“Reasonable...”
Review of Hilton Leicester

Hilton Leicester
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Check in was smooth and pleasant. I was upgraded by £5 for garden view room as I have requested "quiet room". I came on my own for a business trip, so that was only request from me- to have a proper rest.
Hotel is slightly dated and need make up, especially bathroom. No lift, I am lucky as I had only small case with me to the first floor.
Room seems clean otherwise, but in closer look in room menu and introductory book were filthy, sticky and not pleasant on the touch. Inside desk was dusty and next morning hair dryer was overheating and stopped working after every minute!
Bed and bathroom were clean. Bed was quiet comfy and I would have a nice rest, but... Apparently it was some party down the stairs and at 2:30 I was wake up by the laugh and loud discussion of other guests.
They were probably doors opposite and lasted for at least 30 minutes. I needed to call to reception and thank to the staff it was quiet, but I was not able to sleep after and was really tired on the morning.
It is not hotels fault, though I was still charged those £5 for "quiet room" what in fact itself is wrong. I do not mind paying and it is definitely not about £5, but failure to provide what promised probably should not be charged. Though I did not bother to mentioned that in reception as lady already looked tired and quite irritated anyway.
On the best note - Staff in restaurant are trying really hard to make all happy, I am really grateful for the service I have received.

In general not bad and I will stay again as HH member, but small things needs to be improved as it leaves quite sour flavour of the stay...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was sorry to hear that you were disturbed by other guests staying in the hotel. Our 'garden view' rooms are sold as 'garden view' rooms, and whilst they tend to be our quieter rooms, as they are away from the external traffic noise, they are not sold as 'quiet' rooms, as we cannot guarantee on the noise levels of other guests. On a more positive side I am delighted to hear that you were well looked after by our restaurant team. I hope we will ave th eopportunity o welome you back to th hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed here for one night as I was attending an event in Leicester. The hotel is some way out of the centre, but the location just a minute from the m1 junction was very convenient. The hotel is large and it was quite a trek to my room, so if you have any issues with mobility be sure to request a room close to reception.
The room was spacious with a large sofa and coffee table, a large desk and several mirrors. The bed was a super king size and made for a very comfortable nights sleep. I'm pretty fussy about pillows but had no cause for complaint!
The bathroom was basic but clean. The only minor niggle was that the water temperature in the shower kept fluctuating. On the plus side the mini toiletries provided were decent, and there were lots of fluffy white towels.

The breakfast buffet was very good with lots of choices. Fresh orange juice, tea and coffee were served at the table. The cooked options included all the usuals along with a few more unusual choices such as haggis and potato cakes. Everything was hot and well cooked, and fresh food seemed to constantly be brought out. There were also plenty of cold options including pastries, meats and cheeses, plus fresh fruit. I enjoyed some of the fruit salad with a tasty mango coulis as well as some of the fried options - all of it very tasty.

I unfortunately didn't get the chance to use the leisure facilities but a health club and pool are available. Overall I would recommend this hotel for business or leisure - it's not in the most scenic of locations so perhaps not the ideal venue for a romantic getaway, but for a decent nights sleep and good road connections it more than does the job.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor after your recent stay. I was delighted to hear that you had had a pleasant stay, and had enjoyed the facilities that the hotel has to offer. May be next time you will have the opportunity to relax in our leisure club!!!

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I was looked after well, my request for a sheet and blanket and foam pillows was acted on in advance, and the room was well appointed. The breakfast was good, nice to see poached eggs on a buffet, but the dinners were poor, especially the Indian buffet the second night, which offered quite the worst and most tasteless curry ever, at least they removed the charge from my bill. The first morning there was a lack of any really hot water in my bathroom, otherwise it was fine.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I was however sorry to hear of your disappointing meal and lack of hot water on your departing day. Both of these comments have been shared with our team to investigate further and so that action can be taken to prevent further occurences. I hope this will not prevent you from staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at the Hilton Leicester for four nights/five days earlier this month, and it was absolutely amazing! We booked via the Alton Towers website as part of the one-day pass inclusive with Alton Towers, and got the four nights/five days for a bargain 260 pound!

Once you've negotiated the spaghetti roads leading up to the Hilton and indeed, throughout the whole of Leicester, it truly is a spectacular hotel. Ive never stayed at a Hilton before so maybe I was just a little awe-inspired, but it is truly lovely. There is a secure car park which hotel guests obtain a keycard for, to come in and out of the barrier at will (no curfew), although a major flaw to this is that it's a hefty five pound per night for your car's parking space. Even with the Alton Towers deal, we thought this was steep! Once you enter the Hilton from the front entrance, it is absolutely beautiful. There is a large seating area, decorated in red and gold design, with the receiption to the direct left, and a computer area to the left behind you as you enter (they also charge you for the computer use, but not for the Wi-Fi connection for the nifty ones who remember their own technology). It was very busy when we arrived at 9pm, but nothing was too much trouble for the receptionist, who even offered a concierge to take my bags to our room for us, as she could see I was overladen, and my partner useless!

Now, due to us being on the Alton Towers deal, I didn't expect the greatest of rooms, but room 184 was to my surprise, lovely. It had a gorgeous double bed, which I had, as promised on the headboard sign, the best night's sleep of my life, and the bathroom facilities were wonderful. Also, just down the corridor was the Living Well gym and spa, which has a hot tub, heated swimming pool, and small but seemingly fully equipped gym - again, free for us hotel guests to use, and with complimentary fluffy white towels. The only downside to this was the view from our room, which was of seventeen (yes, I counted them) bins - of all kinds, general waste, food waste, and laundry bins. Every night at 11pm they are emptied by the room attendants, Id know, I had full view of this while lay on my bed.

During our stay, we ate the complimentary all-you-can-eat breakfast, aswell as ordered room service for the second evening. The breakfast is good, and there is a wide variety of continental and freshly cooked full English breakfasts. Also, you see the chefs coming out and topping up the food, in their clean white uniform, which is always reassuring. The room service is incredibly expensive - with a five pound 'tray' charge! We paid over fifty pound for two meals - a fillet steak and a tandoori curry, with no drinks - which I thought very steep, and then to pay for a tray aswell.

Overall however we had a wonderful stay, and I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the East Midlands area, or who partakes in the Alton Towers deal! It is situated just off the motorway, so it makes for excellent travel connections - and aswell as of course the theme park, there is many local and county-wide attractions for the guest. We visited Leicester city centre and the Guildhall, including the exhibition of Richard the Third, aswell as outerlying towns such as Market Harborough and Melton Mowbray. The Space Station aswell in Leicester is definitely worth a day trip!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AgelikiADDICTION
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had time to make full use of the hotels facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel for 2 nights with my partner. The rooms are lovely and we had clean towels and fresh bedding on the second day! The hotel itself has excellent facilities with the use of the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room & gym all included in the price. The location of the hotel is good with a shopping park just over a mile away and also close by is an industrial estate which includes bowling, cinema and about a dozen restaurants. My only thing to mention bad would be that the room didn't have a fridge and also our package didn't include breakfast which we expected. Overall a fabulous place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay with us here at Hilton Leicester. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to make the most of the facilities we provide. Thank you again for your kind comments.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

My wife and I were given a Hilton restaurant voucher as a Christmas gift and decided to use it at the Leicester Hilton, as this is the closest to where we live. We know the hotel as we have stayed there before and have previously used the hotel for business related activities. Well... We arrived at the hotel and the reception area was as usual smart, well organised and the staff were lovely and polite. We were shown to our table and we duly ordered our food. The first courses were just about ok. But it sadly went down hill from there! I would urge somebody senior within the Hilton chain to take a close look at the menu and the actual quality of the food. A dish that was advertised as Prawn risotto, was actually a pile of stodgy rice with what looked like microwaved prawns sat on top, this was served with half a plate of horrible supposed Ratatouille etc. The beef dish was strips of beef that in fairness was ok, but served on an enormous bed of rocket, wih raw onions and tomatoes! The sweets were Creme Brûlée which was truly awful and looked and tasted like vomit. The cheese and biscuits was ok( difficult to ruin that!) but the cheese, grapes etc was so cold you could hardly taste any flavour. All of this cost the princely sum of £50.00 We were really upset about the whole experience and had to lie to our daughter (who had bought us the voucher) that we had a lovely meal! It's a real shame because the staff were lovely and in fairness the food was served nicely and the service was good. We like the Hilton Group, so much so, we are booked in for b&b next Month in Liverpool, but thankfully we won't be eating dinner! Come on Hilton group, sort your food quality out.... You owe it to the staff who work for you!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. May I in the first instance extend our sincere apologies for your disappointing meal you had with us. Please be assured this is not our usual standard.
I have shared your feedback with our Head Chef for him to further investigate and to take the neccessay action to ensure there is no repetition.
May I thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention. I hope that you and your wife have an enjoyable stay at our hotel in Liverpool .

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Stayed here 2 years ago and just last week, April 2013. This last visit was during a busy week for the hotel.
Pros
Location
Fitness club
Reception and fitness staff
Cleanliness of room
Breakfasts were delicious, though sme of the cold sections change daily so daughters favourites were missing day 2
Cons
Lack of waiting staff a breakfast: In Hilton honours area the tables weren't cleared very quickly and one beside us was full of old plates for the whole time we ate there. The next day we ate in main dinng room and whilst here were more staff, they were very busy so again plates were often left.
Prior to check in I had requested allergy friendly pillows, reception confirmed this but they we not and we had to wait when son was very sleepy for them to be brought to us.
Room was cleaned well But required maintenance as the wall was scratched and needed a repaint plus the sofa had seen better days. One of the beds needs replacing.

We went on a stay play explore offer so good value but I spoke to a lady in the pool area and she was disgusted a the amount her husband had paid for such basic accommodation.

Would I return- maybe- I guess I'd ask for a refurbished room

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay. I have shared your comments with the relevant heads of department to reiew, and to ensure no future repetition. Please be assured this is not our usual standard. I hope these incidents will not deter you from staying with us again.