“good hotel with some pricing quibbles”

Holiday Inn Leicester
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We. Got a really good rate at this hotel. 44.00 peer night. But breakfast was extra and the WiFi was very expensive. Parking in the aerydjacent NCP was 10.00 per day. I feel there should be a rate quoted inclusive. Thankfully WiFi is nearly always free these days. Hotels that think they can ask for huge fees for WiFi are living in the past.
That said the rooms were very comfortable .The gym was one of the best equipped I have come across.
The front office staff were very friendly and efficient. Would definitely recommend this bottle especially if you don't have to park.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Tavua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

We are pleased to acknowledge receipt of your review and the feedback contained therein, including the reference to the pricing of certain facilities which is noted and will be passed to the relevant offices. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Stayed for two nights, attending a conference. Everywhere in the hotel was spotlessly clean and my room was very pleasant with a northerly outlook. Comfy bed, good shower. There was an excellent level of choice at both breakfast and the lunches laid on for our conference. Our conference dinner was good too. We did not use the restaurant outside of meals pre-booked for the conference - the town centre was a couple of minutes walk away and we found an excellent curry house!

Downsides? No free wifi and its difficult to cross the 3 lanes of traffic on the road outside the hotel to get into town. There's quite a bit of traffic noise at night too.

The biggest plus for me would be the staff who were tirelessly helpful and friendly throughout my stay. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

We acknowledge receipt of your review and thank you for taking the time to post this. We are particularly pleased to note the positive reference to staff service and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at the Holiday Inn for two weeks now out of four for work. I cannot fault the hotel staff for their kind and polite attitude, breakfast was excellent and again the waitress that served me every morning was smiley and polite. Good choice of food on the menu and the rooms are comfortable however, one improvement would be a plug socket by the bed. The only downfall I have to say is with the room cleaning. For the first week I couldn't fault it...in fact I would have top marked this hotel if it wasn't for this week....when I arrived the room smelt smokey (even though non smoking) and the cleaner had left no towels or TV remote which i wouldnt notmally be concerned about and wouldnt moan but there were also long dark hairs around the bathroom that certainly weren't mine and the tea/coffee wasnt re stocked correctly but I decided to put it down to them just having a bad day. The receptionist once again was helpful and supplied me a towel and remote. However, so far this week the cleaner has failed to restock the tea/coffee in the room, failed to re stock the toilet rolls and there are still "cleanable" and quite uneccessary marks around the bathroom. It just feels a little rushed and "just enough" which is a shame considering last week was flawless: im disappointed as i expected the same high standard. The downstairs staff and rest of the hotel I couldn't fault, they are very efficient & welcoming. It just seems to be the room upkeep letting it down which is a real shame !

• Stayed: April 2013

We acknowledge receipt of your review and thank you for taking the time to post this in such a constructive manner. Guest feedback is always appreciated and we do hope that we may continue to welcome you to our hotel. Thank you once again for your time.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed here with my daughter and her 3 friends as a birthday treat for my daughter. I contacted the hotel by email to request a cake and some balloons and these were arranged with ease and very reasonably priced. The staff at the desk when we arrived were friendly and helpful and the same can be said for the rest of the staff we dealt with during our stay. The hotel was clean, the room was nicely decorated with balloons and a banner, the cake was lovely and there was even a birthday card for my daughter. We didn't hear much traffic noise bearing in mind its location. All in all and fantastic stay and highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

We are pleased to hear your stay with us to celebrate your daughter's birthday with friends was such a success and to note that we were able to enhance the enjoyment of the occasion. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel as my husband attended a conference there.
We loved our stay. The rooms were fine, not ultra modern but clean and comfortable.
The food was great. So much choice for breakfasts and eggs cooked to order.
The reception, bar and restaurant staff were extremely friendly and helpful. If you needed anything they would bend over backwards to help you.
I enjoyed their leisure facilities. The pool was clean and a lovely big whirlpool too!
Ideally located for sightseeing . This hotel ticked all our boxes and we thoroughly enjoyed all our time spent here.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to our hotel with your husband who attended a conference. We very much appreciate the positive feedback regarding your overall stay and the service you received. Thank you once again for your time and we hope we may welcome you back on your next visit to Leicester.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed for three nights so far and - sadly - two to go. Rooms are good size (a plus) but are certainly getting a little dated (clean nonetheless). The restaurant is dreadful. Although not short of staff, service is very slow, and they are adept at avoiding eye contact. To date, I had to give up waiting to order dessert at dinner on Monday and just get up to leave - then I got my bill to sign - and this morning I was totally unable to secure tea or coffee at breakfast - totally ignored. Room service is slow too, and choice of food somewhat limited. Oh, and if you want somewhere quiet, look elsewhere - it is in the middle of a busy "roundabout/intersection" which explains why my request for a quiet room was ignored. I tried eating out last night at Nandos, but service there also terrible - is it a Leicester thing? Whatever, I cannot wait to leave

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Dave C,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This hotel is cheap to stay in and very functional but that it about it.
Breakfast self service but selection limited and my evening meal purchased from the adjoining restaurant undercooked ( I had a burger !)
If you just want somewhere to sleep then fine, otherwise it may be worth spending a little extra

• Stayed: May 2012
Tavua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

We acknowledge receipt of your review for your stay in May last year, guest feedback is always appreciated as this helps us to monitor our service and standards. Thank you for your time.