“good location”

Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“good location”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight at this hotel.its in a good locatiin to the town centre, situated in a middle if a roundabout so can be quite tricky to enter when traffic busy.
rooms clean and airy bathroom same as any other hotel, though bath quite high to get into unless tall . breakfast lovely and plentyfull.
A few drawbacks is the bar drinks are quite expensive and parking is extra though close to the hotel.
would we stay therevagain, Yes we would.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Location excellent, large hotel, usual facilities. WiFi and parking extra, breakfast £10.95(!) - for a buffet. Staff OK. Stayed 3 nights. Weather was hot, no a/c, couldn't open the window due to road noise (7th floor). Sink plug faulty (I should have reported it).

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Panhead-rider
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear AndyCarlisleUk,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. On the other hand, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced due to the service rates. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here on a Saturday with my fiancee after a party in the city centre, great location 5mins to the Highcross shopping centre, casino, bars and restaurants.

Check in was nice and easy, we stayed in a suite room 603 which was big with a very comfy double bed and work desk for those on business. All usual mod cons, toiletries, hairdryer, safe, minibar, tea/coffee, dressing gown etc. Views are not fantastic as it's more or less in the middle of a roundabout but only as it's so close to the centre!

Had a good nights sleep all in all! The staff are very welcoming and friendly, it also has a gym, swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi too which our friends said was great. They have a starbucks in there too!

Loads for breakfast, continental pastries, cooked breakfast, cereals and a pancake maker.

I would stay here again if staying in the city!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the high floors if you want peace and queit as the hotel is busy!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cmfhewett
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here on a work trip, whilst I think the hotel is in a fantastic location and facilities are good there is something lacking.

Check in was fine and the receptionist I dealt with was down to Earth and friendly. When I got to the room I was dissapointed, I felt it was a little dated and I had been put opposite the lifts so it was quite noisy.
The room itself were clean, very spacious but in need of a refurb. Very basic room amenities and no mini bar/fridge, it was also very warm and the hotel does not have air con.

I wanted to treat myself and have breakfast in bed, I ordered for 8.30am and by 8.50am it didn't turn up so I went down to the restaurant to get it myself. I stood for several minutes and got ignored by the staff, I was eventually seated and not told anything re the buffet etc and was left to it. Whilst I know how to get myself breakfast it would have been nice for them to explain what was on offer and where - something other hotels do as standard.

The breakfast was nice which in my eyes reedeemed the hotel more, there was a nice selection on offering and a pancake machine - sadly I didn't have time to use it as I had to have my breakfast quickly due to them not bringing it to my room.

I felt the staff and service let the hotel down, for me if a hotel is a little dated or there are elements that are not brilliant having a strong staff on duty can really bump up my opinion of the hotel - on this occasion all I can remember from my stay is that the hotel staff were somewhat lacking.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the lifts!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank KellyM547
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear KellyM547,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am glad that you liked our location. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. However, I apologize if the level of service received and room condition did not meet your standards. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Charisse V.
Paris, France
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We came to Leicester for a music festival and stayed a the Holiday Inn.
The hotel is nicely located, close to the high street where you can find shops, pubs and restaurants.
The breakfast was very ggod, plenty of variety for all tastes!
The room we booked was huge and very nice and clean. The only small issues we met were with the safe that did not work. I called the reception and as we arrived in the evening, nobody could come and fix it. We did not use it and did not meet any issue so that was fine.
The minibar contained two free bottles of water which we appreciated. Still be carefull with the minibar as it is an automated one, so whatever you touch is marked as drunk even if not ! I found at on our departure day ... Apart from this, the staff was friendly and very helpful, I would probably come back again if I was to get back to Leicester.

Room Tip: We got a nice deal for an executive with breakfast included (6th floor) which was nice and spacious.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Check-in was a little slow as a new member of staff was being trained, but staff were very friendly and helpful. Large room but, perhaps due to the age of the hotel, there is a bit of a tired feeling to the decor. I really liked the green dot system to encourage guests to turn off lights, etc when they leave the room. We ate in the bar, service was very friendly and the food good. Liked the fresh fruit available at breakfast, but found the cooked food a bit lacking.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear JenK297,

Thank you for writing a candid review following your recent stay. We are very glad you found the staff helpful and that the size of the room was to your liking. On the other hand, it is regrettable that the food selections were limited. Despite this, I am glad that you were able to enjoy the fresh fruits.

As a valued guest, we appreciate all the feedback we receive, and most certainly welcome any opportunity to improve. We look forward to having you again on your next future visit.

Warm Regards,

Tracy V.
Bishop auckland
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

On arriving at the holiday inn my first thoughts were that it was in a pretty good location, easy to find and car park easy to access. The rooms were as I expected basic but reasonably clean. It was'nt massively expensive but I have stayed in much better hotels for a lot less money. The morning we were due to leave check out was at 12 but unfortunately housekeeping had other ideas there constant knocking on doors, vacuuming and high pitched whistles that led us to believe they wanted us to leave. So with that in mind my husband and I decided to get organised and leave firstly by having a shower. The bad news that followed was that the shower that wasn't the cleanest was also freezing cold, I did wonder if housekeeping had turned the hot water off to get everybody out!! When checking out we were asked on a scale of one to ten if we could rate our stay to which we proceeded to explain about the lack of hot water to which the replay was sorry about that did you validate your parking ticket? At that we thought there wasn't much point continuing and left and we both agreed we wouldn't be back in a hurry.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank KStiv29
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear KStiv29,

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent stay. It is nice to know that you found our location convenient, and the parking facility easily accessible. It is very troubling to read, though, that the bathroom quality and level of service you received was a let down. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience these aspects have caused.

The feedback we receive from valued guests like you is highly appreciated. We will certainly look into these issues to work on areas of improvement and achieve superior guest satisfaction. Should you be back here in Leicester in the future, we look forward to serving you again.

Warm Regards,