Check in was smooth and pleasant. I was upgraded by £5 for garden view room as I have requested "quiet room". I came on my own for a business trip, so that was only request from me- to have a proper rest.
Hotel is slightly dated and need make up, especially bathroom. No lift, I am lucky as I had only small case with me to the first floor.
Room seems clean otherwise, but in closer look in room menu and introductory book were filthy, sticky and not pleasant on the touch. Inside desk was dusty and next morning hair dryer was overheating and stopped working after every minute!
Bed and bathroom were clean. Bed was quiet comfy and I would have a nice rest, but... Apparently it was some party down the stairs and at 2:30 I was wake up by the laugh and loud discussion of other guests.
They were probably doors opposite and lasted for at least 30 minutes. I needed to call to reception and thank to the staff it was quiet, but I was not able to sleep after and was really tired on the morning.
It is not hotels fault, though I was still charged those £5 for "quiet room" what in fact itself is wrong. I do not mind paying and it is definitely not about £5, but failure to provide what promised probably should not be charged. Though I did not bother to mentioned that in reception as lady already looked tired and quite irritated anyway.
On the best note - Staff in restaurant are trying really hard to make all happy, I am really grateful for the service I have received.
In general not bad and I will stay again as HH member, but small things needs to be improved as it leaves quite sour flavour of the stay...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton Leicester hotel, 3 miles from the city center, just off junction 21 of the M1. Unwind in the gym, pool, restaurant and bar. Do business in one of 10 meeting rooms for 2-150. The hotel is 25 minutes' drive from Nottingham East Midlands Airport. Indulge in traditional cuisine at Flavours restaurant, a light lunch and cool drink in the Hilton Leicester hotel's Court Bar and coffee and sandwiches in our coffee lounge. Unwind in the LivingWell Health Club, swim in the indoor pool, work out in the gym and relax in the sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Leicester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Hilton International Leicester
- Leicester Hilton International
- Hilton Leicester Leicestershire