Lowest prices for your stay
£76
Man1cmom
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Good stay
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Mar 2024via mobile
Stayed whilst visiting local uni.
From the outside, the hotel is not very appealing. Don’t let that put you off, appearances were certainly deceptive on this occasion.
Warm welcome from Reception and easy check in process. I don’t particularly like the badgering to join their loyalty scheme but that’s just preference.
Corridors to room smelt quite musty.
Room itself was perfect. No quibbles, warm, comfy bed. Clean. Iron/hairdryer in room. Body wash and shampoo too and tea and coffee making facilities.
I didn’t like the fact the room was quite dark with no central light, relying on wall lights. Also, it must’ve been an inter joining room as there was an internal door which was bolted, freaked me out a little. Some noise from the corridor, nothing major.
Full bar and nice bar area. Breakfast was lovely-fresh, hot and friendly staff-could do with ensuring proper cups are available at all times for hot drinks instead of paper cups.
Car parking is expensive. The hotel is centrally located.
I will return to this hotel in the future!!
Date of stay: February 2024
4.0 miles from Holiday Inn Leicester, an IHG Hotel
0.2 miles from Holiday Inn Leicester, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Leicester
1,330 results
All reviews city centre car park executive room good size per day checking in road noise buffet style one night stay following morning good nights sleep ncp gym inns
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2024

During my two-night stay with my family, Ewa, at the front desk, warmly welcomed us and ensured our comfort. Additionally, Christina, during our breakfast on Saturday, was exceptionally helpful and cheerful. Both individuals exemplified outstanding hospitality.

Room tip: Highly recommend
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 19 February 2024

Dear Natural S

We do look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 January 2024 via mobile

Excellent stay here. Rooms are very comfortable and good amenities. Very good customer care. Wide variety of food at breakfast. Evening meal good quality and plenty of choice. Central location making getting around very easy. Would recommend

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 1 February 2024

Dear Voyager47316803121

Thank you so much for sharing your great feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Leicester!

I shared your comments with our team. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your experience with us and I am sure that this feedback served as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We appreciate you sharing your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2024

Fantastic from start to finish. Staff are just so professional welcoming and friendly.
We were greeted a checkin with such politeness,and felt like they were so happy to have us stay. Early checkin was arranged by receptionist who rang various floors to see if any rooms had been cleaned early
Room fabulous, std holiday inn room, clean, comfy, bed really comfy. Hotel lovely and quiet
Breakfast on Sunday was incredible, they went out of their way to facilitate my wife who is gluten intolerant. The manager was just so friendly and nice, as were the staff
Have stayed in numerous holiday inn in my life but this was just fantastic
Checkout was same, the receptionist who checked us in day before was on, and again she was so nice and checked everything was ok
10/10 to this Holiday Inn

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 23 January 2024

Dear Kieron D

Thanks for your feedback and the time you took to share them with us. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are always delighted when we receive great feedback such as yours and where we can accommodate guest requirements we are happy to deliver.

Rest assured, that we will take your comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure we continue to deliver great service and a warm welcome on your next visit.

We do hope that you decide to visit us again in the future and thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Leicester.

Warm regards

Reviewed 5 December 2023

Had a great 4 nights stay here recently. I was impressed with the very large room which was spotlessly clean. Large bathroom too. The best Holiday Inn room I’ve stayed in. I’d booked a standard king room but I think that as a IHG Gold Elite Member I may have had an upgrade without being told. I found a room safe, fridge, bottled water and biscuits in my room which I hadn’t expected in a standard room.

Hotel doesn’t look too impressive from the outside but is lovely and modern inside. Although surrounded by busy roads it was very quiet inside. Very close to Leicester Cathedral and the more historic parts of the city. All the staff were very friendly. Breakfast was good with a wide variety of food. The hot food items could have been a bit warmer but at least unlike many hotels these days it was served on warm plates.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Management response:Responded 8 December 2023

Dear MyBreaks11

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback on your recent stay with us. The team is encouraged by your score, and it would motivate them to continue improving to deliver great service.

It is great to acknowledge you as a valued gold elite IHG member and be able to upgrade your room, we will always try to do this where possible.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 November 2023 via mobile

Bar staff, without exception do not say please or thankyou. Menu Limited and frankly without imagination - I ordered food from just eat which both filled me up and was cheaper. The real killer was the apparently sperm laden chair in my room - see photo. Nah - last time here, after many visits in the past.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 1 December 2023

Dear Bishytraveller84

Greetings from Holiday Inn Leicester!

At the outset, I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback.

It is with great concern I have noted your adverse feedback. While we endeavor to provide you with the finest hospitality in keeping with the standards associated with the Holiday Inn, we seem to have fallen short in this instance.

It goes without saying that we at Holiday Inn Leicester cannot give ourselves room for such anomalies and I have reiterated to the staff the importance of maintaining exceptional service standards.

We once again thank you for your feedback as it is only your valuable comments and suggestions that help us in our continuous endeavour to make improvements.

I will ensure our cleanliness and service is the best in the future and the teams are more prepared for service.

Give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves and let me know of your next visit so we can offer you great service

With best regards,