“Enjoyable experience”

Ranked #11 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable experience”
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Stayed for 1 night as part of Stay Play Explore package. Had a double double deluxe room.
Check in and out very efficient and staff polite and friendly. Room standard was very good and spacious and comfortable. The 'extras' as part of the upgrade were wine water fruit and chocolate and were brand names and excellent. Went for a swim and the facilities in the fitness centre were good. (just a note here but I noticed some guests just left their provided towels on the floor rather than return them to the shute as requested. Surely you can treat the hotel requests with some respect. I bet you are the reviewers that will be first to nit pick over things you find not to your liking) . The breakfast choice was vast and the quality of the food was as good if not better than anything I have had in other top hotels. Anyway in these times of austerity when we are all looking for cost effective feel good factors then WELL DONE HILTON LEICESTER as far as I am concerned you delivered and I would book again this marvellous package.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank swfc2455

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I was booked on a weeklong course held at the Hilton. I read so many poor reviews that I decided to book a room for the first night only. Some people are just over negative so I wanted to decide for myself whether or not I should stay for the week. Glad I did, snail pace check in/out. Some really unhelpful staff. Dingy room which was not very clean. It was noticed by the whole group on our course that even the service for the corporate room our course was held in was so disorganised. That one night saw me book the rest of my stay at The Premier Inn down the road in Braunstone and the price I paid for 4 nights at Premier Inn amounted to the price I had paid for the one night at the Hilton......madness!!
The breakfast was nothing special at the Hilton but the lunchtime 3 course meal supplied as part of the course was simply amazing. Salad bar for starters, Hearty homecooked meals with a selection of veg served by the lovely chefs themselves and a grand selection of deserts!! Was the daily highlight of the course :-)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We were a party of 5 females on a get together chill weekend. The best thing about the hotel was the pool, steam room and sauna. Well that and the usual great Hilton breakfast. We were given a welcome basket each, with chocolates, wine and fruit. The rooms are large and surrounded by pretty well kept gardens. Don't eat in the hotel as it's really expensive, about £14 for a sandwich, I'm not joking! Also spent ages searching for the hairdrier which is inside the desk along with the mirror???? £5 to park.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
north wales
Reviewed 8 March 2011

tayed here on an organized tour, therefore the hotel was chosen for us. Every member of staff we encountered were so helpful and curteous, nothing was too much trouble.
We were expecting a twin room with single beds, therefore we were delighted to find that our twin room actually had two king size beds! There was also a seating area with sofa and a desk. The only slight niggle I had was with the bathroom which had unusually a separate sink area to the bath/shower/toilet. I just thought it was an odd arrangement.
As part of our tour, we had a three course evening meal included in our package which had about three of four different meal choices. We all thoroughly enjoyed. The only thing I would note that the hotel bar was rather pricey! Breakfast again the next day was fantastic with a huge selection, again no complaints!
Some of my friends made use of the pool, jacuzzi etc and they all enjoyed the facilities provided.
I can't comment on location, as only thing I know is that's it's just off the motorway, and there is a shopping outlet close by.
I have stayed in a couple of Hilton's before, and I would class this as amongst one of the best I have stayed in, therefore would have no hesitation in recommending.

• Stayed March 2011
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Spent the Weekend at the Hilton Leicester on a great deal booked through Travelzoo... £118 got us 2 nights with evening meal 1st night, breakfast both mornings, free Parking (that saved £10) a bottle of wine in room and chocolates!!!.
Checking was efficient and friendly and very good customer service goes to Hollie on reception as a travel agent I have very high standards and working in a customer service environment would like to give praise where praise is due.. Was shown to out standard room with a large double bed and very clean with a lovely 32" TV! Did not use the wifi as this was quite expensive £15 per night but didn't need it anyway. Hotel can be quite difficult to find but is very close to Fosse Park Shopping Village and just follow the signs from there.
Went in the Swimming Pool which was very clean but also quite busy on a Saturday afternoon, they have lockers for your stuff (take your quid for the locker you get it back!) showers and good changing rooms.
Had booked our table for the Friday night in the Restaurant but this wasn't really needed as it wasn't busy anyway the set meal 3 courses we had included should of been £25 pp but it was amazing the mixed grill for main was huge we couldn't eat it all and the deserts looked lovely and you could eat as many as you wanted (shame we were so stuffed could only manage 1!!)
Breakfast was great it was abit busier but we were down just before 9 both mornings and had no problem getting a table and service by the restaurant staff was excellent and friendly. We had cereal, cooked breakfast then there was also pastries and fruit if you wanted it.
The 1st night we had a wonderful night sleep, very comfy bed and so quiet the second night we did have some noisy neighbours with children running up and down the corridor till about 11pm but that wasn't really the hotels fault and it was only a small complaint cause if it had been too bad I would of been on the phone to reception.
Have visited many Hilton's in the pas UK and Abroad and this one was up there with the best of them.. Staff were all friendly and polite and the Hotel was lovely and clean all in all a great weekend away........
Will I go again - yes definitely especially if I get another deal like the one had!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
I am delighted that you had such a wonderful stay. Thank you for sharing your experience and comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Manchester, England
Reviewed 13 February 2011

We have now stayed in four different Hiltons across England and every single one of them has been extremely disappointing. The Hilton Leicester is definately the poorest example of all and have convinced us once and for all to never ever stay in a Hilton hotel again!
The room was a good size but why on earth a couple would need two doubles that you cant even push together is beyond me.
The radio/mp3 player was broken. The remote control for the TV was broken. There is no TV guide facility for you to see what is on. The bizarre layout of the room with a sink in the bedroom area then the toilet and showe/bath squished into a tiny closet space was beyond me!
I went to have one of the complimentary shortbread biscuits in the room only to find that a previous resident must have thought it funny to crush them into tiny pieces. Also to add insult to injury they have the audacity to leave a bottle of mineral water in the room but expect you pay £3.95 if you drink it! Whats more laughable is the amount of money they must be wasting on parking tickets as we discovered that the resident parking ticket that you pay for in the hotel is only good forwhen you are leaving the hotel grounds because everytime you return you have to take another ticket from the machine which the hotel staff informed us they simply throw away! What a waste of card and ink! The money saved from that could help to provide guests with some complimentary water!

With no option of a feather free room I spent the night sneezing like crazy on stained sheets with cheap poorly fitted linen that caused my face to become red and itchy.
There was no air conditioning control in the room. The only source of air flow coming from a loud hissing fan in the bathroom that you cant switch off.
The lights in the room are all on one single swicth so you cant adapt the lighting for different areas without physically switching off individual lamps.
The sound proofing was the biggest issue of all. We were kept awake by the constant road noise and when tiredness finally pushed my body so far that I fell asleep anyhow I was repeatedly woken up by police sirens flying down the dual carriageway outside. Then early in the morning due to the paper thin walls we were woken by kids running up and down the corridor outside and someone having a normal level telephone conversation in the room next door.

The breakfast was ok but once again the small details were missing. We were shown to our table which had been set out for us but the sugar bowl was nearly empty which meant my other half had to chase a waiter round the rom to ask him for more sugar.
We couldnt wait to leave and when we checked out we were asked if we had enjoyed our stay. After explaining the lack of sleep we recieved the same old excuse of "if you had telephoned us we would have moved you" to which our response is common sense really - when you are dog tired and its past midnight, the last thing you feel like doing is packing up all your belongings and trapsing off to another room to unpack again for the sake of night!
Also TAKE HEED ALL HOTELIERS: No problems with a hotel should be resolved reactively - get it right before your guests stay there!

Never ever again!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SerendipityUK
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this review, 28 February 2011
Thank you for your recent response, after your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback you have provided us, and will review accordingly the areas raised with our respective departmental managers. In the mean time, may I ask you to contact myself directly at the hotel on 0116 263 0066.

Kind Regards

Susan Semak
PA to the Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Stayed here with colleagues and I was in a double deluxe room (2 double beds) I can say that the room was great.
The bed had a mattress topper so was really comfortable, it was nice and quiet, not too cold. There was plenty of storage, a full bath not just a shower. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice and the service was what you would expect from the Hilton chain
I wouldnt hesitate in staying here again if I need to, and would recommend to anyone else

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business