We were in Leicester on business and turned it into a 4 day family holiday with stay play and explore. The hotel was lovely, rooms were clean and comfortable (best nights sleep I've had in a hotel room in years). Staff were friendly the breakfast was great. Staff were extra helpful to our children and there were lots of small child friendly touches such as peanut butter at breakfast. Unfortunately, this did not extend to the leisure club - for us this is an important part of a family holiday. Children only allowed into the leisure club Mon - Thu first thing till 7pm. We left our stay play and explore attraction early to use pool and be out by 7. There were a number of problems:- 1) reception staff were rude. 2) Lack of space in reception area due to the gym facilities being in the same room. (a child was knocked over by another customer using gym as pathway to changing room is only approx 20inches wide - not enough for a parent and toddler to get through) 3) Pool busy - 3 lanes, 1 for lessons (2 people in), 1 for lane swimming (2 people in), third one full of families some trying to play, others trying to swim, also slow lane swimmers trying to go up and down. Not enough space left. 4) staff were rude and asked families to stay out of way of club members including the slow lane swimmers who barged on through. 5) I asked the staff when the lane arrangement finished - was told 7.30 but all brats must be out by then as it is for the adults to relax. 6) Club members pushed my toddler out of way in the pool - he got ducked under the water and panicked. Member then complained to staff who told us off (without checking what the problem was) - went as far as shouting at us to keep the noise down. 7) There is one family changing room for lots of families - so when we left after 10 minutes we had to wait in a cold hallway waiting for 2 families in front of us to finish. Staff would not provide extra towels to keep children warm when we were waiting, our clothes and towels were in a locker inside the single family room. 8) Leisure club was not interested in our complaints. I was basically told to b****** off when I asked for the manager. As my children were cold and in tears I opted not to pursue matters further. The rest of the hotel and staff were lovely and could not have been more helpful, and were great with the kids, but due to the leisure club I would never bring my family back here. Since swimming is such a big deal in a family holiday we became day members at the leisure club of an adjacent hotel in the next 2 days - where we were welcomed. I would suggest that in school holidays and weekends there is an hour set aside in the evening where families are welcomed, without lanes etc. I would also suggest that this is a little later - most attractions shut at 5pm, and it takes until 6 / 6.30 to get back to the hotel. Perhaps 6.30 or 7pm start so families could make the most of the day. If this was well publicised then the impact on the other leisure club members would be minimal - they could choose to avoid this hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton Leicester hotel, 3 miles from the city center, just off junction 21 of the M1. Unwind in the gym, pool, restaurant and bar. Do business in one of 10 meeting rooms for 2-150. The hotel is 25 minutes' drive from Nottingham East Midlands Airport. Indulge in traditional cuisine at Flavours restaurant, a light lunch and cool drink in the Hilton Leicester hotel's Court Bar and coffee and sandwiches in our coffee lounge. Unwind in the LivingWell Health Club, swim in the indoor pool, work out in the gym and relax in the sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Leicester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Hilton International Leicester
- Leicester Hilton International
- Hilton Leicester Leicestershire