“comfortable enough”

Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“comfortable enough”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

It is a lot larger than it looks my room was quite big although the radiator didn't work this was rectified by the staff with a heater. The pool, jacuzzi and sauna were good and nearby there are lots of pubs and a few restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
BrookWestfieldHouse, General Manager at Blaby Westfield House Hotel, responded to this review, 15 December 2012
Thank you for your review and on behalf of myself and the team I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Having enjoyed a really good Sunday Lunch here earlier in the year we looked forward to a return visit. But today was so disappointing I cannot see us ever returning again. The menu was so basic with none of the traditional December offerings, not just no roast turkey, but no roasts at all - on a Sunday ???. We opted for the chicken breasts that were just OK. They were accompanied with a bowl of mixed vegetables that included rubbery brussels sprouts that were clearly out of the freezer, and other tasteless vegetables. Surely the Kitchen could, and should have done better.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChevyCaptiva
Thank you for your recent review . I am sorry you had a disappointing Sunday lunch after such a pleasant one previously. Unfortunately Roast Turkey should have been on the menu in the lead up to Christmas but a delivery let us down leaving Chef unable to provide this for our customers . Please accept my apologies for your disappointment especially as we were then unable to provide both Turkey and the usual traditional Sunday Roast. On this occasion we had to offer Chicken as an alternative .I have spoken with the Chef regarding the vegetables cooked on this day and all vegetables , except the sprouts are both fresh and steamed to order .I am only sorry that you did not bring your reservations to the attention of a member of the team at the time and we would have been delighted to have addressed them . I hope that we do see you again and from January Roast Beef will be back on the menu as usual. If you wish discuss this more please do not hesitate to contact me. Kind regards Claire Palmer
sudbury suffolk
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stayed over for a two day work coarse. Found the staff very friendly and polite. My room was of ample size and very clean throughout. Breakfast was served in bed. I would definitely be booking here again! and we were allowed to stay until midday on checkout.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jackieg1960
Romford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stayed over for a two day work coarse. Found the staff very friendly and polite. My room was of ample size and very clean throughout. Breakfast was basic but nice and for evening meal I opted for their double burger which was delicious!. I would definitely be booking here again!

Room Tip: It may be best to ask reception for a large double room as although me and my work colleague both ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
BrookWestfieldHouse, General Manager at Blaby Westfield House Hotel, responded to this review, 21 October 2012
Thank you for your review I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

6 of us went for the 3 course sunday lunch. started well good menu choice. Dirty water glass on the table & dried food on the cutlery. Long wait for food, which was quite a surprising considering when it did arrive it had so obviously been kept warm for a very long time ! Bread roll with the under seasoned soup was rock hard on the outside, Salmon very dried out, yorkrshire puds hard & very very dark. served with overly Fatty beef & 2 sparse roast potatoes. Veg was nicely cooked.

Dessert good choice & my sticky toffee pudding was lovely, but the Eton mess was a shop brought meringue nest topped with very sour mixed berries & a scoop of vanilla ice cream ! as for service the dessert was served whilst dinner plates were still on the table. Overall a big let down.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank judy s
Thank you for your review, I appologise for your dissapointing experience for sunday lunch. Unfortunatley there have been a couple of issues with the service which has now been corrected.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon and if you do decide to book again please contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

I got married at this hotel last september, and they took care of the day really well, and did a great package deal. We celebrated our 1st anniversary last week, and as part of our package we had dinner, bed and breakfast for to celebrate it. All the staff were very accommodating and the food was delicious. We're hoping to go back again for our 2nd anniversary!

Room Tip: Both rooms we had (honeymoon suite on our wedding night and family room on our first anniversary) we...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Katie B
Thank you for your review we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed here last weekend arriving on Saturday for a two night stay. First evening in the hotel was relaxing. Things went downhill afterwards. Went for breakfast, as there are few items on a full English breakfast that i'd eat I decided to opt for kippers. We were asked if we'd like tea or coffee and toast with our breakfast, we opted for tea and toast. Few minutes later the waiter came over and told us they had no kippers, so I told him I would have the cooked breakfast without the items I don't eat. Toast arrived (wholemeal), was not given an option. Pot of tea arrived, was like dirty dish water, should have had coffee. Breakfast arrived, was ok apart from the fried bread which was overcooked. Decided we would try the hotel's "Gourmet Sunday Lunch"..... Went to the restaurant about 12.30, the waiter came over and asked "can I help you?" I replied "yes we'd like Sunday lunch". His reply "have you booked, sorry we're fully booked! (There was only a couple of tables occupied at the time!) So we left and walked into the village where we a had a lovely Sunday lunch at the Bakers Arms. Later on at the hotel a lady who works at the hotel asked me if we were resident, I told her we were, she also asked what the waiter had said to us, when I told her she shook her head and said as we were residents we could have been fitted in. I told her he knew we were residents as he had been there at breakfast.
Later that evening things went from bad to worse. I had just been in the shower and was sitting on the bedroom chair with not much on, my husband was in the shower when all of a sudden our room door opened. A male voice said "oh is there someone in here?" I popped my head round and said yes! He said "sorry the receptionist just gave me the key for this room". My husband got out of the shower and tried to phone the reception but the phone wasn't working! So we got dressed and went up to the reception to complain. The woman on reception apologized saying she had pressed the wrong number on the key card and she clearly thought it was funny. We felt this was very unprofessional in fact the majority of the staff in my view should get some training in hospitality. The room was a good size and the beds comfy but could do with decorating and maintenance, when having a shower more water went on bathroom floor than down the plug hole, there were some signs of damp on the walls and mold round the windows. All in all will not be returning!!! Ever!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 31Ann64
BrookWestfieldHouse, Manager at Blaby Westfield House Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Thank you for your recent review I am disappointed to learn that following your recent stay you are reluctant to return to The Brook Westfield House .I can only apologise that over the weekend our breakfast and Sunday Lunch service was not the usual complete and efficient service that is generally provided by my kitchen and restaurant teams.

Unfortunately on the 9th September the Sunday lunch was fully booked with 63 guests and due to unforeseen circumstances the Hotel was left very suddenly in a difficult very predicament with no manager on site to guide the staff . As a result a number of mistakes were made and I am sorry for the misunderstanding amongst my staff as, of course, we usually welcome all our residents to our restaurant .The gentleman you spoke to is a trainee and I have since informed him of our normal restaurant procedure and again I can only apologise for his lack of training in this area.

With the electronic key cards there is always room for human error . However this is an extremely rare occurrence. To safe guard of guests further ,we have clear signs on the back of all the doors requesting our residents to turn the lock on their door for both their privacy and safety whilst in the room . The reception team are usually polite and professional and I can only apologise if on this occasion you felt that my receptionist handled the situation too lightly .

I have also passed your comments regarding the cleanliness of the room to my housekeeping team to address immediately.

On this occasion ,I do understand your reservations but should you decide to return I would be extremely delighted to welcome you back .