“Friendly staff, good package deal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Leicester

Holiday Inn Leicester
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, good package deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Last minute decision to go on the package incl B&B plus entry to 3 Leics. attractions. Did not really want to be in city centre but all there was left at such short notice. Friendly staff at reception who were v polite. Room was fine - tired carpet and furniture but beds and linens were very good and that is the most important thing. The bathroom was a surprise - Travelodge do much better. The bath had quite a bit of damage and both it and the old sink were stained. Seemed clean but hard to tell. Restaurant staff (Tracey!) were very welcoming, polite and helpful and good meal. Surprised they took the Tastecard at weekends so that was an unexpected bonus. Good package but the bathroom and dated corridors let it down somewhat. Pool and facilities good and not busy with friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tavua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Your constructive review has been noted and we thank you for taking the time to post this. We are pleased to see that your contact and interaction with staff added to your enjoyment of your stay with us. Refurbishment is ongoing and we will shortly be starting a bathroom upgrading programme. Thank you once again for your time - guest feedback is always appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Came away for two nights as part of the stay play and explore package and would say its a must for any family to experience. We loved the pool and managed to squeeze it in somehow. We really enjoyed the breakfast and my daughter loved the make your own pancakes at the tap of a button. Staff very welcoming and made my daughter feel very important which at ten years old was a hit. Our room was clean but we were a little miffed that there was no main light which made it a tad dark even with the bedside lights on in the evening. The hotel itself is very close to all the shops,a walk through the car park and over the road and you are there. We had a meal one night at the hotel as they had a buffet deal,think they do this every evening with different themes and it was 14,99 with a drink and help yourself,it was two courses and kids eat free so made it great value.
With this package you get to choose 3 out of 5 listed attractions,we opted for the space centre which was great and not too expensive on the food front.we also chose conkers and again it was good,take towels or wet wipes as you simply have to do the barefoot walk,kids love it very messy but great fun,food here a rip off and at £7 for a bacon roll and chips you would think you would get vinegar included erm no you have to pay for it. You get up to dec to use your tickets so we will be going back later in summer to try twinlakes park.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is always gratifying to receive such positive feedback and we are particularly pleased to note your daughter felt welcome and you all enjoyed the Stay Play & Explore package. Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive review and we look forward to welcoming you back later in the year.
Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Nice hotel convenient location for town centre and both Leicester Tigers stadium and Leicester football stadium.
NCP carpark onsite with discounted rayes for guests, Nice clean, modern hotel both public areas and bedrooms, roomy with usual facilities.
Friendly helpful staff, nice bar area, good selection on breakfast menu.
Very close to town centre and modern shopping precinct, through carpark and across main road. Nice town centre with good choice of resturaunts and bars

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased to note you enjoyed your recent stay with us and indeed your visit to the city of Leicester. Thank you for taking the time to post the review and we look forward to welcoming you back.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my mum and 2 aunts for 1 night and was impressed with the quickest check in ever! I booked 2 rooms and both had 2 double beds which was brilliant so we didn't have to share beds. Everything was clean and I couldn't find any faults at all.
I went to use the sauna and jacuzzi and as it was so early no one was there so I didn't have to fight for space. I would only ask that they extend the breakfast time so I can have a lie in!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tavua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased to read you all enjoyed your time with us and would like to add that breakfast at the weekend is extended until 11.00 a.m.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Nice hotel, big spacious room, comfortable beds. Nice breakfast buffet spread. Within walking distance to highstreet, high cross shopping area, most of the restauants, and most importantly to the Leicester Royal Infirmary. A special thanx to Ms Veena, reception counter staff, who checked us in and out. She was very professional, efficient, friendly, courteous and super helpful. It was our first time in Leicester, and she made us feel at home. All in all, would certainly recommend this place. Try to book early to get their good discount. Only thing is wifi is chargeable in the current century, which I hope that the hotel chain could look into.

Room Tip: Book early to get their excellent deal.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tavua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Guest feedback is always appreciated, particularly when highlighting positive aspects of your stay and mentioning a member of staff who we can then thank personally. We hope we may welcome you back again and thank you for your time.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend and very disappointed with the service provided and being a priority member or special requests made no difference or any concessions for the inconvenience or lack of service for valued customers.

At check in staff were too busy giggling and talking in reception and took a few minutes to check in cliients. I parked outside for a few minutes to ask about parking as the cost showed £19. I was notified incorrectly that there is a desk in the car park where they will provide the ticket an validate. I went to find the desk an there was nothing! I saw another lady in reception who notified me to park and then come back to validate the ticket each time over the 24hrs for £10 as per booking. No apologies for wasting 15mins to 20 mins. At check in, I was notified that breakfast was not included which was not clear on my booking. I was not happy, however, my wifewas tired after a charity run and wanted to relax. The breakfast was relayed as an excessive £10.95 per person and £14.95 on the day and non refundable once booked. As time did not permit the next day and wedding anniversary we booked it. I notified them it is excessive and definitely not competitive nowadays as pub ones are £3.99 eat as much as you want an hotels mostly around £7 to £8.

The complimentary steam, sauna, jacuzzi an swimming pool and room were very good when used and helped my wife relax an chill for an hour as well as the complimentary coffee and tea machine.

The room was queen size with business desk on the seventh floor next to the lift. The room was large and clean except we found hairs in bathroom floor. The minibar we did not touch as we did not want any excessive charges!

On the way to the function we validated the parking ticket before leaving and got a new ticket on return.

In the room whilst watching TV with nothing plugged in, all the lights and electricity went out! Rang the front desk with the light from the phone. Fortunately, the room phone was working. They asked me whether I had any 'foreign' items plugged in. I notified that there was nothing plugged in an sent someone round. I could here someone un-tripping probably the fuse box and the lights came on and we could continue watching the TV. The program we were watching had ended. The person from the front desk knocked on the door and asked again whether I had 'foreign' items being used. I asked him that he can have a look and what the problem seems to be? No answer, no apology except everything is working now! A little later, the same happened again and there was no light. I called front desk and just notified will send someone round. This time another little rumble outside un-tripping the electricity and all back. I this carried on one more time before giving up. No offer to rectify the room, concession or apology! I found the room due to heightened listening due to the problems and hear the hiss of water an heating probably from the room being next to the service and fuse room and being near the lift. Also, I agree about the low pressure on the seventh floor as per other reviews here.

I went to check out the next morning, I notified the lady of my problems on the priority desk on being asked how my stay was. I got a blank surprised look on breakfast prices, room problems during the night etc. Having stayed in other Holiday Inn here and abroad and other hotels, this is the first time I am very disappointed. Also, spoilt our relaxing special day!!

In conclusion from my experience a great hotel in a very good location and gym, sauna, steam and swimming pool, however, with excessive charges and a lack of service in my situation with no sympathy on explaining my problems courteously with no apology or compensation for a valued customer that is not one to complain is very disappointing from a global company!

Room Tip: Tips: Breakfast cheaper outside as next to town if you have time. ONLY For overnight stay or few ho...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank tailorshima
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear tailorshima,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Rewards member and for leaving us feedback. We aim to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. It is regrettable that this most recent visit of yours was less than satisfactory due to the shortcomings received in the service of the staff. Rest assured that these issues will be relayed to them so that they can continuously improve on their efforts. We take the confidence our guests place in us to rectify unsatisfactory circumstances.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Stayed here for one night as it gave great access into the town centre. Rooms quite nice, spacious, and clean.

Staff attentive and polite.

Car park right next door is a reasonable rate too.

Would stay there again without problem.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul W
Guest feedback is always appreciated - particularly when it is positive, and we thank you for taking the time to post your review.