Hilton Leicester
US$109
US$93
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$87
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
1,649 results
All reviewsswimming poolretail parkhealth clubsofa bedgood sizeleisure facilitiesfamily roombreakfast was excellentbusiness triplarge roomnational space centrefosse parkexcellent value for moneymotorwaygymjunction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2013

The reason I am giving the hotel an over all of 3 is because we got moved rooms 3 times firstly was my fault as I booked the wrong room, however the receptionist was very nice and helped out all 3 times. After this they moved me to another room which we got changed to, and we asked to be moved again as it smelt really strongly of cigarettes. Then they finally moved us to a nicer, and bigger room. I must stress however none of this was the staff's fault.

The rooms are not basic, it has a digital TV, kettle and tea (etc) and other things you would expect to find. However they just felt old and a bit dated really. They were clean but they missed a couple of cob webs on the ceiling.

After this we went to the restraunt where the food was really nice. The service was very fast and the food was above expectations.

The staff were really freindly and eager to help, and the service we revived was excellent. Never went to the swimming pool so i can't tell you what that's like.

Over all I wouldn't of reccomended it unless the price went down as we payed £85 per night.

• Stayed: May 2012
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor, after your stay last year. I was sorry to hear of the inconvenience of changing rooms three times, but pleased my reception team were able to resolve quickly and to your satisfaction. I was pleased to hear this did not deter you from the rest of your stay and that you enjoyed the final room and your meal in our restaurant.
We do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We have just returned from our fourth visit to this hotel and are already looking to book again! We have always found the staff very friendly and willing to help out in any way they can. The room is always spotless and very comfortable. The swimming pool and changing room is always very clean and welcoming. We always book a room with 2 double beds which gives plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 children. The breakfast buffet is lovely and has a wide choice.
We always eat at the local Toby and a visit to the new 360 indoor play area located nearby is great.
We were at the hotel on Easter Sunday and were very pleased to take part in the Easter Egg hunt. It was fantastic and our daughter thoroughly enjoyed taking part. The receptionist who organised the games was brilliant.
The only down side is having to pay for parking (£5 a night) when you are staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to hear that you and your family enjoy their stays with us and that your last visit was no different. It is great to hear of your feedback regarding the extra activites we had laid on as part of our Easter festivities, your comments will be shared with all who were involved. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

A very average hotel, well below my expectations of a Hilton.

There were 2 doors in my room that led to the adjoining rooms on either side. They were locked of course but nonetheless it was disconcerting and very noisy.

The iron was dirty and stained my shirt. Shower was in the bath, without any anti-slip mat or surface which meant it was very dangerous.

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesn't have doors leading to the next room!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay. I was sorry to hear that the stay did not meet your expectations and have shared your comments with the relevant Heads of Department so that we can take the necessary action to prevent reoccurenace.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We were staying in Leicester and it was hard to book 1 room for 3 adults and 1 child. In every other hotel we had to book 2 rooms for 3 adults but not in the Hilton. We booked a Double Doule Deuxe Room, it was a little more expensive but it is well worth it. The room itself is fairly big, with a big bathroom and the extras of bottles of water, wine and crisps all included in the price. When challenging the hotel staff I asked to change from red wine in the basket to white wine.....on ringing the reception they promptly changed the red for white wine.....very impressed. Anything I queried they had an adequate answer! After staying in alternate hotels in the area before I will not ever go back to these I think the Hilton is my choice of stay:)

Room Tip: Very good hotel will go back
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay. It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you and your family were very well catered for. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed here a few years ago and was not impressed and went back to using the Holiday Inn, in the city centre. My advice, stay at the Holiday Inn.

I was disappointed by the attitude of the staff, and the quality of the room. The hotel is a sprawl and you have a long walk to your room. I was on the first floor with a heavy case and was directed via the stairs, I later found a lift close to my room.

The staff did not engage and were not particularly friendly. I ate in the bar, the food was OK but the bar lacked ambience and had on TV showing a football match at a deafening volume with only about six people actually interested. Although the staff seemed more interested in that than they did in serving.

The room had an electric heater which had been left off, it was literally freezing outside and the heater had been left off.

Not a hotel worthy of the Hilton brand!

I have also stayed at the Marriott which is within the same locality as the Hilton, if you need to stay in that area of Leicester for easy access to the motorways, pay a little bit more and stay in the Marriott, it is a much better hotel.

Room Tip: Close to reception!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was sorry to read that you stay did not meet your expectations. I have shared you feedback with our relevant Managers, so that they may investigate further and ensure no future repetitions. Thank you again for your comments.