We were bought an Activity Superstore voucher as a gift.
We had the afternoon tea at Brook Westfield House Hotel near Leicester. The hotel staff were very welcoming and showed us in to the restaurant where we were the only customers. We were told that the "chef" was preparing our afternoon tea and were asked which kind of tea we would like. We chose English Breakfast and this arrived in a teapot with cracked lid and chipped milk jug. From the taste of the tea it was obvious these were the cheapest catering teabags. The sandwiches were OK, fresh sliced bread with cheese and tomato, ham and prawn. Then everything went down hill. The scones were of the cheap long life supermarket variety which had been microwaved. These came with a pat of butter, cheap plastic packs of jam and "cream" that was very thin and tasted disgusting. We wondered if it was some sort of cheap imitation cream. Then the cakes. We each got a small slice cheap catering soggy lemon tart and a thin piece of cheap catering chocolate gateaux. We are not natural compainers but when asked if everything was OK we had to tell the truth! The waitress was very apologetic and after speaking to the manager, returned our voucher. Perhaps the "chef" (head defroster and microwaver would be more appropriate) should go somewhere to have a proper cream tea or perhaps it was the best he could do on a budget of about 30p per head.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blaby Westfield House Hotel is the ideal location for visiting Leicester and the surrounding areas for both the business and leisure traveller the Blaby Westfield House Hotel is situated in the old town of Blaby, only a short distance from the M1, M69 with easy access to all areas of Leicester and only 5 miles away from the city centre and close to Fosse park shopping centre and main business parks. The Blaby Westfield House Hotel is a great place for any event from Intimate Family Gatherings, Parties Weddings and Special Occasions with Banqueting Facilities. With all four of our conference rooms located on the ground floor these rooms are ideal for Business Conference Events, Business Meetings and Training Courses. We offer competitive packages, full catering and conference facilities to meet all requirements from 2 -80 persons. The Blaby Westfield House Hotel possesses 48 well-appointed En-suite bedrooms with Flat screen TVs, Tea and Coffee Making facilities and free WiFi. The Blaby Fitness Gym can be used for free for our residents. (Please note the gym is operated separately from the hotel and opening times vary). Guests can unwind and relax in The Hunters Bar lounge with flat screen TV the bar offers a wide range of Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks or alternatively try a taste meal in our Hunters Restaurant. The hotels bar lounge is open every day of the week for the general public and restaurant is open from Monday to Thursday from 6pm to 9pm offering a full range of Hot food, Coffees, Teas and Light Bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and LateRooms so you can book your Blaby Westfield House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westfield Hotel Leicester
- Blaby Westfield House Hotel Leicester, Leicestershire