Stayed here last weekend arriving on Saturday for a two night stay. First evening in the hotel was relaxing. Things went downhill afterwards. Went for breakfast, as there are few items on a full English breakfast that i'd eat I decided to opt for kippers. We were asked if we'd like tea or coffee and toast with our breakfast, we opted for tea and toast. Few minutes later the waiter came over and told us they had no kippers, so I told him I would have the cooked breakfast without the items I don't eat. Toast arrived (wholemeal), was not given an option. Pot of tea arrived, was like dirty dish water, should have had coffee. Breakfast arrived, was ok apart from the fried bread which was overcooked. Decided we would try the hotel's "Gourmet Sunday Lunch"..... Went to the restaurant about 12.30, the waiter came over and asked "can I help you?" I replied "yes we'd like Sunday lunch". His reply "have you booked, sorry we're fully booked! (There was only a couple of tables occupied at the time!) So we left and walked into the village where we a had a lovely Sunday lunch at the Bakers Arms. Later on at the hotel a lady who works at the hotel asked me if we were resident, I told her we were, she also asked what the waiter had said to us, when I told her she shook her head and said as we were residents we could have been fitted in. I told her he knew we were residents as he had been there at breakfast.
Later that evening things went from bad to worse. I had just been in the shower and was sitting on the bedroom chair with not much on, my husband was in the shower when all of a sudden our room door opened. A male voice said "oh is there someone in here?" I popped my head round and said yes! He said "sorry the receptionist just gave me the key for this room". My husband got out of the shower and tried to phone the reception but the phone wasn't working! So we got dressed and went up to the reception to complain. The woman on reception apologized saying she had pressed the wrong number on the key card and she clearly thought it was funny. We felt this was very unprofessional in fact the majority of the staff in my view should get some training in hospitality. The room was a good size and the beds comfy but could do with decorating and maintenance, when having a shower more water went on bathroom floor than down the plug hole, there were some signs of damp on the walls and mold round the windows. All in all will not be returning!!! Ever!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Blaby village, Westfield House offers rooms with free Wi-Fi, a gym, and an indoor pool. Junction 21 of the M1 is a 5-minute drive away. Westfield's leisure facilities include a sauna and a solarium. Westfield House is less than 7 miles from Leicester and there are good local public transport links to the city centre. Local attractions include the National Space Centre, Leicester's sporting arenas and Fosse Park shopping area. Hotel Rooms: 48 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Blaby Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westfield Hotel Leicester
- Blaby Hotel Leicester, Leicestershire