“Enjoyable stay”
Review of Hilton Leicester

Hilton Leicester
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Stayed here for a short break with my two children and mam. We booked early and got a good deal. Also on check inn we were ugraded to a deluxe room for an extra £10 a night. The room was huge with two kingsize beds. We had complimentary water, chocolate,crisps and wine each night. We used the pool facilities which were perfectly adequate. We had breakfast which we paid an extra £10 for ,the children ate free.We did not eat on the evening as we walked over to the nearby retail park and there were plenty options to get food. The only negatives was the noise from the busy road could be heard from our room and the prices for drinks were extortionate.It was pleasant sitting outside in the courtyard once I had got over the shock of how much I had just paid for two drinks. Overall it was a great stay which did not cost that much more than staying at a premier inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard not the road
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on trip advisor. I was glad to hear that you and your family had a great stay with us and were able to us the hotels leisure facilities. The courtyard is certainly a great place to sit and unwind especially we now have had some warmer weather!!! We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed in the Hilton during August 2012 for 1 night. We had 2 double double rooms as its was a family trip. Hotel is off the motorway (J21 M1) so access is good. Its about 15 min drive to center. Car parking costs are massive so make sure you book with hotel as its cheaper. Grounds are open and lots of parking. Retail park nearby for shopping. Staff we nice and pleasent. Lobby was open and spacious. We did not eat, we did however order a few drinks to the room which were very pricey. Room was large double double. Room was nice and beds comfy. Everting worked. Bath was little dated. We used the pool which was part of the package. Staff we helpful and pool access was simply. Bad points. Staff not willing to extend for late checkout. Housekeeping kept hovering outside rooms, leaving their maintainance trolley outside the door thus making sure the message was clear. We felt like we were being rushed to leave the room asap. Housekeeping manager kept walking around with her clipboard like a vulture. This was confirmed when we were advised they needed the rooms for a wedding booking later in the day. I paid to stay til 12pm please let me do so in piece. Other than that a nice place to crash. Does not offer anything else as its too far out. For the price I paid its was good. Would only stay again for same reduced rate.

Room Tip: Double Double rooms are larger and offer more value and space.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. May I apologise for the actions of our housekeeping team, it certainly is not our intention to make our guests feel rushed. I have shared your feedback with our Head Housekeeper to discuss with her team, to ensure a similar situation does not arise. We hope this will not deter you from staying with us in the future. Thank you again for your feedback it is appreciated.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Stay here regularly on business. Very conveniently located off the M1 and ample parking, which is charged, luckily this is usually incorporated into my room rate but one to watch out for - can't see why they charge as there are no big amenities nearby.

Wifi in public areas is free and the gym is of a good quality, just a little on the small side.

Rooms are usually modern and clean and also very quiet so no complaints.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HamishF
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor. It is great that you enjoy staying at our hotel and enjoy the facilities especially our fitness area. we look forward to weloming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I stayed in this hotel on business and found every aspect of it to be very good.

Excellect customer service, very good food- I'd recommend the mixed grill.

Facilities very good, nice pool and good gym with 24 hour access.

The restaurant supervisor, tall slim man who's name I can't remember was very helpful and friendly.

There is a shopping park only 5 mins walk from this hotel but you need to cross a very busy roundabout. In terms of car access it's excellent, great transport links being very close to the motorway and a secure barrier protected car park- I did not have to pay for parking as my work pays but I did think the charge to park there for a staying guest was too expensive-this would be the only bad thing I could say about the hotel.

Vey nice bedrooms, big comfortable beds, a coded safe to secure my valuables. All in all a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: If you like to use the pool or gym I'd advise asking for a room on that side of the hotel otherw...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you for commenting on trip advisor, after your recent stay. Your feedback is invaluable to us and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Unfortunately, the Hilton in Leicester, has decided to strip the bed throws and cushions from their rooms so that as you enter the room it looks decidedly bare and less inviting.

Fortunately, the same can't be said when it comes to the staff and the dining room. Still the best breakfast in the Midlands and last night's dinner surpassed expectations. Greek Salad and Duck Breast with Rossti Potatoes and a Crème Brulee and Ice Cream for my wife and Piri Piri Chicken followed by a large Rib Eye, Pepper Sauce, Chips, Onions and Cougettes and completed with a cheese platter - who could ask for more!

Always a pleasure to stay with you but please, please put some cushions on the leather couches.

Recently, there has been an entry saying that although public rooms have been renovated guest rooms have not. Obviously, I am not sure which room the visitor had but certainly there has been an ongoing renovation programme within the last year or two so they must have been unfortunate. It is always the case that some guests are less careful than others and may cause damage but in my experience the hotel management respond as soon as any small deficiency is reported.

Room Tip: If you have as much luggage as me ask for a ground floor room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, after your recent stay. i was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stayand that your evening meal exceeded your expectations. we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

I have had meetings at this hotel before but until I now haven't had a need to stay. I was very pleasantly surprised. There was nothing to fault - from check in which was quick and courteous, a good night sleep and a hearty breakfast. There are many lessons which other hotels could learn from this one - well done!

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay. i was pleased to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations. we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We paid an extra ten pounds for a room upgrade which was worth it. It resulted in some drinks and food in your room, extra towels and a bigger room.
The room was huge. Exceptionally clean. Slight down point was that the beds were a little firm.
Breakfast was plentiful and very tasty.
Service was excellent.
In total, we paid 78 pounds for a family room with extras including breakfast- also parking which is five pounds a night included. Excellent value.

Room Tip: If an upgrade is available, take it. For ten pounds it is well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LouiseAM

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback onto Trip Advisor after your recent stay.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and felt that it was value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.