“First Class Sunday Lunch Venue.”

and 1 more site!
Blaby Westfield House Hotel
Ranked #31 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We enjoyed a delightful three course Sunday lunch at Westfield today. We were welcomed immediately we entered, shown to seats in the bar and given menus. There was a nice varied choice for each course. The food was excellent, well presented and tasted good. The staff were very attentive and made our visit feel special. Definitely a return visit will be made.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
BrookWestfieldHouse, Manager at Blaby Westfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you for the kind review the staff who were on duty appreciate your positive comments.

There are newer reviews for Blaby Westfield House Hotel

Reviewed 9 September 2012

I got a special offer on one of those websites that sends you daily offers by email. Right from the outset me and my partner were disappointed by the service in this restaurant. The woman who was working in the bar was not very friendly or welcoming although I wouldn't say she was rude but she kept saying to us that she would be with us in a minute. She was pouring drinks to take to the restaurant and was gone for several minutes. Another lady who had also been waiting rang the bell to get her back. She served us our drinks and then asked us to wait in the bar area and choose our food from the menu. It soon became apparent that there was absolutely no organisation whatsoever when she returned a few minutes later with the chef to ask who had ordered their starters and who hadn't!

We were then told there was no chicken which my partner had decided on so she had to choose something else. Another lady came in from outside to complain that they had booked a table for 2pm and they hadn't been seated yet and it was nearly 2:45. The restaurant wasn't even full in fact no more than 60% full. Our order was taken and then we were seated a few minutes later. The couple on the next table told us that the chef had been out organising tables and managing the staff as well as trying to cook. A waitress came out of the kitchen with 2 main courses of roast beef which we had ordered and she tried to put them on our table. We said that we hadn't had our starters yet so she turned to take them back to the kitchen and the couple on the next table had to attract her attention to tell her they were theirs. The waitress then went into the kitchen to get the vegetables came back and put them on our table! We pointed out they were for the other table.

Our starters arrived and I had the pate. It stated on the menu that it was served with warm toast but it was distinctly cold. The pate itself was of a poor quality. The main course was of an acceptable standard. The Yorkshire pudding was rather dry and we could have used a little more gravy but otherwise OK. The desert was quite nice for both of us. My partner had a wine glass with a very obvious lipstick mark on it which she wasn't impressed with and we asked for a jug of water. The jug was plastic with lots of crack marks on it, the bottom was discoloured and it was also slowly leaking.

To summarise I would say that the biggest issue here is with the quality of the staff. There was clearly no leadership whatsoever, they didn't have a clue what to do and there were none of those friendly touches like you get elsewhere like a welcome with a smile, a "Is everything OK with your meal" and a goodbye. It's as if it was everyone's first day and they've had no training whatsoever. The restaurant itself looks like it needs some maintenance as there were water marks on the ceiling and down one of the pillars and it just feels a bit tired. I can't imagine too many people who visited today will be going back and you can only see a place like this going down a slippery slope. Bad experiences lead to loss of revenue meaning there's less money to improve the standards. Hats off to the chef though who worked his bottom off trying to keep the place running. He must have felt very let down by the other staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Neil C
BrookWestfieldHouse, Manager at Blaby Westfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Thank you for your review, Unfortunately I am aware there were serious issues with our lunch service on Sunday 9th September. I can only apologise as it definitely fell extremely short of the usual high standard of service the hotel is renowned for.There were many factors leading up to this, including the manager having to go home before lunch service due to a family crisis and another manager on holiday which left the restaurant team with little guidance and 63 lunch covers to cope with. This is by no means an excuse but an explanation for the appalling service you experienced on Sunday. The emergency procedures in place did not on this occasion alleviate the situation as they should .The staff were extremely busy and with a manager absent they were under pressure and struggled to cope. I am sure you are aware that most of the previous trip advisor reviews compliments my staff for their polite, friendly and efficient. manner . Please be assured that last Sunday was an isolated incident and all the previous good reviews show that The Brook Westfield Hotel is an improving hotel Although I can appreciate your concerns given your recent experience. I will of course make every effort to ensure that this situation never arises again .

I would be grateful if you would contact me on 0116 2787898 or on claire.palmer@brook-hotels.co.uk as I agree the whole idea of the promotion is to encourage local people to use the hotel.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

I have recently had my wedding here and from the minute we booked it was brilliant, the manager answered every question within the day. Any thing we wanted they accommodated for. All day we had the manager check that we were ok and even allowed for a last minute guest without a problem.Food was brilliant service was great and staff were really friendly. Swimming pool is lovely. Didn't use gym but it looked good. Would recommend this hotel as a wedding venue for anyone. Also nice little garden for pics.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for your review it was a pleasure to look after you and your guests on your special day. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon perhaps using our leisure club and all the best for the future.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

Brook Westfield House Hotel is an excellent small hotel, with very friendly and professional staff and managers. The facilities are very good and include a gym, swimming pool and free wireless internet. Accommodation is good but soon rooms can be a little warm in the summer. The menu and food are of good standard, the hotel is clean and there is an excellent bar, which could only be improved by the addition of real ale (if only). Having lived for several nights a week at Westfield House for the last 4 months plus, I can thoroughly recommend it to anybody. So much better than the chains, and the excellent staff ensure the hotel has a great atmosphere. It's like a home from home.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are worth having if available.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Graham J
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I would like to say thankyou for our lovely stay at your Hotel recently.when arriving we thought the hotel looked very dated but that all changed when we enterd,the reception staff were very welcoming,the room we had was very spaciouse and very clean the meals were lush and the big bonus was the pool.And thanks to the lady manager for all the attension we were given from start to finish it made us feel very special,we will defo come back hopefully xmas,big thanks to all the friendly staff. Well done and keep up the good work.

A very happy customer

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, myself and the team at Westfield House Hotel always try to ensure everyone enjoys their stay. I look forward to welcoming you back at Christmas.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Well were do I start from the moment we checked we were made to feel special ,the staff were polite and seemed to no are requirements ,the room was large and clean ,we went to the bar and were made to feel most welcome,we had a lovely nights sleep and breakfast was cooked nicely what else can I say really ,a good hotel good food good staff a good stay ,we would stay there again no question

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for your review it is much appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I recently stayed at the Westfield House Hotel as my son and I visited the National Space Centre. On arrival, I was surprised how big the hotel was as it looks just like a house from the front, but it extends right back and includes a lovely swimming pool and gym which was a bonus. Check-in was friendly and efficient, with the receptionist informing us of the opening times of the swimming pool and restaurant and asking us if we needed help with our luggage etc. Our room was on the first floor towards the rear of the hotel and was really spacious and clean. We didn't use the gym but did use the pool on both days - lovely. we ate in the bar on the first night and the food was delicious and the staff were great. After a good nights sleep, our breakfast was hot and plentiful and set us up for a great day out at the Space Centre. We had dinner in the restaurant in the evening and again, the food was delicious and we really didn't know what to choose off the menu as it all sounded lovely.
After reading some reviews of this hotel, I was a bit nervous, but needn't have been, the staff were helpful and welcoming, the room was as it should be and the food was top notch. Will definitely stay here again when i am back in Leicester.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for kind review I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.