“Family weekend break” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Family weekend break”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great leisure facilities of a pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and gym. However let down by a surprising number of rude staff. Restaurant is expensive with no special deals for child diners. Quite tricky to find entrance from the road.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip advisor.
I was sorry to hear that you felt some of our staff were rude during your stay and this is being addressed internally, as we take pride in our customer service.

Likeswise I was disappointed that our childrens meals were not highlighted to you, as we believe they offer a great option at 3 courses from £8.00, Our younger guest, (under 10 years old) also eat for free when dining with an adult staying in the hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback, I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Arrived around 6.45pm to check in, reception had 2 receptionists on duty, one looking after Hilton Honours and the other everyone else. Was kept waiting for over 10 minutes whist the receptionist was sorting out a customer who was attempting to check in but had no reservation. Eventually got checked in (with no apology for the delay) and off to my room I went.

Room was well presented and clean, up to the normal high standard for a Hilton. Didn’t get the opportunity to use the health club but work colleagues did and had an enjoyable time. Didn’t eat in the hotel for dinner but had breakfast in the morning. Was quickly seated and offered coffee etc. Breakfast was a buffet style with a good range of cold/cooked food – excellent start to the day.

Only negative observation, despite paying £100 per night still had to pay £5 overnight parking fee, should be free to residents.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael T
Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay.

I was sorry to hear an apology was not offered for keeping you waiting at check in, and has been fed back to the Front Office manager to investigate further.
However, It was great to hear that you enjoyed our Hilton breakfast and had a great start to your day.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We paid a "down memory lane" trip to Leicester and chose the Hilton primarily because of its proximity to the motorway network and because of the excellent deal on a deluxe room. Having spent a 30 year career in international travel and staying in hotels round the world, it came as a refreshing surprise to find that here in UK we can offer top class hotel rooms and service at affordable prices. The room, food and staff were all first class and all contributed to the enjoyment of our trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this review, 9 June 2014

Your kind comments are really appreciated and have been shared with our team. It is always great to receive positive feedback regarding our customer service.

Thank you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have stayed here many times with my husband and children. I always find the staff to be extremely helpful, polite and friendly. The hotel hallways where being re decorated when we last stayed but it didn't disrupt anything. Food is lovely and reasonably priced for a hotel. Kids eat free with an adult meal which is very good. The rooms are nice and clean. I was given complimentary check out till 1 as I didn't have to leave until then. Overall one of the easiest and relaxing hotels I have stayed in as the staff go out of their way to make sure you are ok.

Room Tip: Family rooms are large with two big beds and sofa area
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you and your family enjoyed their recent stay with us. It is always great to hear that our staff look after you during your stay.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I agree with other reviewers that getting to the hotel can be confusing, you can see but just can't work out how to get there, but once you do get there it's a good hotel. The rooms might be a little bland in decor but they're spacious and have everything that you need. Breakfast was good quality, plentiful and hot. My only gripe was the cost of a Costa coffee for the bar, I arrived early whilst waiting for a colleague so decided to have a small sized coffee. Coffee took absolutely ages to be made, by which time my colleague had arrived and then the cost was significantly more than you'd pay in a shop and even another franchised operation. Needless to say that was my one and only coffee. All in all a good hotel, great location for the Office and for access back to the M1.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anders B
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our Hilton Breakfast. Your feedback regarding the service you received in our lounge has been shared with our Food and Beverage Manager to investigate further with her team. May I apologise for the service shortfall.
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.
Devizes
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This has to be one worst examples of a Hilton in the UK. Begin your experience by negotiating a poorly signposted and dreadful confusing intersection of busy roads. When you arrive you eyes fall on what looks like a poorly maintained vast Pizza Hut. Then you begin to pay. First for parking then for internet access - a breathtaking £14.99 a night. This might be mitigated by a nice room but sadly not. Smelling strongly of paint with elderly fixtures and fittings, room 171 had the most weird configuration I have seen with a sort or breakfast bar come office behind the bed. My room service salad was served without love or any evidence of experience.

Friendly staff made up for this disappointing stay a little but I could have a had a much more pleasant evening and saved £60 by staying in a Premieir Inn.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DavidMDevizes
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post yur feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to hear that your expectations were not met on this occasion, and apologise for the disappointment.

I have shared your feedback with the relevant Heads of department to further review.

Thank you again for your comments.

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I took my family on Leicester stay and play trip and choose to stay here at the hilton.
There was me my wife and my two children age 5 &3
We checked in at 5pm ok then went to the pool only to be told that we had to book as they have no life guards they said would call us on room phone when to come back.so walked all the way back to room only to have a call 3 mins later to go back!.

We went to bed at 10:30pm only to be woken up at 3am by huge fight on our floor bad language and people threatening to kill each other.
My wife phoned the hotels emergence phone number for 15 mins to NO answer.
At this time the police had arrived and were trying to calm things down.
I then phoned this phone number and it was answered and told them this was not good enough as we could not leave our room and could not get any info off the hotel.
You try telling a 3&5 year old that it will be ok at 03:30 in the morning.

Aftehr trying to see the manager in the morning I got to see him in the afternoon who said how sorry he was but offered us free lunch that was nice but what would he have done in our situation
All in all 15 rooms complained some erasure acne would have help?

Also wifi is available yes it is at £15 per day,this cost nothing for the Hotel but charge this price!
To buy a film for the children to watch on tv £10.99 you con get 3 dvds for that!!!

All in all if you want to stay here it's up to you but remember to be ripped off and night staff that could not take an emergence call when all he'll was taking place!!!

Never coming back here!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Barry L
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay. I was sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

We unfortunately during your stay did have an incident caused by a group of guests who created a situation which was out of our control, and required external assistance to bring under control. We are disappointed by the behaviour of some of our guests, which we find unacceptable and unwelcomed. We are very apologetic to our other guests who were unfortunately disturbed by the situation.

We are reviewing all of the feedback we have received regarding this incident to assist us should we have such an incident again in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback.