1,717 results
All reviewshealth clubsofa bedretail parkgood sizeleisure facilitiesfamily roombreakfast was excellentenjoyable stayfosse parkexcellent value for moneycity centremotorwaygymjunction
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Poor check in service, smelly hall ways, fan made loud noise in bathroom. Bar very very expensive. Breakfast not the selection you should or used to get. Phone did not work in room, one light was faulty. As blue hilton honnors member you dont even get free water. You have to pay £14.00 for 24 hours internet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on trip advisor after your recent stay.

I was sorry to hear that your expectations were not fully met on this occasion and apologise for the service shortfall.

I have shared your feedback with both our Maintenance Manager and Front of House Manager to further investigate your comments and to share with their teams so that we may learn from your experience.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My Wife & I stayed here recently whilst on a " Richard III " weekend.
Whilst some areas of hotel are a little dated, the room was clean & comfortable & everything worked..
Food at breakfast & evening meal was very good & service was very efficient.The hotel are fortunate to have a superb attentive Staff in all the key areas.
A most enjoyable stay and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.
Anyone who has read my other reviews will know I berate shoddy Management & Service so Hilton Leicester consider this as praise indeed!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

I was delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your kind comments with our team so that they may all know of your appreciation for them and to encourage them to continue delivering outstanding customer service.

i hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Our room (Room 124) had a stain embedded in the carpet (near computer desk). The white sealant in the bathroom areas were poorly applied and looked very amateur. In a Hilton Hotel I would expect all finishes to look professional. Bar wine and spirits prices far too high. Wifi - I would expect this to be free or at the least reasonably prices. £14.99 for a day is far too high. It was cheaper for us to actually leave the hotel and pop into a local Costa for coffee and cakes and use free Wifi. For this reason alone I will not be returning to a Hilton Hotel to be taken advantage of.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay. I was sorry to hear that your expectations were not fully met on this occasion, and apologise for the service shortfall.

Your feedback has been shared with the relevant Heads of Department, so that we may learn from your experience.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We checked out this morning from our second stay at Hilton Leicester and we will happily stay there again. Staff in all areas (reception, restaurant, bar, pool/gym and housekeeping) were all friendly and welcoming. The pool is a particularly good bonus for us as we have a small child, and we used it daily. Breakfast is tasty and varied and they even cooked pancakes for my husband as it is his birthday today.

I told the reception staff that it was going to be his birthday and they even put a card in our room yesterday with some vouchers for complimentary drinks and a free movie, which was brilliant! The sound on the TV was a bit variable so we had to watch with the remote in hand so as not to disturb other guests when it suddenly got loud but we did not spend long watching it and this was not a big enough problem to ruin our overall experience.

As for value for money, lots of big brands charge for WiFi and if you stay a lot just get a Hilton Honours card and you will earn free WiFi, or do research before booking and factor it into the cost. Hilton does great sales for weekend stays so we got a very good room rate by booking in advance and staying at the weekend. I appreciate that would not work for business customers though. I read in another review that the Costa coffee served in reception was expensive, but I would expect that in a 4-star hotel. The coffee at breakfast was nice enough for us and we had facilities to make tea and instant coffee in our room.

All in all, excellent for a family. Thank you to the whole team.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advior.

It is great to hear that you and your family had had an enjoyable stay with us. It is great to hear that our team had made the stay especially special for your husbands birthday.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The hotel was actually quite nice, service in the bar good, nice coffee and food. Yes it is expensive but that's hotel prices for you. Our room was spacious and clean but the thing that really let the hotel down was that we had booked a Deluxe Family Room and I happily paid the extra as it was a birthday treat but none of the Deluxe extras (robes, wine, snacks etc) were in the room, so we had to head back to reception. The Extras arrived later but it's a shame the attention to detail was not there. First impressions count for a lot and it was disappointing. Special mention to Betty the lovely waitress at breakfast, super lady, helpful and she certainly knows about attention to detail and cared that we were ok and had what we needed.

Room Tip: We had booked a Family Deluxe but still not sure we had a "deluxe" room but it was still clean and spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Adviosr after your recent stay, with us at Hilton Leicester.

I was sorry to hear that your recent stay was marred due to the Deluxe Package not being placed into your room prior to your arrival, and apologise for this service over sight. Your feedback has been shared with the relevant managers to investigate further and to identify how we can prevent this from occuring again.