Have stayed here previously and found it OK, hence the reason for repeat booking. This time around, it definitely felt run down and in need of an upgrade. The single room I was in was tiny with an uncomfortable bed and thin pillow. Clean-ish until you looked a bit closer where there was a lot of dust in the nooks and crannys. The bathroom was OK but the liquid soap in the dispenser looked disgusting - all separated out into different vile coloured layers. The shower had one temperature - red hot and couldn't be adjusted at all. The room was nicely warm / hot when I first arrived and, in fairness, I thought "good" as I hate cold hotel rooms. However, when I checked the radiator to turn it down, I found I couldn't as the TRV valve was missing / broken. This meant a very uncomfortable night, in a 'red hot' room, with the window wide open. The bar was empty and totally lacking in any atmosphere - and, to get a drink, you had to ring a bell to get someone to come and serve. This took ages each time! Only had breakfast in the restaurant and this was only just OK. A poor 'continental' selection and, if you wanted anything cooked, you had to order when giving your room number at the door. Great - but don't order sausages - there weren't any! The worst bit - and I don't know how to politely put this - was the horrendous smell of body odour that hit you as soon as you opened the front door. I don't know if other members of staff are nervous about telling the check-in person that they have a persoanl hygiene problem but I'm doing so - get a can of deoderant please! So, overall, this was just about OK for a 'one night' stay but never again sadly and I can't recommend it to anyone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blaby Westfield House Hotel is the ideal location for visiting Leicester and the surrounding areas for both the business and leisure traveller the Blaby Westfield House Hotel is situated in the old town of Blaby, only a short distance from the M1, M69 with easy access to all areas of Leicester and only 5 miles away from the city centre and close to Fosse park shopping centre and main business parks. The Blaby Westfield House Hotel is a great place for any event from Intimate Family Gatherings, Parties Weddings and Special Occasions with Banqueting Facilities. With all four of our conference rooms located on the ground floor these rooms are ideal for Business Conference Events, Business Meetings and Training Courses. We offer competitive packages, full catering and conference facilities to meet all requirements from 2 -80 persons. The Blaby Westfield House Hotel possesses 48 well-appointed En-suite bedrooms with Flat screen TVs, Tea and Coffee Making facilities and free WiFi. The Blaby Fitness Gym can be used for free for our residents. (Please note the gym is operated separately from the hotel and opening times vary). Guests can unwind and relax in The Hunters Bar lounge with flat screen TV the bar offers a wide range of Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks or alternatively try a taste meal in our Hunters Restaurant. The hotels bar lounge is open every day of the week for the general public and restaurant is open from Monday to Thursday from 6pm to 9pm offering a full range of Hot food, Coffees, Teas and Light Bites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blaby Westfield House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westfield Hotel Leicester
- Blaby Westfield House Hotel Leicester, Leicestershire