I am a platinum Priority Club member. I use this brand of hotels all the time. This is by far the worst Holiday Inn I have stayed at. I was disappointed not to be offered an upgrade to which I am entitled if a better room is available even though at breakfast the following morning the only other people there were one family. When I did ask for an upgrade I got one. I was told it was my fault for not asking the night before - good customer relations, I don't think! My first room had the most awful smell. This is something about which other reviewers have made comment. The smell was rather as if someone had left some old food in the room. Whatever the cause it did not make for a good night's sleep. The douvet cover was torn and the bed not properly made up. I had to swap the douvet with the other bed. Both matresses were clearly in need of replacement as they felt they must be years old. Actually the whole hotel looks very tired and to be honest I felt dirty just being in the place, though this was mainly because the place was shabby rather than unclean. The following day I did get an upgrade and was given a room on the 6th floor. To be fair this was better, but not great for an executive room. There were bottles of water on the side which had been lacking the night before. I also noted that on the 6th floor the mini-bar was fully stocked whereas the previous night there was nothing in the fridge. Maintenance is also somewhat lacking. The light in my standard lamp was not working in the upgraded room. When I asked for a new bulb one did arrive but that did not work. I was told the problem was the fuse. These sorts of thing should be picked up my regular maintenance. Now I know I may be being a bit harsh here but I did get the overall impression of a hotel that was not particularly well managed; that needed a face lift; and, well, I won't be staying here again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn hotel in Leicester is located in the centre of this up & coming City in the heart of England. With good road links from M1/M69 and A50. The hotel is minutes from Leicester train station. This City Centre hotel is ideally placed for the historic, cultural, sporting and tourist attractions such as the Leicester Tigers Rugby Club, Leicester City Football Club, Highcross Shopping Centre, De Montfort Concert Hall, National Space Centre, Conkers, Twycross Zoo, De Montfort University and Leicester University. See our packages page for further details on our fantastic family Stay, Play & Explore packageOur 188 guests rooms including Executive, Accessible, Family rooms & 2 Long Stay Suites meet both the needs of the leisure and corporate traveller with High-Speed internet access and 'Kids Stay & Eat Free*'. The unique Restaurant & Bar, & the 'Spirit' Leisure Club, with swimming pool, enhance Holiday Inn Leicesters' hotel's facilities. There is limited evening dining in the Vermont Restaurant throughout December. Please contact hotel for more information. *Terms & Conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Leicester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Leicester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Leicester Leicestershire