“Good one night stay”
Review of Hilton Leicester

Hilton Leicester
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I booked this hotel last November for a break to visit our son who is at uni in Leicester. We got a very good rate and I considered this to be excellent value for money.

The hotel was slightly tired but offered the usual range of facilities expected from a large hotel. My husband collected our son and we had a few drinks in the bar area before eating out in Leicester. The air conditioner in the bar was fierce and slightly too cold to linger for long.

our room was clean and warm, bit of a trek from reception but very quiet. No noise at all.

Breakfast was very good. However the coffee was cold, we told the coffee pots get filled at 6.30am . On request a fresh pot was quickly supplied. We both agreed the quality of the breakfast food was very good, nice sausages and bacon. My husband was taken with the veggie sausages and he is a confirmed meat eater.

Annoying to have to pay for parking .

Would defo visit a Hilton hotel again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tinkerbell100Kent
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the relevant managers so that they may review them with their teams and ensure no future repetition.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,601)

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here for a weekend break . Hiltons are a corporate brand and there is something comforting about knowing what you will get. Lovely rooms , good breakfast and pleasant staff. Job Done. The hotel is close to Fosse Park shopping park and about 15mins to the City Centre by car.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Satisfaction and Loyalty Tracking Survey after your recent stay. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we will have the opporutnity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed with two other couples for a family get together with the cousins. Spent loads of time in the pool and the restaurant was well organised. Food was delicious and service was always efficient and courteous. Great visit. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope we can welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

This Hilton unfortunately did not live up to its name.

The room was small, minimalist and cheaply decorated with little character. The phone must be from the 70s. No fridge or minibar...or...biscuits. WiFi cost is ridiculously extortionate and limited sessions.

Breakfast arrived cold two days in a row. Eggs were greasy and overdone. Lunch was cold as well. As if a £5 tray charge was not enough they take a random £6 supplement.

Service was slow and sloppy. Tea cups and spoons were not clean. Tray was left in the hall over four hours with room rubbish piled on top. Waited 15min for 3 people to sort the dinner bill, finally went to till.

The place is packed with kids on weekends so don't go for a quiet couple's getaway.

The fitness room was nice and pool but too busy with kids to enjoy.

I could not help feeling that we paid for the name but didn't get the experience. That's not good value.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was sorry that your expetations were not met on this occasion and apologise for the service shortfall. I have shared your feedback with the relevant managers to further review and take the necessary action to prevent reoccurrence. Thank you for bringing you feedback to our attention.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Lovely room and great breakfast. For our friends hen party we were really happy with a great bargain we snapped up on lastminute. Brilliant Spa, and the beautician was lovely! Great experience, lovely pool and sauna. Definately would retutrn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay. i was delighted to hear that you and your friends had had an enjoyable stay with us. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were in Leicester on business and turned it into a 4 day family holiday with stay play and explore. The hotel was lovely, rooms were clean and comfortable (best nights sleep I've had in a hotel room in years). Staff were friendly the breakfast was great. Staff were extra helpful to our children and there were lots of small child friendly touches such as peanut butter at breakfast. Unfortunately, this did not extend to the leisure club - for us this is an important part of a family holiday. Children only allowed into the leisure club Mon - Thu first thing till 7pm. We left our stay play and explore attraction early to use pool and be out by 7. There were a number of problems:- 1) reception staff were rude. 2) Lack of space in reception area due to the gym facilities being in the same room. (a child was knocked over by another customer using gym as pathway to changing room is only approx 20inches wide - not enough for a parent and toddler to get through) 3) Pool busy - 3 lanes, 1 for lessons (2 people in), 1 for lane swimming (2 people in), third one full of families some trying to play, others trying to swim, also slow lane swimmers trying to go up and down. Not enough space left. 4) staff were rude and asked families to stay out of way of club members including the slow lane swimmers who barged on through. 5) I asked the staff when the lane arrangement finished - was told 7.30 but all brats must be out by then as it is for the adults to relax. 6) Club members pushed my toddler out of way in the pool - he got ducked under the water and panicked. Member then complained to staff who told us off (without checking what the problem was) - went as far as shouting at us to keep the noise down. 7) There is one family changing room for lots of families - so when we left after 10 minutes we had to wait in a cold hallway waiting for 2 families in front of us to finish. Staff would not provide extra towels to keep children warm when we were waiting, our clothes and towels were in a locker inside the single family room. 8) Leisure club was not interested in our complaints. I was basically told to b****** off when I asked for the manager. As my children were cold and in tears I opted not to pursue matters further. The rest of the hotel and staff were lovely and could not have been more helpful, and were great with the kids, but due to the leisure club I would never bring my family back here. Since swimming is such a big deal in a family holiday we became day members at the leisure club of an adjacent hotel in the next 2 days - where we were welcomed. I would suggest that in school holidays and weekends there is an hour set aside in the evening where families are welcomed, without lanes etc. I would also suggest that this is a little later - most attractions shut at 5pm, and it takes until 6 / 6.30 to get back to the hotel. Perhaps 6.30 or 7pm start so families could make the most of the day. If this was well publicised then the impact on the other leisure club members would be minimal - they could choose to avoid this hour.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Natasha N

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. Whilst I was delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed their stay with us, I was sorry to hear of your disappointing visit to our Health Club. Your feedback has been shared with the Club Manager to further review.

Thank you again for your feeback.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

These are the reasons my son and I were so disappointed with

- my son was charged £60 to use the wi fi for a week... other hotels have a free facility!
- room service charged my son £9.70 for a bottle of water to take his medication, apparently it was £4.70 + £5 tray service!
- the flasks of coffee at breakfast were tepid, I was offered a costa coffee, but why couldn't I have my own fresh coffee pot?
- windows frames in room both our rooms were dirty and mouldy
- drawers in both rooms broken and jammed
- carpets stained in my room
- bathroom basin looked as though it was going to fall out of the vanity unit at any time

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on trip advisor.

I was sorry to hear that your expectations were not met on this occasion.

May I apologise for the service shortfalls encountered in our restaurant, room service and bed room. Your feedback has been shared with the F&B and Maintenance managers to investigate further and to take corrective action.

With regards to your comment regarding the charge for wifi in our rooms whilst this is a charge in our rooms, we do provide complimentary access for all of our guests in our public areas including the bar and restaurant.

May I again thank you for your feedback.