“Please God, let there be an improvement”

Ramada Leicester Stage
Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hoping to God, that my stay next week will be better than the last two.

Not hopeful, as despite leaving two phone messages for the General Manager, he hasn't had the courtesy of calling me back.

Only reason for staying there at the moment, is that it is close to the premises that I visit in relation to an organisation I am a member of. Some of the staff are fantastic, others we won't even go there.

This could be my last visit, if things don't improve. Wi fi is shocking; Computer in lobby is older than myself, printer not connected.

Breakfast is woeful! Cold Sausages is not the way you want to be starting your day. Lets see what happens next week and I'll review again!

Be grateful, that there is a new Sainsburys across the road from hotel ;-)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CorkRocks2014
dam0h, General Manager at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hi
Please accept my apologies for your recent stay and the experience you had. We are currently having new Wi-Fi installed and i am hopeful that this will add to the customers satisfaction.
I do hope that you come again and see the improvements that we are currently making.

Damian Hemsley
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Slightly dated hotel, could do with being dragged into the 21st century, but overall comfortable, with good service and reasonable food.
Not the worst Best Western I've stayed in
Breakfast is similar to all buffet styles, my only gripe is the coffee could be stronger.
Stay throughout the year when visiting my employees Head Office

Room Tip: Don't get the last room on the second floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review.
I am sorry that you had a disappointment using our Wi-Fi but i can assure you that we are currently undergoing extensive rewiring of the hotel which incorporates a better quality connection.
I do hope that you give us another stay to show you the improvements made.

Mr D Greenwood

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here during business, hotel clean and staff helpful.

Breakfasts are well laid out and food good, only minor downside is that the free Internet Wi-Fi is practically unuseable. Although I did manage to get it for a short spell at 5pm and 6am, the rest of the time I couldn't get online.

I would stay here again, as room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Many thanks for writing your review.
We are currently undergoing extensive work on our W-Fi which will enhance the user experience.
I do hope that you will use us again in the future

Mr D Greenwood

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked a sunday lunch on Easter Sunday for my Mum's 70 birthday. As there was about 25 people in the party my parents went in the week before to pre order the wine and to ask it would be possible to have gluten free gravy as one of the party has a food allergy. They didn't have much confidence as the duty manager kept refering to "The wine menu" not "wine list".They were assured this was possible and would possible by the duty manger.
On arrival we order pre lunch drinks and was served by a bar man who clearly had left all customer service skills and peronality at home. It seemed to be an inconvience and effort to serve us.
We then took our tables - there was no pre ordered wine on the table - the staff had no idea we had ordered any and then we were advised "the wine you ordered was sold out".
The starters were buffet style but the buffet was half empty. When we asked for more smoke salmon and prawns as stated on the menu - we were told "there's no more it has gone". The wine glasses and cutlery were filthy with lipstick marks and finger prints. The chairs were covered in spots of white paint and clearly seen better days.
Then the main course - there was a 15 mins delay from the first person to be served on our table of 8 to the last. We were then given one dish of vegetables which consisted of 1 piece of brocolli between the 8 of us. The food was cold and the veg was over cooked and disgusting. After we had finished the main courses the apple and horseraddish sauce arrived !!
As for the sweets/puddings there was nothing homemaid - all Brake Brothers frozen puddings.
The waiting staff were polite but were very young and not trained. I felt sorry for them as they were doing their best (probably on minimum wage as not one looked above 18) with no support from any mangement.
My mother wrote a complaint letter the following week and has not even had it acknowledged.
What should have been a very special 70 birthday turned out into a trip to faulty towers.
Anyone thinking of booking a meal or wedding etc at the Stage. DON'T. You would be better crossing the road and getting a ready meal at Sainsbury's local. At least the staff are competent and the food will be hot.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank scratt123
DHemsley, General Manager at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hi
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience on your function you had with us on Easter Sunday. I am most perplexed regarding this as i myself replied to the letter sent to us. Obviously i cannot comment on certain aspects of your complaint however i have spoken to the relevant staff regarding this and they ask me to add there apologies along with mine.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just left today after a 3 night stay. The room was very clean and well presented. Tea & coffee facility in the room very good. Bed comfy and although the bathroom facilities are slightly dated, it was clean. The breakfast was plentiful and although not greatly varied, well presented and the staff were pleasant and attentive.
My gripe is on the wifi issue. There was no connection at all and when I approached the duty manager, I found him, though helpful in approach, unhelpful in able to resolve the problem. Having now read previous reviews, it seems this problem has existed for over 2 months.
This hotel was booked due to its position but also as it advertised free wifi and this is important to me. Two months is much too long for this problem to be resolved. With hindsight, read the reviews first, then enquire with the hotel direct about the current situation.
I cannot comment on the leisure facility as I didn't use it, but it seemed handy and popular by the amount of clients passing through.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Hi
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I do apologize for the wi-fi issue. This is something we have identified as an ongoing problem to which we are now fully refitting the hotel for new internet which we are currently waiting on being provisioned. Once installed this will ensure super fast broadband for all guests.
I do hope this does not detract from using us in the future

Regards

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night only on a Saturday after a family reunion. The welcome at reception was very good and informative. The room was clean and the bed excellent, comfy and fresh. The shower control and shower head showed signs of ground in dirt but this is being really critical. All in all for the room rate paid it was far better than I expected the breakfast was first class with a good choice of fresh and cooked food including full English. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. Free parking in hotel grounds and convenient for Leicester and surrounding area. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hi
Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you had a good stay and i do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I arrived here after a long journey on Tuesday 13th May, I was warmly greeted by a welcoming and helpful receptionist who explained everything and even offered to get someone to help with my luggage. Upon arriving in my room, I found ample space, a lovely king sized bed, a big work area, tea, coffee and biscuits. I went straight to the health suite which I didn't have to pay extra for, used the gym then had a wonderful two hours in the jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and pool. It was like being at a spa! Then went to the restaurant which was a decent price and very good food. Had a great nights sleep in what had to be the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in for a long time with a lovely feather duvet and plenty of pillows. I have no idea about the wifi speed or the TV because I was too busy experiencing the brilliant facilities this hotel has to offer that I can't get in my own home or any other hotel that I pay the same price for!! Would definitely stay again and have already recommended to my boss that we host our next company meeting here.

Stayed: May 2014
DHemsley, General Manager at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am glad that you had a good time during your stay with us and i do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely