“Service is terrible with arrogant lazy and nasty staff”
Review of The Gynsills Farm

The Gynsills Farm
Ranked #815 of 1,204 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2014

My daughter and 20 friends went to this venue for a birthday meal. The food was okay (what you expect for the price) and as they were all under the age of 17 it was okay.
The staff members were okay until we asked for them to help bring out a couple of birthday cakes one female waitress was extremely helpful up until she called for assistance from a fellow member of staff with which; one unpleasant, ignorant and arrogant young man started moaning about it's not his job and that he wasn't doing it!
His attitude and unwillingness to help completely damped our experience.
Food can be acceptable so long as the service is good to excellent. Unfortunately, our experience was ruined by the attitude of one member of staff!

1  Thank Jay P

Reviewed 3 May 2014

well we was put on a table when we went to order food and drinks even though we had left our coats there. a waitress when we arrived back had sat someone else in our seats we even put a reserved sign on the table the food was a hour to come i had hichory chicken witch the chicken was soggie with no flavour the salad had brown on the edges with a dressing on. that was horrible i thought i would give it another go as last time i went for a meal there i had a chicken nuggit in my scampie i will never go there for a meal again very dissapointed

3  Thank JENNY K
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Gynsills Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear JENNY K

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Gynsills with regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Fayre & Square

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is a good, no nonsense restaurant, offering value for money, OK, not 5 star, but certainly worthwhile, as it offers quite good comfort, fast service, and, value for money. You can get a better meal here for less than the cost of a McDonalds meal, better value, better surroundings, and, better for you!

2  Thank Ken W
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The Gynsills. As a student, the price tag that accompanies the meals here is very attractive to me. I come often; with friends or as part of a family gathering. And here is the truth: the food is what you pay for - cheap and cheerful. At times you'll get what you ask for (i.e. if any special requests are made, SOMETIMES they will be granted), the service CAN be good, but is more often than not poor. It all depends on when you go and who is on. I was once served by a girl with glasses and braces with dark hair, she was brilliant - she new the menu like she had it written on the back of her hand, with her all requests were seen to. However, other than this lone waitress, I have never experience what I would grade 'exceptional service'. The food is certainly not for those with a tendency to eat healthy - although these alternatives do exist. The Gynsills have attempted to adopt table service, however it seems they have done so in vain, as you still have to go to the bar to order. Over all I will say this: if you're on a low budget then by all means go, you might be lucky and have an okay meal, but DO NOT expect to receive more than you pay for. My rating of 3/5 is based on my many visits, note that I have experienced both 1/5 and 4-5/5 standard visits also.

3  Thank TheStudentDiner
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We came in for lunch as we were in the area but wish we hadn't bothered. I had the scampi which came with chips and peas, the peas were awful, how you get peas wrong I'll never know, they were hard n tasted like they had come almost straight from the freezer. The scampi itself was ok but nothing special. The child's lunch was just as bad again carrots hard and no taste to them, sausage tasted mediocre. Also no one came to ask if food was ok, perhaps they knew what the answer would be! I will def be driving by next time.

3  Thank kaze1980