“Finaly a real hotel”

Holiday Inn Leicester
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 15 September 2010

After staying in Manchester Airport Crown plaza hotel and being a priority club member, I thought I would try this hotel since the hotel I was supposed to stay in did not commit to their end of the deal and did not provide the room I booked their only solution was an apology and an offer of finding me another hotel.

So when I arrived at the Holiday Inn the check inn was fast, the room was huge, clean, great bed , and air conditioned, I loved it and wondered why I didn't book his in the first place.

the breakfast was great , the staff were great especially the restaurant waiters, my wallet fell out of my pocket and I didn't notice until they came up to at the reception and gave it back to me, I will never forget this pleasant experience and will always go back there in future.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Tavua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2010

Thank you very much for the constructive and positive feedback posted and we do hope that if you are in Leicester in the future we will be your first choice hotel. Thank you again for your time.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Leicester

Reviewed 8 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel many times between 2001 and 2004. I was on business and found this to be a good business hotel. Rooms were always clean and well appointed and the size of the bed meant I could have a very pleasant stretch out. Convenient for Leicester city centre I never was disturbed by city centre noise. The adjacent car park is a bonus and I used the leisure facilities extensively. Breakfast was always good and room service excellent.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Tavua, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2010

Thank you for the review following your most recent stay with us and for your loyalty to our hotel and company. Guest feedback is always appreciated - thank you for your time.

Reviewed 30 August 2010

The four of us (2 adults and two children (5 and 7)) stopped in a smart double bedroom. We had a good meal in the restaurant - the children ate for free. We also used the swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Overall a very pleasant stay. There is a NCP car park next to the hotel, which charges £10 per 24 hours. The city centre shops are less than 5 minutes walk away. The hotel is about 20 minutes from the National Space Centre.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for the review following your stay with us at the end of August and we are pleased to note that you and your family enjoyed the hotel facilities, as well as the attractions of Leicester. Thank you for your time and we do hope we may welcome you back.

Reviewed 26 August 2010

Stayed on seventh floor. Soundproofing so poor I could hear my neighbour's Blackberry receiving emails during the night. The constant wail of police sirens didn't help either. The room was tired and the facilities poor- including the stained towel.
At the bar staff were too busy talking to serve their only customers and took three attempts to get the order right- sparkling mineral water!!!

• Stayed: August 2010

Thank you for the review following your stay with us at the end of August. We would like to assure you that your feedback has been noted by the General Manager, we do appreciate the feedback and thank you for your time.

Reviewed 16 August 2010

I obtained a room from late special offer it was £51.00 fora Executive Room inc breakfast for the 2 of us. Room was spot on, we were allowed it at 11.30am as room was available - reception very friendly & helpful. The breakfast was as expected - self service. Head of breakfast table service on Suday morning credit to hotel. Only let down for me was the Spa facilities they were dark & in desperate need of update to bring to the level of the Hotel itself. This said was an enjoyable stay & excellent value for money.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the positive feedback contained in your review, particularly the value for money aspect. We are pleased to note you enjoyed your visit and hope that we may welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2010

I am a platinum Priority Club member. I use this brand of hotels all the time. This is by far the worst Holiday Inn I have stayed at. I was disappointed not to be offered an upgrade to which I am entitled if a better room is available even though at breakfast the following morning the only other people there were one family. When I did ask for an upgrade I got one. I was told it was my fault for not asking the night before - good customer relations, I don't think! My first room had the most awful smell. This is something about which other reviewers have made comment. The smell was rather as if someone had left some old food in the room. Whatever the cause it did not make for a good night's sleep. The douvet cover was torn and the bed not properly made up. I had to swap the douvet with the other bed. Both matresses were clearly in need of replacement as they felt they must be years old. Actually the whole hotel looks very tired and to be honest I felt dirty just being in the place, though this was mainly because the place was shabby rather than unclean. The following day I did get an upgrade and was given a room on the 6th floor. To be fair this was better, but not great for an executive room. There were bottles of water on the side which had been lacking the night before. I also noted that on the 6th floor the mini-bar was fully stocked whereas the previous night there was nothing in the fridge. Maintenance is also somewhat lacking. The light in my standard lamp was not working in the upgraded room. When I asked for a new bulb one did arrive but that did not work. I was told the problem was the fuse. These sorts of thing should be picked up my regular maintenance. Now I know I may be being a bit harsh here but I did get the overall impression of a hotel that was not particularly well managed; that needed a face lift; and, well, I won't be staying here again!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

We wish to acknowledge receipt of your feedback which the General Manager has reviewed. We are obviously disappointed with this; however, appreciate the time you have taken as constructive criticism helps us to monitor our service and standards. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed 18 July 2010

We had the lucky outcome of a complimentary room at the Holiday Inn, Leicester as a prize (even though we had to travel up from Portsmouth). We parked in the NCP (£5) and were made very welcome on arrival.

Our room was clean and well appointed. We used the Leisure facilities i.e. pool, sauna, jaquizzi, sauna and steam room and had no problems. Despite there being a wedding taking place we were only disturbed by being the room next to the lift (well it was a free stay). The breakfast was plentiful and the staff constantly checked we were ok and topped up drinks.

Checkout was straightforward and we also benefited from the opportunity to meet relatives nearby. Well recommended and we would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Tavua, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2010

Thank you for your review following your stay with us ealier this month and we are pleased to note that you would recommend our hotel and use the Holiday Inn for future visits to Leicester.