Hilton Leicester
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Winstanley House(Leicester)
1,650 results
All reviewsswimming poolretail parkhealth clubsofa bedgood sizeleisure facilitiesfamily roombreakfast was excellentbusiness triplarge roomnational space centrefosse parkexcellent value for moneymotorwaygymjunction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Came to this hotel for a special 2 year anniversary with my partner. Was happy with my arrival and check in. We paid for the room and breakfast.

When we arrived at the room we were happy to find a double bed/flat screen/sofa and the usual. However we were disheartened to find that the sofa had been made into a double bed. We were unsure what was going on. The double bed was very comfy though and the TV worked.

When I went for a shower, I found that the handle didn't turn and therefore could not have a shower. Not wanting a bath as the bath did not look clean. I had to pass. The sink was not in the bathroom but just outside of it. A very good idea in my opinion. However we could only just open the door in the bathroom..

Breakfast was yummy. A lot to choose from and catered for special dietary requirements.

Didn't have an evening meal in the hotel so cannot comment on that food. However, they were happy with us bringing our own food into the hotel. So if it is a little bit expensive, there is a pizza hut down the road!

Shopping close by, Sainsbury across the road and a cinema/bowling just down the road. Found it confusing at first to get back to the hotel from Sainsbury has there was a lot of traffic work going on. One of the journeys on the way back another couple from the hotel asked which way it was!!

Overall, we enjoyed the stay, but it was nothing special and probably wouldn't recommend unless you just want the basic shelter and breakfast.

Must admit though, after our stay, I filled in a survey and explained our problems that we encountered and we got an apology and they said they would fix the shower.

Maybe it was just the room we were put in...

Room Tip: Specify well.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and again apologise for the maintenance issue encountered during your stay. Thank you again for your comments, I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Had a great time here we used the hotel to stop in after my daughters hen night in Leicester in 2012. The rooms were very spacious the beds were super and the pillows were fantasticly soft. The breakfast in the morning was also first class everything you could wish for.Maz Nuneaton

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your feedback. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

The hotel as one would expect was to a high standard and the Food, Service and Organisation the same, This was a busuiness trip with an organised conference and a few days before, an Email popped up wchich offered

Double Hilton Deluxe, 28m²/301sq.ft
•This room has enhanced toiletries, dual power shower, a 32" flat panel TV for sitting back and watching, with fruit, chocolate, and a bottle of wine to unwind to during your stay.
•Keep connected with available high speed internet.

All for £10 what a bargain, or so I thought?

Big Room, check,excellent and the office space to work was worth it alone.
Dual Power Shower, NO
Big TV, check excellent
Chocolate and Wine NO
Internet, now I stupidly thought that the above meant it was incuded, reception informed me with a superior smirk that it was not so I thought bugger the wine if she is going to laugh at me again.

Now it did not really detract from a good stay and a well organised Conference and Dinner, but why make these offers if they are not available or misleading? I could justify the upgrade if it saved on Internet for instance.

If it just for a bigger room which was in my case a bonus and well used then say so....

Room Tip: A room to the back of the hotel may be a bit quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim H
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was sorry to hear that your expectations were not met on this occasion. Your feedback has been shared with the team to review and ensure no future repetitions. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Had a fab time at the Hilton with the girls, room was spacious and lovely. Breakfast at usual to its high standard. Swimming was lovely and the spa was to die for. Total relaxation from the moment we booked in until the time we left. Absolutely fantastic. Great place to stay for shopping in Leicester City.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay. I was delighted to hear that you and your friends had a relaxing break and were able to make the use of our hotel's facilities. I have shared your kind feedback with the team. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Disappointing stay for one night at the Hilton Leicester. Despite booking a deluxe double then it didn't have any of the additional amenities advertised so I had to go back to reception to ask for them. I also asked for an internal facing room which I didn't get but when I went back and asked to be moved then they managed to change my room, I don't know why I had to go back and ask. I had dinner in the restaurant, but had to send the main course back as it was severly burnt, to the extent where I'm surprised it was sent out - especially as there were only 3 other people in the restaurant so they weren't busy and had more staff than guests ! I ordered breakfast in my room but they forgot the drinks.
It's very frustrating because the restaurant staff are excellent and I like the rooms, but I can't decide whether it was just a bad day or not worth paying the extra. When I explained at check out these irritations then I was told, "sorry for that" which didn't particularly leave me with a feeling that I would instantly return. Pity.

Room Tip: Ask for internal facing room to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay. I was sorry to hear that expectations were not met on this ocassion and apologise for the obvious service shortfall. I have shared your feedback with the relevant managers to investigate further and to ensure no future repetition.

Thank you again for your feedback.