disappointed. We were welcomed by the front of house team (Anne, David & Shane) and settled down with a drink to peruse the menu plus the specials board, this proved difficult for me as there was so much to choose from. I chose deep frid mushrooms with galic and chilli mayonnaise and my husband had confit of slow cooked duck leg on oriental vegetables in a five spice broth, both were really nice. For the main course I had roast leg of English lamb with Yorkshire pudding, glazed baby onions & roast gravy which was really tender and tasty, my husband had roast loin of pork with chestnut stuffing, pigs in blankets with apple & rhubarb sauce, which he described as "spot on!". For desserts I had ‘Trio of Oranges’: orange panacotta, oranges in brandy & orange shortbread biscuits and my husband had rhubarb & raspberry franjipane tart with raspberry ripple ice cream. We had decided to share our desserts but I didn't get a look-in, so would say that speaks for itself! If I was to be hyper-critical I would say that the Trio of Oranges suggests three deserts rather than panaccotta served on a biscuit with the orange on top. It would be more appropriate to be deconstructed and served on a slate or rectangular plate. However, everything was tasty and the service was excellent: I asked to be given time before ordering desserts and the waitress was more than happy to do this.

A great Sunday lunch in a friendly and welcoming setting!

1  Thank 722LeicesterLass

Reviewed 20 April 2013

My husband and I went for lunch here with our two children and three grandchildren (2 aged 2 and a half and one 8 weeks old). Both our children had been here before and rated it highly - it was the first time my husband and I had been. My daughter phoned in advance and explained the ages of the children and were told it would be okay to dine there. I can't praise the service enough. Even though there was no children's menu the waiter offered suggestions for the two older children which were excellent.The staff were very friendly and spoke to the children throughout our visit. Our food was superb, I had the salmon, it was cooked to perfection, my husband had the Steak & Ale Pie, he said it was full of lean meat and plenty of it, the vegetables were delicious. We all had sweets that were equally tasty and well presented. Our bill came to just over £60.00, not bad considering we all had 2 courses and drinks.

I look forward to going again!

Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

We haven't been to Ashfields for sometime,as last time we went we felt it wasn't as good as it was before it had been refurbished. What a shame we had that opinion, as we went last night and it was lovely. The food quality was top notch and the service attentive. I still prefer the old Asfields surroundings but that's just down to my preference. My only criticism would be it was cold when we got there (7pm). I am sure once there were more diners it would of been fine. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I recent booked a table for two at Ashfields, in Earl Shilton, for me and my partner, when we arrived we where greeted by a friendly lady at the bar who couldn't have been more helpful. It was refreshing to be greeted so kindly. We ordered our food from the blackboard and had a drink int he bar while it was being prepared.
When our meal was ready we where taken through to the dining room where we had a nicely set up table near the window. The meal arrived and it was delicious we where both very impressed with the starters main and desert, i would recommend this restaurant to any one in the Leicester shire and we will definitely re-visit.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Having had a wonderful time at a celebration lunch for 40, we lunched again as part of a mere foursome and again Ashfields did not disappoint. The menu covers all of the bases and delivers great food in what can only be described as man-sized portions: the starters would put some restaurant main corses to sham. It's all good, so go there!