“A Welcome Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Leicester

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Leicester
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Toronto, Canada
“A Welcome Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

I had booked on line only a couple of days before arrival to break up a long drive from the North en route to Windsor, England. We had a spacious double double room which was really clean. Thankfully, it was on the ground floor close to lobby so we did not have to truck suitcases in and out of elevators and down long corridors. Check in was swift and painless as was check out. I had left my USB cable and iPhone plug in the rorom and hotel was quick to reply to my request to have it mailed back to Canada. The manager very kindly threw in a second USB cable from his large supply as he had noticed mine ws a bit frayed.

All in all, we were very happy with this hotel

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments regarding our dinner menu and shower facilities have been noted and shared with our management team, to identify how we may improve them for the future.
We do hope you will be returning to the area and enjoying more of the local area in the near future and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Leicester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

As part of a friends hen party we attended a take that tribute night (which was shocking) a few if us decided to make the most of it and stay the night. The hotel is very modern and clean. Very helpful staff especially in the spa area. The rooms was very spacious a twin room had 2 double beds. Shower could of had more power behind it but I'm yet to find a hotel with a decent shower. Drinks are very expensive. The 3 course meal we had as part of the tribute night was fantastic. And breakfast was great unbelievable the amount of choice we got. We took our own alcohol. Overall a great nights stay.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is a great pleasure to read that you and your friend enjoyed your hen evening. Your kind comments will be shared with our team.
We do hope that we can welcome you back to Hilton Leicester in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

I normally try an always stay at Hiltons when travelling with work in the UK. As a loyal HH member I was really dissapointed with the Hilton Leicester.

Upon checking in (which was about 7pm) I was allocated a room that hadnt been cleaned and therefore requested a change, when I went to the second room the taps in the bathroom didnt work which then required a change to a third room. The manager checking me in didnt seem to have an issue that I was now checking into my third room. The general service was really dissapointing in comparison to the Hitons I have stayed at in Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh and London.

When I went for breakfast both mornings this was also dissapointing and everything had appeared to be displayed for longer than it should have, resulting in it being cold. Strangly the eggs are deep fried in oil, which was really unappealing as this was also done out front and didnt seem to be very popular.

Overall a dissapointing stay, I took the time to provide feedback but as yet didnt hear anything back from the hotel, which surprised me being a HH member.

Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Keith_Brownlie

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

We took our two year old son here for the 'Stay, Play and Explore' package and couldn't have been happier with the hotel. The staff were friendly with impeccable manners. Our room was well furnished, clean and of a decent size. The breakfast was delicious- a huge selection of food to choose from that was high quality. The pool was lovely with a relaxing jacuzzi. It was very warm around the pool area and had a spa feel to it. The changing room facilities were brilliant- well equipped and clean. A bonus for us was the family changing room that had a lockable door and everything a young family like ours needed to get ready- a shower, sink, toilet, shower, changing unit and lockers. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay- it felt luxurious without being pretentious. I have rated the location as a 4 as we had to drive a few miles to find a reasonably priced place to eat with our young son.

• Stayed May 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is a great pleasure to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay .
Your kind comments will be shared with our team.
We do hope you will be returning to Leicester soon and and have time to enjoy more of the local area, and to stay with us again at Hilton Leicester.
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2011

We booked the Hilton Leicester at the last minute on the STAY PLAY EXPLORE deal. What a great offer. We extended it to 2 nights. Check in quick and easy. Used Express check out. 'Double Double' room was spacious and well serviced. I was a bit worried that it overlooked car park but it was exceptionally quiet! Pool was fab. All staff friendly, esp Betty at breakfast. The breakfast was superb as ever (have stayed at other Hiltons) and a nice touch was the separate area for Hilton Honours members. Great location as near motorway & dual carriageways BUT contrary to other reviews, there was no noise. Only things I didn't like:
1. not sure how they deal with people (illegally) smoking in rooms as there was at least one smoker in a nearby room on our 1st night and the smell drifted into the corridor and our room (my family were asleep hence I didn't ask to move).
2. the restaurant on the evening was too pricey for the food served and the service exceptionally slow. We will most likely stay here again but I would probably eat in the bar instead.
3. parking charges. Only £5 per 24 hours (given a 48hr pass so not trouble with tickest) but a bit silly to charge residents when it's out of town.
Oh and there's a big mall nearby with M&S and ASDA, amngst others, so great for getting supplies for your days out. I have already recommended the hotel/break to friends.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank mc2010uk
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2011

Stayed for 1 night as part of Stay Play Explore package. Had a double double deluxe room.
Check in and out very efficient and staff polite and friendly. Room standard was very good and spacious and comfortable. The 'extras' as part of the upgrade were wine water fruit and chocolate and were brand names and excellent. Went for a swim and the facilities in the fitness centre were good. (just a note here but I noticed some guests just left their provided towels on the floor rather than return them to the shute as requested. Surely you can treat the hotel requests with some respect. I bet you are the reviewers that will be first to nit pick over things you find not to your liking) . The breakfast choice was vast and the quality of the food was as good if not better than anything I have had in other top hotels. Anyway in these times of austerity when we are all looking for cost effective feel good factors then WELL DONE HILTON LEICESTER as far as I am concerned you delivered and I would book again this marvellous package.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank swfc2455
Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

I was booked on a weeklong course held at the Hilton. I read so many poor reviews that I decided to book a room for the first night only. Some people are just over negative so I wanted to decide for myself whether or not I should stay for the week. Glad I did, snail pace check in/out. Some really unhelpful staff. Dingy room which was not very clean. It was noticed by the whole group on our course that even the service for the corporate room our course was held in was so disorganised. That one night saw me book the rest of my stay at The Premier Inn down the road in Braunstone and the price I paid for 4 nights at Premier Inn amounted to the price I had paid for the one night at the Hilton......madness!!
The breakfast was nothing special at the Hilton but the lunchtime 3 course meal supplied as part of the course was simply amazing. Salad bar for starters, Hearty homecooked meals with a selection of veg served by the lovely chefs themselves and a grand selection of deserts!! Was the daily highlight of the course :-)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business