Just got back today but have stayed here a few times so will write review for this stay .
Went away for a romantic night away with partner and booked here as we knew all the facility's and always found it an overall enjoyable experience . Room ?..... Partner upgraded and the suit was absolutely fantastic with a massive King size extremely comfortable bed . The bathroom was large with a big corner bath which was fantastic and it was lovely to have a separate living area. 10 / 10 !!!!! Location ?........ We had no problem with any traffic noise even though we had busy roads outside ( we were on floor 6 ) and even though I was worried about being right opposite the lifts we never heard them being used at all during the night .10 / 10 !!!!!!!!
Now the bad points ...... when the booking was made we wasn't told the Holiday Inn, for this particular weekend, was catering for 4 different functions ! We found that out after booking in and hearing groups of youngsters ( from the Irish Rugby function? ) running up and down the corridor outside ,shouting and playing hide and seek with other members of the ground as we found when going down in the lift and stopping to pick up more youngsters along the way who was getting on and off at different floors.
After going to enquirer about eating at the restaurant we were informed this was doughtful as they had to cater for 100 guests ( 45 of those being kids ) but after enquiering she let us enter . Romantic meal ? forget it , no way ! ( partner wasn't very pleased ) so we were very disappointed.
Can I just mentions 3 very very good things ? (1) the group of Irish Rugby ( Blokes ) ,that we bumped into at the lifts , were an absolute joy to talk to and an absolute laugh . (2) The petite blond barmaid behind the bar who went the extra mile to go and find Ginger Nut biscuits because I wasn't feeling well ...."Thank you" (3) The way the manager , on checking out , dealt with our complaints quickly and she was fantastic .... "Well Done "
Would we stay here again? .....100 % yes x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn hotel in Leicester is located in the centre of this up & coming City in the heart of England. With good road links from M1/M69 and A50. The hotel is minutes from Leicester train station. This City Centre hotel is ideally placed for the historic, cultural, sporting and tourist attractions such as the Leicester Tigers Rugby Club, Leicester City Football Club, Highcross Shopping Centre, De Montfort Concert Hall, National Space Centre, Conkers, Twycross Zoo, De Montfort University and Leicester University. See our packages page for further details on our fantastic family Stay, Play & Explore packageOur 188 guests rooms including Executive, Accessible, Family rooms & 2 Long Stay Suites meet both the needs of the leisure and corporate traveller with High-Speed internet access and 'Kids Stay & Eat Free*'. The unique Restaurant & Bar, & the 'Spirit' Leisure Club, with swimming pool, enhance Holiday Inn Leicesters' hotel's facilities. There is limited evening dining in the Vermont Restaurant throughout December. Please contact hotel for more information. *Terms & Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Leicester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Leicester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Leicester Leicestershire