“Lovely meal with attentive staff”
Review of The Boot Room Restaurant - CLOSED

The Boot Room Restaurant
Price range: US$14 - US$55
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Occupying a former Leicester shoe factory, The Boot Room restaurant in Leicester, serves simple, yet special food made with fresh, quality & seasonal ingredients. The Boot Room restaurant has quickly become one of Leicester’s premier restaurants, supported by the comfortable and relaxed atmosphere with just a hint of the buildings industrial past. We have a simple and effective philosophy to “Buy quality ingredients, treat them well, and let your customer enjoy the experience.” The Boot Room is owned by Stephen and Tracey Fitzpatrick who also run The Joiners, a successful restaurant in Bruntingthorpe, Leicestershire.
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We went on Good Friday and the restaurant was quiet which was surprising as the food was tasty. I had arancini followed by lamb while the other three had scallops and venison. With desserts or cheese and two bottles of wine (£21.50 each), the total bill with tip was £180 for four of us. Our waiter (he may have been the owner) was very friendly and helpful. Give this place a visit if you are in Leicester.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice place and lovely attentive staff, they kindly opened up for our party of 8 a little early as we had to go to the theatre for 7pm. Food was reasonably priced and quite tasty, we all had the set Christmas menu, our starters and desserts were delicious, good selection of drinks too. Some complained about hard veg on the main course but I liked it, they looked after us well and brought everything out at a good pace so we didn't feel rushed with our food and could ensure a timely depart. We had a lovely time despite the fact it was quiet for most of the time we were there but that was probably down to how early we got there. Would definitely return, thank you!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed everything about our meal. I had the venison and it was beautifully cooked and seasoned. Service throughout was highly attentive and we were never under pressure to order more than we needed. Presentation was excellent and portion sizes just right.
The only surprise is that more people haven't realised how good it is.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Great food, great service will be back. Went with my husband Valentines week and had a great meal. My husband had steak which he really enjoyed and said was cooked perfectly and I had the Veggie Wellington which was delicious. The main meal was good but pudding was fantastic! I recommend the crème brulee ...hope it is still on the menu when I go back.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

I have dietary requirements and for the Bootroom this was no issue at all. They made me a fantastic dish that was delicious and beautifully presented. The service was excellent, they were very attentive, and the atmosphere was wonderful. Highly recommend. Will definitely be visiting again!

Date of visit: January 2018