My first stay at a Holiday Inn in Europe, in fact, my first stay at a Holiday inn for some time. Visiting family in the city our choices were restricted and we needed something close to town. I have to admit that I was sceptical (being used to 5 star hotels in Los Angeles etc) and I did have a pre-conception of a Holiday inn. Well, what a nice surprise for me then! We opted for a suite as we were there for a few days and had our 10 month old daughter with us so needed the space. The room was a very nice size for a suite with a separate dining room and lounge complete with flat screen tv's, PPV and free TV. The bathroom was large and clean with a sunken corner bath. The bed was comfortable and the baby cot was in a good condition and nice and clean, in fact, everything was nice and clean. A good start! We were on the 6th floor and I could hear some traffic but this is a city center hotel so I wasn't bothered and expected it. I'm a light sleeper and it didn't keep me awake, put it that way. We didn't eat in the restaurant but did order room service on the first night. Again, I was sceptical but I have to admit that for what it was, it was very good (a couple of sandwiches, fries and a couple of sides) - nice, simple and fresh... Oh, and hot! Staff were all professional and nice. Only thing that bugged me was that our room was not cleaned on the first day but they rectified this later on, after that house keeping were spot on. One elevator was out of action as they are replacing it. The work was noisy but to be fair they started after 10:00am so it never bothered us. They are clearly renovating the hotel. All in all I would say if you are looking for a decent hotel near the town center then give the Holiday Inn a try...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn hotel in Leicester is located in the centre of this up & coming City in the heart of England. With good road links from M1/M69 and A50. The hotel is minutes from Leicester train station. This City Centre hotel is ideally placed for the historic, cultural, sporting and tourist attractions such as the Leicester Tigers Rugby Club, Leicester City Football Club, Highcross Shopping Centre, De Montfort Concert Hall, National Space Centre, Conkers, Twycross Zoo, De Montfort University and Leicester University. See our packages page for further details on our fantastic family Stay, Play & Explore packageOur 188 guests rooms including Executive, Accessible, Family rooms & 2 Long Stay Suites meet both the needs of the leisure and corporate traveller with High-Speed internet access and 'Kids Stay & Eat Free*'. The unique Restaurant & Bar, & the 'Spirit' Leisure Club, with swimming pool, enhance Holiday Inn Leicesters' hotel's facilities. There is limited evening dining in the Vermont Restaurant throughout December. Please contact hotel for more information. *Terms & Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Leicester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Leicester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Leicester Leicestershire