I wasn't expecting much from the ex-Stakis motorway-adjacent lodge-style hotel, but was more than pleasantly surprised by the helpful and enthusiastic young team who work here. Every single request - extra room amenities, driving and parking information, late check-out was met with a smile and a positive response: even a middle-of-the-night internet issue solved by the prompt arrival of a night porter with a replacement access code.
It helps to have "status" (I am recently Hilton Gold member) but I saw many other customers also treated with kindness and helpfulness by the eager staff. Apart from one surly lad in the LivingWell Health Club (not a Hilton employee) it was perfect.
Breakfast was excellent, appreciated the extended choices of black pudding and haggis alongside the bacon and sausages, good breads, possibly the only almost-efficient hotel toaster in England, and apart from the fact there's not much actual fresh fruit (mostly canned or pre packed) a really good spread. Try to get it included in the price of your room.
Casual charges like £14.99 for internet are outrageous - I'm also deducting a 'star' till Hilton come to their senses on that - and again I can't understand why you pay a separate £5 for parking when no-one else would be using the car park for any purpose other than visiting the hotel but no doubt the anonymous staff member who monitors this site will tell me. On the approach ramp to the Hilton, there's also a huge empty car park attached to some office buildings which are empty and up for rent ... and a few yards of the roadway have no yellow lines.
There may be the odd crack in the plaster and the bathrooms are old-fashioned, there's no air-con and the rooms don't have fridges but I found the hotel excellent value, convenient and safe. Having been in to the centre of Leicester on Saturday night and emerged from the theatre into its mean streets, I was very pleased to be able to hightail it back to the calm and comfort of the HIlton.
Navigating the road systems around the hotel and in the town centre are both nightmares. Arm yourself with sat-nav or a very detailed map.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton Leicester hotel, 3 miles from the city center, just off junction 21 of the M1. Unwind in the gym, pool, restaurant and bar. Do business in one of 10 meeting rooms for 2-150. The hotel is 25 minutes' drive from Nottingham East Midlands Airport. Indulge in traditional cuisine at Flavours restaurant, a light lunch and cool drink in the Hilton Leicester hotel's Court Bar and coffee and sandwiches in our coffee lounge. Unwind in the LivingWell Health Club, swim in the indoor pool, work out in the gym and relax in the sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Leicester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Hilton International Leicester
- Leicester Hilton International
- Hilton Leicester Leicestershire