“Great location and good value for money”

Holiday Inn Leicester
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Stayed here at the weekend got a bargain price ex breakfast via hotels.com had big room with two double beds on the 8th floor with good views of the city
Used the health club during the afternoon nice pool/sauna etc
going through a bit of a refurb as one of the lifts wasnt working which was a minor pain
Will use again if the price is right almost as cheap as a taxi home so its a no brainer

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms higher up 8th floor is the best
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Tavua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Your review is noted; thank you for your feedback and we look foward to welcoming you back during 2013. The lift refurbishment is sheduled to be finished shortly.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Leicester

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Initially the situation of the hotel doesn't look promising as it is basically next to a busy city centre roundabout, but the upside is that it is a stone's throw from all the shops and the double glazing cuts out most of the road noise.Have stayed in this hotel overnight on a number of occasions and have always been impressed. The best thing about this hotel is how pleasant, cheerful and obliging all the staff are. Also, If you book it before 21 days of your stay, you can get a two double bedded room with breakfast for two for as little as £65. Always go to the holiday inn website, rather than any other and if you scroll down there's a great choice of options.The rooms are clean, spacious, flat screen tv etc. Breakfast is buffet style, lovely hot and cold food available that you are spoilt for choice. Only negatives about the breakfast are you have to make your own toast, and the toaster is really slow, and the tomatoes they use are tinned rather than fresh but apart from this the breakfast is great value for money.The hotel also has a small swiming pool and gym free for guests. It is also next to an NCP car park and some of its deals offer free parking, otherwise this cost £10 , just hand your ticket into the hotel reception and they will stamp it for you at the end of your stay. Thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Tavua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you for posting your constructive review and for the positive feedback contained therein, particularly appreciated is the reference to all the staff. Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back during 2013.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

My first stay at a Holiday Inn in Europe, in fact, my first stay at a Holiday inn for some time. Visiting family in the city our choices were restricted and we needed something close to town. I have to admit that I was sceptical (being used to 5 star hotels in Los Angeles etc) and I did have a pre-conception of a Holiday inn. Well, what a nice surprise for me then! We opted for a suite as we were there for a few days and had our 10 month old daughter with us so needed the space. The room was a very nice size for a suite with a separate dining room and lounge complete with flat screen tv's, PPV and free TV. The bathroom was large and clean with a sunken corner bath. The bed was comfortable and the baby cot was in a good condition and nice and clean, in fact, everything was nice and clean. A good start! We were on the 6th floor and I could hear some traffic but this is a city center hotel so I wasn't bothered and expected it. I'm a light sleeper and it didn't keep me awake, put it that way. We didn't eat in the restaurant but did order room service on the first night. Again, I was sceptical but I have to admit that for what it was, it was very good (a couple of sandwiches, fries and a couple of sides) - nice, simple and fresh... Oh, and hot! Staff were all professional and nice. Only thing that bugged me was that our room was not cleaned on the first day but they rectified this later on, after that house keeping were spot on. One elevator was out of action as they are replacing it. The work was noisy but to be fair they started after 10:00am so it never bothered us. They are clearly renovating the hotel. All in all I would say if you are looking for a decent hotel near the town center then give the Holiday Inn a try...

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

We acknowledge your detailed as well as positive review and thank you for taking the time to post this. We are pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your first stay with us and hope we may welcome you back on your next visit to Europe.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Another annual North / South family reunion. Service was better than ever.Some repairs going on but not affecting the stay.
We stayed for dinner in house and this was very nice. Saw Dennis Taylor on Sunday, so can't be that bad!

Room Tip: Quiet 5th Floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Tavua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Your review is appreciated and we are pleased to note you once again enjoyed your visit to our hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back during 2013.

Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

I went to an abba night last night with a group of friends. We had a great time. The staff were lovely and helpful.

We had a pre-ordered meal which was nice. I had a melon starter which was a bit boring. For my main I had salmon which was beautifully cooked. It was served with carrots, brussels (thick were frozen) and roasties. Finally I had a choc and cherry pus which was gorgeous. Included in the meal was an open bar. I the wine they served was lovely.

The abba act they had were good and got everybody singing.

I didn't stay over but some of my friends did. The rooms were nice and clean though the corridors were a bit tired. Also only one lift worked which meant a bit of hanging around.

Overall though a brilliant night and I would happily go to other functions there.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your attendance of the Abba Tribute Night and for the construction feedback contained therein. We are pleased you all enjoyed the evening and look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

Staff here are pleasant; the public areas are reasonably attractive and the breakfast was good. However, there are severe drawbacks - there has only been one lift working for the past umpteen months (they are doing lift "upgrading" - although goodness knows why it is taking so long) - this means you have to wait 10 minutes on a lift during peak periods. Worst part is the bedrooms - like stepping back in time to the 1970s. When I arrived in my 5th floor room (505) at 9pm, the window was wide open - not a very warm welcome in mid November! I was there for 2 nights - one day the room didn't get serviced - would have thought these would have been checked. The TV had a faded picture. Slightly better than a Travelodge, but I will not be back until I hear the bedroms have been upgraded.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

We acknowledge receipt of your review and note the points you raised regarding room refurbishment and the TV. Thank you for taking the time to post this feedback.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn, Leicester in November for a local wedding and we were surprised how good it was. We only paid £35 and the room was fantastic, the bed was huge, and the room really spacious. The staff were really friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

We acknowledge receipt of your review and are pleased to note you thoroughly enjoyed your experience.