“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.”

Ramada Leicester Stage
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
“One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The staff are friendly, the rooms are immaculate, there is always somebody to help when needed and the food is exceptional - especially the hand cut chips. Definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
lincolnshire
Reviewed 2 December 2011

We have stayed for 5 nights and have had a lovely stay. All the staff are friendly and helpful. Special mention must be made of everyone who looked after us in the bar and restaurant - you know who you are - you were brilliant ! Our room was very good - a lovely large bed and a very comfortable sofa that made relaxing so easy ! All in all a super stay and we are already planning to return . Thank you .

Room Tip: Can really recommend an upgrade to one of the larger rooms.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gerberaLincolnshire
LHMS, CEO of Lester Hotels at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
So pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks for writing a review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kindest regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I stay in a lot of hotels on business, and this was one of the best nights sleep I've had!
The duvet was down, the pillows were sooo comfortable, and it was nice to find more drinks than just two teabags and two coffee. It was very clean, I've seen the other reviews and wondered if it was a another hotel! Parts of the hotel are perhaps a bit dated, but for me the main things are comfort and cleanliness, and definitely got all those!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
LHMS, CEO of Lester Hotels at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
Thank you for your review and I am delighted that we are now back to the standards more usually associated with the Best Western Leicester Stage Hotel.

The failure of the previous HK company was very unfortunate, but the new company seem to have set about the challenge with relish!

Kindest regards

Reviewed 30 October 2011

We booked this hotel for a quiet weekend get away. The staff were vey friendly and we enjoyed the breakfast however the bedroom and facilities were filthy.
Our room had huge red stains covering the floor and brown patchy stains covered the Walls. The room was covered with dust and cobwebs. There was a cigarette burn in the bed and the covers had further brown stains. The bath was infested in mould and you could write your name in the dust on the floor.

Once again at breakfast you could write your name in the dust where the food is served. Such a shame as the staff were so friendly.

This hotel needs a huge clean I would not stay here again in fear of catching something.

• Stayed October 2011
I very much regret that the hotel was not as should have been and this has been highlighted in several reviews below which we recieved in a very short space of time.

Unfortunately in August the housekeeping company we have used for many years to clean the hotel and bedrooms suddenly went into administration and their employees who work at the hotel were made redundant and left owed many weeks wages by the company.

In the interim weacted immediately to retain what was left of the team, to motivate the team and keep the hotel operational whist we found a new company to take over this responsibility which we now have and I am standards have quickly returned to those that we all need.

I am sorry that this seems a rather longwinded explanation, but I think it is important that we clarify this was an extra ordinary situation and our new housekeeping and cleaning company are very much aware of the standards required. I am also delighted that we managed to keep all the loyal employees of the former company employed until the new company took over.

Apologies

David

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2011

This hotel is dirty, I was absolutely disgusted by the state of the room I was given, the bathroom was dirty, toothpaste on the the tiles, mould in the shower, and someone's underwear in the draw, I didnt wait to find out if it was clean or dirty.
After I complained I was moved to another room this one was complete with cobwebs and dead spiders. A feather quilt which was too hot for the time of year, I was told there was 'nothing else available' when I asked for a blanket instead of the quilt.
The evening meal was over priced and swimming in grease, breakfast was that bad I didnt bother.............never again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Earth
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stayed two nights and wished I hadn't. The first night being a Sunday there wasn't much happening in the hotel. I ordered a burger which was warmish with chips like Jenga pieces which were undercooked. I couldn't face finishing it.

Breakfast the next morning was a pretty disappointing affair with poor quality sausages and something that looked like it might have been orange juice concentrate. The waiting staff all looked like they wanted to be somewhere (anywhere) else. Tuesday's breakfast was marginally better although one of the fruit juices had separated out.

As for the room, I slept well and it was nice and quiet. The room electrical switches were a bit odd in that the main light could not be switched off from the switches by the bed so it is necessary to get out of bed to switch it off. Not the end of the world but irritating. The bathroom was just about adequate but with very high sides to the bath. Not good for mobility impaired folks. The shower head did not adjust its angle so it sprayed the wall at the end of the bath, This apparently was repeated through the hotel according to other guests.

Car parking is more than adequate with plenty of space. I think that's the best thing about this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
lancashire
Reviewed 30 September 2011

In general a dingy, poorly maintained hotel, with ill-trained staff. I booked online and on arrival I requested a dinner reservation, but wasn't asked for any further credit card details. At dinner, the waiter asked if I would like the food putting on my bill and I accepted. Before the meal was complete, the waiter asked for my room number, which I quietly provided, there being a number of other diners. The waiter then returned and called from some yards away "did you say 102 because it's come up as invalid". I confirmed the room number, and as a lone female, was annoyed that it has been broadcast. He then returned and asked for my full name, again with no attempt at discretion, and came back a third time to say that as I hadn't registered a card, he couldn't charge to the room. I offered my company credit card, only to be asked instead to come with him now to reception with him to sort it out. To be asked, before even getting my pudding and coffee, to return to reception was completely embarrasing, and I pointed this out at reception. I got no apology, and was told that "nobody had noticed". On return to the dining room, a gentleman at the next table said I had done well to complete the washing up so fast, and another later quipped was I sleeping in my car or had they been able to verify my card.
The hotel reminded me of what Crossroads motel might look now if they hadn't dusted, decorated, or changed a thing since filming stopped. Avoid it!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel