Hilton Leicester
US$81
US$76
US$111
US$108
Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$47
Priceline
Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$71
PremierInn.com
US$96
PremierInn.com
1,651 results
All reviewsswimming poolretail parkhealth clubsofa bedgood sizeleisure facilitiesfamily roombreakfast was excellentbusiness triplarge roomnational space centrefosse parkexcellent value for moneymotorwaygymjunction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in a superior room.
Reception good
Room ok no air con
Bar good
Bar food standard Hilton fare needs updating
Car park annoyed had to pay
General decor a little tired
Would come back here again

Room Tip: Ask for a fan
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are grateful for your feedback and will include it in future reviews of our services and products. Thank you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here once again last week, having visited several times before.
Have to say that considering this is a chain hotel, it certainly does not have the chain hotel feel. There is a real family run feel to this place. All of the staff seem lovely, very polite and friendly, and we have learnt that many have been with the hotel for years - which speaks volumes! The rooms are great - very clean and spacious. There is a lovely garden / courtyard area which is kept beautifully. Restaurant is excellent, good service and food. drinks are a bit on the expensive side, but what do you expect in a hotel? Free bottled water is a nice touch. Decor is very 90's but well kept and has a certain charm.
We visit Leicester quite often, and will definitely keep using this lovely hotel!

Room Tip: Deluxe are the ones to go for - negotiate an upgrade!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_HiltonLeicester, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor, after your recent stay.
It is great to hear that you enjoy your stays with us and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Found the hotel generaly good and clean,the facilities were really good,I found the staff all good.enjoyed a drink at the bar,paying £5 for the carpark was a bit of a shock,but I would stay again,the room was clean and spacious,the pool,gym,steamroom etc great fun

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for posting you feedback on trip advisor. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, making the most of our facilities. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hilton used to be a gold standard, a trusted brand where quality and service of a high order could be practically guaranteed. I realise now that the strategy has changed, and that Hilton are competing with Premier Inn and Holiday Inn for business. Hence the charging for so called "extras" such as car parking and wifi, and the whopping charges for the bar and for breakfast. Extras? Car parking? This is a hotel at an interchange of the M1 in the East Midlands. I doubt too many visitors will be arriving by any means other than a car. The real reason for the extra charges is of course to keep the room rate down, to give the appearance of being competitive, whilst propping up the average take per stay. Don't be fooled by the room rate, as you will most likely pay more.

I will probably get some nice reply on here from a Guest Manager informing me that wifi is available at no cost in the public areas. If you can provide it for free in the bar, why not in my room? It makes no sense to me, honestly.

The hotel is quite clean (you need to avoid sitting on the leather sofas in the room I had though) and the staff are competent even if they look underpaid and battle weary. This is the second time we have stopped here (nothing else available this time), and the second time there has been a wedding reception going on. I suspect this is the case all summer at the weekends, and it can make the service slow and of course it means a lot of excited children around. You have been warned.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for tkaing the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay.

I was sorry to hear that your expectations were not fully met on this occasion and apologise for the service shortfall.

Your feedback has been shared with our management team to further review and consider.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was very disappointed with this hotel; stayed here at the end of May 2014 for 4 nights to attend a weekend wedding.

On the face of things the hotel is very presentable, rooms are clean and well serviced etc. It is the little things that really let this hotel down in a big way and over 4 days became very annoying to me.

1.) When I checked in (having flown in overnight from the US) I was very tired and just wanted to bed down and call the wife. The first ground floor room I was allocated did not have electricity to some of the sockets and absolutely no internet or telephone connection. This meant I had to get dressed and walk back to reception in order to get a new room. To be fair to the staff they allowed me to change immediately - it was just 60 minutes of messing around when I really wanted to be asleep. They were laying carpets in the hotel at the time and despite it being in the afternoon I did feel the noise was excessive.

2.) The new room which was also at the back of the hotel on the ground floor suffered terribly from poor internet. This is a particular blow considering you pay upwards of $20 daily for the connection. In order to facetime on my iPad I had to put the iPad on top of a shelf in the closet or sit in the bathroom in order to talk to my wife. This was the most frustrating thing about my stay - being practically cut off like a naughty kid. The internet also had a tendency to log out after a couple of minutes of inactivity leading to the arduous task of logging back in (which was hit or miss on any Apple product).

3.) Penny pinching - for a hotel of such high standards I would expect a little more than constant penny pinching. I'm already paying a premium rate + extras such as parking and internet but the hotel really took the cake when I needed to having my speech for the wedding printed - 3 lousy sheets of paper cost me 60 pence - seriously??

4.) Saturday night noise at 2am - a guest in one of the other rooms decided to have a full blown argument with her boyfriend/husband at 2am (slamming doors, shouting in the hall etc.). I can accept the hotel has no control over this per say but when I tried to call reception to complain about the noise nobody on the reception or managers number answered the phone. I called about 10 times before I hid under my pillow to drown out the noise.

5.) Maid service... meh. I left the iron out because I was in a rush. When I returned later on the room was clean but the ironing board was not put away - nor was a quarter glass of stale beer from the night before. Common sense people please.

Overall I am very disappointed in this hotel. I would not recommend to friends because the premium cost is not reflected in the product. I am a regular Hilton customer with Gold status so I am surprised. Very poor example of their offerings.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the back of the hotel or on the ground floor unless you like people walking by your window.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Arthur_the_Cat

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to hear that your expectations were not met on this occassion and apologise for the service shortfall. I have shared your feedback with our management team to investigate further and identify how we can improve our facilities for our guests.

We are grateful for your feedback.