“Belvoir Suite”

Holiday Inn Leicester
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
“Belvoir Suite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

My first stay at a Holiday Inn in Europe, in fact, my first stay at a Holiday inn for some time. Visiting family in the city our choices were restricted and we needed something close to town. I have to admit that I was sceptical (being used to 5 star hotels in Los Angeles etc) and I did have a pre-conception of a Holiday inn. Well, what a nice surprise for me then! We opted for a suite as we were there for a few days and had our 10 month old daughter with us so needed the space. The room was a very nice size for a suite with a separate dining room and lounge complete with flat screen tv's, PPV and free TV. The bathroom was large and clean with a sunken corner bath. The bed was comfortable and the baby cot was in a good condition and nice and clean, in fact, everything was nice and clean. A good start! We were on the 6th floor and I could hear some traffic but this is a city center hotel so I wasn't bothered and expected it. I'm a light sleeper and it didn't keep me awake, put it that way. We didn't eat in the restaurant but did order room service on the first night. Again, I was sceptical but I have to admit that for what it was, it was very good (a couple of sandwiches, fries and a couple of sides) - nice, simple and fresh... Oh, and hot! Staff were all professional and nice. Only thing that bugged me was that our room was not cleaned on the first day but they rectified this later on, after that house keeping were spot on. One elevator was out of action as they are replacing it. The work was noisy but to be fair they started after 10:00am so it never bothered us. They are clearly renovating the hotel. All in all I would say if you are looking for a decent hotel near the town center then give the Holiday Inn a try...

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Tavua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
We acknowledge your detailed as well as positive review and thank you for taking the time to post this. We are pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your first stay with us and hope we may welcome you back on your next visit to Europe.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Marlborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

Another annual North / South family reunion. Service was better than ever.Some repairs going on but not affecting the stay.
We stayed for dinner in house and this was very nice. Saw Dennis Taylor on Sunday, so can't be that bad!

Room Tip: Quiet 5th Floor
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Tavua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this review, 3 January 2013
Your review is appreciated and we are pleased to note you once again enjoyed your visit to our hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back during 2013.
Derbyshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

I went to an abba night last night with a group of friends. We had a great time. The staff were lovely and helpful.

We had a pre-ordered meal which was nice. I had a melon starter which was a bit boring. For my main I had salmon which was beautifully cooked. It was served with carrots, brussels (thick were frozen) and roasties. Finally I had a choc and cherry pus which was gorgeous. Included in the meal was an open bar. I the wine they served was lovely.

The abba act they had were good and got everybody singing.

I didn't stay over but some of my friends did. The rooms were nice and clean though the corridors were a bit tired. Also only one lift worked which meant a bit of hanging around.

Overall though a brilliant night and I would happily go to other functions there.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your attendance of the Abba Tribute Night and for the construction feedback contained therein. We are pleased you all enjoyed the evening and look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.
Edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

Staff here are pleasant; the public areas are reasonably attractive and the breakfast was good. However, there are severe drawbacks - there has only been one lift working for the past umpteen months (they are doing lift "upgrading" - although goodness knows why it is taking so long) - this means you have to wait 10 minutes on a lift during peak periods. Worst part is the bedrooms - like stepping back in time to the 1970s. When I arrived in my 5th floor room (505) at 9pm, the window was wide open - not a very warm welcome in mid November! I was there for 2 nights - one day the room didn't get serviced - would have thought these would have been checked. The TV had a faded picture. Slightly better than a Travelodge, but I will not be back until I hear the bedroms have been upgraded.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
We acknowledge receipt of your review and note the points you raised regarding room refurbishment and the TV. Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback.
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn, Leicester in November for a local wedding and we were surprised how good it was. We only paid £35 and the room was fantastic, the bed was huge, and the room really spacious. The staff were really friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
We acknowledge receipt of your review and are pleased to note you thoroughly enjoyed your experience.
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

One has to accept that the hotel is old modern and as such needs an overhaul. That said they are making improvements and the hotel is good value. The gem, for the single traveller is the bar, the bar food and excellent service. Well done - I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Tavua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
We are pleased to note you enjoyed our hospitality in the bar, thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to seeing you again.
Bristol UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

I stay at a lot of HI's/CP's and they do vary considerably. I stayed here for the first time recently and it wasn't too bad at all. As a Platinum Member I received an upgrade and the room was very pleasant. The check in staff were very courteous and efficient as were all the staff. The restaurant menu was varied at hotel prices. Breakfast is usual buffet style. Yes you have to pay for parking but its a city centre hotel!!
I am staying again next week so try it yourself?

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank teejaybeeBristolUK
We acknowledge your constructive and encouraging review; thank you and we look forward to your continued loyalty as a Priority Club member.