The first impression of the room was that of a welcoming, large, and comfortable atmosphere. The beds were excellent and provided a great nights sleep. The bathroom had a few issues mainly the fact that there were stains on the toilet itself and a shower that was rather on the small side. The desk with flip-up mirror and included hair-dryer also added another good aspect to the room. In the morning we went to get our breakfast and we were very happy with both the selection and quality of food. However, we did order a pot of Tea when asked what drinks what we would like and it never arrived. The following day we decided to try out the Gym and Spa area of the hotel, however, this proved to be much more difficult and disappointing than expected. After going through several trips between our room and the gym to fetch whatever paperwork they required to let us use the facilities we then faced an issue regarding our age. It clearly states that visitors UNDER the age of 16 are not able to make full use of the gym due to health and safety, being 16 (a.k.a NOT UNDER 16) I assumed that this would not be a problem. However, the awkward employee behind the desk at the gym didn't seem to understand the point I was trying to make and so I was forced to resign myself to strictly using a Crosstrainer or a Treadmill. On our way out of the gym I did explain to the employee (Female, Blonde hair, Glasses) that I was a Rugby Player who was well used to safely using gym facilities, however, this was still to no avail and we gave up on the situation. The overall rating of 'Average' is purely because of the way we were addressed in the gym and the disappointing state of the bathroom and the seemingly careless work of the room maids. If you are only interested in a large bed, comfortable sleep, and a nice breakfast then the Hilton Hotel, Leicester is a great choice! However, if you plan to make use of the facilities that the Hotel advertise as being 'top of the range' then you may find yourself disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton Leicester hotel, 3 miles from the city center, just off junction 21 of the M1. Unwind in the gym, pool, restaurant and bar. Do business in one of 10 meeting rooms for 2-150. The hotel is 25 minutes' drive from Nottingham East Midlands Airport. Indulge in traditional cuisine at Flavours restaurant, a light lunch and cool drink in the Hilton Leicester hotel's Court Bar and coffee and sandwiches in our coffee lounge. Unwind in the LivingWell Health Club, swim in the indoor pool, work out in the gym and relax in the sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Leicester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Leicester Hotel Leicester
- Hilton International Leicester
- Leicester Hilton International
- Hilton Leicester Leicestershire