“Great value, very pleasant”

Southfork Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leicester
Southfork Guest House
Ranked #11 of 23 Leicester B&B and Inns
Bromborough, England, United Kingdom
“Great value, very pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Friendly, pleasant place to stay. Decent size room with shower and toilet. Old fashioned decor but added to the charm. The ceiling fan was a great asset! Freshly cooked breakfast completed my stay nicely. Overall great value for money

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Derby
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stayed here only for 1 night, i had a warm welcome when i entered. I had a single room booked, the room was a good size, but some furniture could do with a bit of modernisation but saying that the room was very clean and was nicely decorated like you would find in a travel lodge it also had a digital flat screen tv. I had a great sleep the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good as they serve a cooked english breakfast as well as cereals I was happy with my stay and if i need a room in leicester i would come back to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank sam j
Macclesfield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed here for a week while I was working nearby. It is two semis, which have been converted to a large guest house, with several parking bays at the front. My room had a wc and a shower which had been built into a decent sized room, it has to be said in a slightly hotch potch way, but everything worked. Ultra chic it is most definitely not, functional probably describes it better, but I was very happy with the facilities and service. The room was clean and tidy, with a little desk and chair by the window which I found useful, and tea & coffee on a tray. the bed was very comfortable and the shower was good (temperature and strength of water jet). Breakfast was fine – cereal and toast plus a fairly small cooked breakfast, which was just right for me, I didn’t want an enormous breakfast, and the plates were warmed so the food didn't go cold. The people were friendly too, but not so friendly that it was intrusive, if you know what I mean, If I come back to Leicester I will be happy to book here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Tony S
East Midlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

We were welcomed by a gentleman who just asked us to put our names in the book and then disappeared to get his daughter to take us up to our room. No pleasantries or welcoming ambionce.
The bedroom doors all had tatty sticky tape over old locks and were old fashioned fire doors where you had to lock with a key inside and out.
No welcome tray and when all you want is a coffee after a long journey, that was discraceful, especially when the website states tea/coffee in rooms!
The room was desperate for a complete overhaul, woodchip with a floral border and cracks in the walls. The furniture was like some from the 80's, cream double wardrobe with stick on floral decals, nothing matched in the room and looked like they had just got a job lot from the local junk auction.
The shower was a cubicle straight from the room with black mould on the tiles and ceiling. The toilet was carpetted!! The sink was in the room, obviously where it had always been, and had the only working light, apart from a ceiling light in the bay window.
The divan was tatty but the bedding was clean and the towels were white and unmarked.
The heating wasn't on and it was quite chilly but it did come on whilst we were out later that evening but by the time we had gone to bed it was freezing in the room.
Breakfast was basic; 1 sice of bacon, 1 sausage, 1 egg and a scoop of cold beans! Hardly a full English Breakfast, shameful. We were able to help ourselves to cereal and toast, juice and coffee, but really not what we have previously experienced as a full breakfast.
Overall I think this Guest House is more like a DHSS doss house I'm afraid, so I don't know how they were awarded a Tourism Award of 2 stars! It needs the Hotel Inspector because people are paying for this and it is not what they expect from the description on an obviously very old website, as the chairs are different in the dining room, Trades Descriptions etc surely comes into this?

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple