We booked a family room through booking.com as we needed to break our journey up. Unfortunately we read the reviews after doing this and were dreading our arrival. However, to be fair to the place it's really not that bad!
Our room was huge, very clean and reminded us of Alan Partridge's travel tavern. In fact had the staff been more comical and it been in Norwich I wouldn't have known the difference.
The children were meant to sleep on the pull out sofa bed, however this didn't look too appealing so they top and tailed in the single bed. No complaints. Beds were comfy enough and we had mattress toppers.
The pool was a nice temperature. The jacuzzi had an ever growing mountain of froth and I loved the sign which read 'please keep hands above water'. How anyone would find their hands under all that foam is beyond me!
Breakfast was served in the bar and was pretty standard. I wouldn't pay loads for it but we had it in the deal. The usual tinned fruit, cereal and yogurts were there to help yourself. My husband put some bread in toaster and about half an hour later he had some toast. His fry up looked ok, there were no complaints there. I wouldn't bother sneaking in a 12 inch plate though, the waitress looked quite scary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blaby Westfield House Hotel is the ideal location for visiting Leicester and the surrounding areas for both the business and leisure traveller the Blaby Westfield House Hotel is situated in the old town of Blaby, only a short distance from the M1, M69 with easy access to all areas of Leicester and only 5 miles away from the city centre and close to Fosse park shopping centre and main business parks. The Blaby Westfield House Hotel is a great place for any event from Intimate Family Gatherings, Parties Weddings and Special Occasions with Banqueting Facilities. With all four of our conference rooms located on the ground floor these rooms are ideal for Business Conference Events, Business Meetings and Training Courses. We offer competitive packages, full catering and conference facilities to meet all requirements from 2 -80 persons. The Blaby Westfield House Hotel possesses 48 well-appointed En-suite bedrooms with Flat screen TVs, Tea and Coffee Making facilities and free WiFi. The Blaby Fitness Gym can be used for free for our residents. (Please note the gym is operated separately from the hotel and opening times vary). Guests can unwind and relax in The Hunters Bar lounge with flat screen TV the bar offers a wide range of Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks or alternatively try a taste meal in our Hunters Restaurant. The hotels bar lounge is open every day of the week for the general public and restaurant is open from Monday to Thursday from 6pm to 9pm offering a full range of Hot food, Coffees, Teas and Light Bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your Blaby Westfield House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westfield Hotel Leicester
- Blaby Westfield House Hotel Leicester, Leicestershire