“Lovely hotel, would recommend highly.”
Review of Hilton Leicester

Hilton Leicester
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We booked this hotel through the "Play and Stay" website as part of a package along with Drayton manor tickets.
It is by far the nicest hotel we havw stayed in as a family. The room was spacious and clean, the leisure facilities were excellent and the breakfast was perfect. We will definately be back and will be recommending to our friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

Thank you for your taking the time to give us your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and made use of the Stay & Play Package. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, where you may discover and enjoy other local attractions around us, here in Leicester.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,600)

Reviewed 20 June 2011

I stayed here on Saturday 18th June as part of my Hen Night. A restaurant in town called Bistro Live does an excellent package where you stay over at The Hilton. We were able to check into our rooms 2 hours ahead of time and they were immaculate, really clean and comfortable. The staff were all lovely, very professional and courteous. The breakfast the next morning was outstanding...just the thing to soak up a night's drinking! Would definitely stay over again. We had good intentions of using the pool and spa facilities, but partying got in the way so can't comment on these!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. It is great to hear that you and your friends had a good time. Good luck with your wedding preparations.

Reviewed 30 May 2011

I stayed here with my wife and 2 Children (9 &11) for 1 night on the way back from Alton towers in a double double room, which was clean and tidy.
I had book DBB, and thought it would be a buffet style, but no it was menu and choose option.
We stayed on a Friday night and we were one of 10 people in the restaurant and whilst the staff were really nice the food was poor, really hard bread rolls, overly salted food and the selection of help yourself desserts and clearly been out for too long and all were firm.
I felt the food lacked attention and either the portions were huge (vegetable curry) or over cooked and watery.
Breakfast was another matter due to the large amount of customers it was hot and nice and even catered for veges with suitable sausages.
The room itself was nice; however the sign on the bed saying "Sealy mattress" and then Stakis Hotel how long had that been there, I am sure Stakis was bought out over 10 years ago! However the mattress and pillows were comfy.
However my main issue is the bathroom, which still had a dribbling shower, when’s the refit due to put in a decent shower?
We also used the pool and the gym was well equipped with a good sized pool.
Overall really nice staff, comfortable beds & sheets, good breakfast selection, but poor shower and dinner.

Room Tip: Room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback after your recent stay with us. I was sorry to hear that your evening meal did not live up to your expectations, your comments have been shared with the F&B team for us to review and act upon. Likewise your comment regarding our shower facilities within the room have been paased on to the Head Housekeeper. Other than these two highlighted areas, I was glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and hope we will be welcoming you back to Leicester soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2011

I had booked on line only a couple of days before arrival to break up a long drive from the North en route to Windsor, England. We had a spacious double double room which was really clean. Thankfully, it was on the ground floor close to lobby so we did not have to truck suitcases in and out of elevators and down long corridors. Check in was swift and painless as was check out. I had left my USB cable and iPhone plug in the rorom and hotel was quick to reply to my request to have it mailed back to Canada. The manager very kindly threw in a second USB cable from his large supply as he had noticed mine ws a bit frayed.

All in all, we were very happy with this hotel

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments regarding our dinner menu and shower facilities have been noted and shared with our management team, to identify how we may improve them for the future.
We do hope you will be returning to the area and enjoying more of the local area in the near future and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Leicester

Reviewed 23 May 2011

As part of a friends hen party we attended a take that tribute night (which was shocking) a few if us decided to make the most of it and stay the night. The hotel is very modern and clean. Very helpful staff especially in the spa area. The rooms was very spacious a twin room had 2 double beds. Shower could of had more power behind it but I'm yet to find a hotel with a decent shower. Drinks are very expensive. The 3 course meal we had as part of the tribute night was fantastic. And breakfast was great unbelievable the amount of choice we got. We took our own alcohol. Overall a great nights stay.

• Stayed: May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is a great pleasure to read that you and your friend enjoyed your hen evening. Your kind comments will be shared with our team.
We do hope that we can welcome you back to Hilton Leicester in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2011

I normally try an always stay at Hiltons when travelling with work in the UK. As a loyal HH member I was really dissapointed with the Hilton Leicester.

Upon checking in (which was about 7pm) I was allocated a room that hadnt been cleaned and therefore requested a change, when I went to the second room the taps in the bathroom didnt work which then required a change to a third room. The manager checking me in didnt seem to have an issue that I was now checking into my third room. The general service was really dissapointing in comparison to the Hitons I have stayed at in Birmingham, Glasgow, Edinburgh and London.

When I went for breakfast both mornings this was also dissapointing and everything had appeared to be displayed for longer than it should have, resulting in it being cold. Strangly the eggs are deep fried in oil, which was really unappealing as this was also done out front and didnt seem to be very popular.

Overall a dissapointing stay, I took the time to provide feedback but as yet didnt hear anything back from the hotel, which surprised me being a HH member.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Keith_Brownlie
Reviewed 8 May 2011

We took our two year old son here for the 'Stay, Play and Explore' package and couldn't have been happier with the hotel. The staff were friendly with impeccable manners. Our room was well furnished, clean and of a decent size. The breakfast was delicious- a huge selection of food to choose from that was high quality. The pool was lovely with a relaxing jacuzzi. It was very warm around the pool area and had a spa feel to it. The changing room facilities were brilliant- well equipped and clean. A bonus for us was the family changing room that had a lockable door and everything a young family like ours needed to get ready- a shower, sink, toilet, shower, changing unit and lockers. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay- it felt luxurious without being pretentious. I have rated the location as a 4 as we had to drive a few miles to find a reasonably priced place to eat with our young son.

• Stayed: May 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is a great pleasure to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay .
Your kind comments will be shared with our team.
We do hope you will be returning to Leicester soon and and have time to enjoy more of the local area, and to stay with us again at Hilton Leicester.