I stayed here on a work trip, whilst I think the hotel is in a fantastic location and facilities are good there is something lacking.
Check in was fine and the receptionist I dealt with was down to Earth and friendly. When I got to the room I was dissapointed, I felt it was a little dated and I had been put opposite the lifts so it was quite noisy.
The room itself were clean, very spacious but in need of a refurb. Very basic room amenities and no mini bar/fridge, it was also very warm and the hotel does not have air con.
I wanted to treat myself and have breakfast in bed, I ordered for 8.30am and by 8.50am it didn't turn up so I went down to the restaurant to get it myself. I stood for several minutes and got ignored by the staff, I was eventually seated and not told anything re the buffet etc and was left to it. Whilst I know how to get myself breakfast it would have been nice for them to explain what was on offer and where - something other hotels do as standard.
The breakfast was nice which in my eyes reedeemed the hotel more, there was a nice selection on offering and a pancake machine - sadly I didn't have time to use it as I had to have my breakfast quickly due to them not bringing it to my room.
I felt the staff and service let the hotel down, for me if a hotel is a little dated or there are elements that are not brilliant having a strong staff on duty can really bump up my opinion of the hotel - on this occasion all I can remember from my stay is that the hotel staff were somewhat lacking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn hotel in Leicester is located in the centre of this up & coming City in the heart of England. With good road links from M1/M69 and A50. The hotel is minutes from Leicester train station. This City Centre hotel is ideally placed for the historic, cultural, sporting and tourist attractions such as the Leicester Tigers Rugby Club, Leicester City Football Club, Highcross Shopping Centre, De Montfort Concert Hall, National Space Centre, Conkers, Twycross Zoo, De Montfort University and Leicester University. See our packages page for further details on our fantastic family Stay, Play & Explore packageOur 188 guests rooms including Executive, Accessible, Family rooms & 2 Long Stay Suites meet both the needs of the leisure and corporate traveller with High-Speed internet access and 'Kids Stay & Eat Free*'. The unique Restaurant & Bar, & the 'Spirit' Leisure Club, with swimming pool, enhance Holiday Inn Leicesters' hotel's facilities. There is limited evening dining in the Vermont Restaurant throughout December. Please contact hotel for more information. *Terms & Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Leicester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Leicester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Leicester Leicestershire