We've stayed in many Hiltons worldwide and this is the worst ever (2nd "prize" goes to Milton Keynes").
If you're staying on a "mega-deal" then fine, enjoy. Otherwise beware. The public rooms have been renovated but (as of May 2012) NOT the guest rooms or the corridors and they are VERY tatty...reminded us of the old Crowne Plazas. The washbasins are even located outside of the tiny bathrooms! Safes are only available in a few rooms! The rooms are badly maintained and you may find...constantly running water in the overhead tank....broken outside vent...etc. You may also be disturbed by the noise from the car park...or the busy roundabout....or the leisure centre...or the inner courtyard (though they do lock the door at 11pm). You may also find inside your room the stench of chlorine coming from the pool is overwhelming.
Also if you wish to have laundry done be aware that this service is NOT available at the weekend, although there is no mention of this.
Furthermore THERE IS NO EXECUTIVE LOUNGE and the restaurant area reserved for Hilton "Hhonors" customers is not always available at breakfast.
I chose this hotel in preference to the Marriott as wi-fi is available in the rooms. However I had daily problems and became well acquainted with the operative at Openzone.
Parking is charged at GBP 5 per night (as with the Leicester Marriott though they reduce it to GBP 2.50 on Fri, Sat & Sun).
On a more positive note...the rooms are a reasonable size, it is close to the motorway, the breakfast is okay and "Susan" who helps out at reception is an absolute gem!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton Leicester hotel, 3 miles from the city center, just off junction 21 of the M1. Unwind in the gym, pool, restaurant and bar. Do business in one of 10 meeting rooms for 2-150. The hotel is 25 minutes' drive from Nottingham East Midlands Airport. Indulge in traditional cuisine at Flavours restaurant, a light lunch and cool drink in the Hilton Leicester hotel's Court Bar and coffee and sandwiches in our coffee lounge. Unwind in the LivingWell Health Club, swim in the indoor pool, work out in the gym and relax in the sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hilton EMEA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Leicester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Hilton International Leicester
- Leicester Hilton International
- Hilton Leicester Leicestershire