“Dirty”

Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
cleveland
“Dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2010

Originally booked for 4 nights but left after one, room dirty not hoovered properly, dirt and dust around edges of room. Awful bathroom and terrible service, When we arrived there was a funeral party in the bar so we were allowed a drink but asked to sit elsewhere. Waitress at dinner was rude, we had 2 courses and it took 2 hours, never asked if we wanted desserts. Reception was unwelcoming and we left the next morning.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this review, 18 March 2010
So sorry to hear of your experience at the hotel and I have discussed this in some detail with David the GM of the hotel and with his team.

At the same time as you stayed, I was also staying plus Best Western conducted an annual inspection of the hotel which included an overnight stay and an inspection at random of over 30 bedrooms. They were very happy with the inspection and I must admit I had no problems during my stay [but I suppose you would expect me to say that wouldn't you].

You obviously havent made it up, we got it wrong which I don't understand and hope you will accept my apologies.

Regards

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2009

have heard very mixed opinions of this hotel but i found it comfortable, friendly and clean. staff created a pleasant atmosphere and found time to chat to guests, nothing was too much trouble for any of them.
bedroom was clean and comfortable and bathroom was newly re-furbished. look forward to my next trip to leicester stage.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this review, 18 December 2009
Thanks and glad you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2009

Comfortable stay, good food and friendly staff. Good location to the city centre and to the motorway

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

Spent one night here in January 2008 and would not stay again. The price seemed decent at the time but since staying here I've stayed in many other UK hotels at a similar if not cheaper price that were in a better location with cleaner rooms.

Even with the heat on full blast we couldn't get the room to warm up at all and the bathroom was old and stained. Not exactly a place I felt comfortable staying in. There was ample free parking and the breakfast in the morning was decent. I wouldn't say I had a horrible time here, but I certainly wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this review, 6 October 2009
You stayed 21 months ago!!! Whilst I am delighted you have written a review I am not sure why you have waited 21 months to post it.

Since you stayed in January 2008 we have refurbished bedrooms and bathrooms and are close to finishing off the remainder of the bathrooms.

Thank you for posting what I hope is a genuine review and I do hope you will use the hotel again

David

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

Norfolk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2009

YUK!

The hotel is old and very unkept.
If it wernt for the bar man giving us los of drinks then id of quite happily slept on the pavement rather than the bed!
This is one of the worst hotels ive EVER stayed in.
The rooms were mouldy, messy, stains on the ceiling, floor, bathroom it was gross.
The bed was like a rock but really short.

The bar/restaurant was old and basic, price was reasonable for Leicester.

The food was average too.

Would highly NOT recommend this place!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Lee-On-The-Solent, Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2009

Having read previous reviews I booked my night here with some trepidation. The web link to the restaurant page was not working (and still isn’t) so I was unsure what to expect. Check in was straightforward with the two receptionists getting things sorted quickly and efficiently. The room was clean with all the usual facilities. The shower head required dismantling and cleaning (a not uncommon requirement) to get the water going in the right direction but the water was hot and plentiful.
The restaurant was a curious affair with a hot and cold buffet. There was a menu and some items were on the buffet but not all, those which were not could be ordered. Main course was £8.95, two courses £12.95 and a third course option. The starter was a do-it-yourself affair. Prawn Cocktail was on the menu with all the ingredients on the buffet and I made my own. I had the individual steak pie as a main which was hot and very nice. The veg were tired and only lukewarm but the chips were cooked to order. The lady in charge of the restaurant (Stephanie?) was bubbly and attentive with nothing apparently too much trouble. Breakfast was a similar buffet experience with hot drinks brought to your table with the General Manager, David Greenwood, helping out and taking an obvious interest in things.
My only complaint were the room lights which turned all the bed and reading lights off when the main room light was turned off. This left you trying to walk around the room in pitch blackness and is obviously dangerous. They said they would get the electrician to look at it, and also the room below, as they had a similar complaint from that room.
Overall it was not an unpleasant experience and, based on the staff I dealt with, I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Leicester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

The hotel (actual building) was just 'ok', a little tired but did the job. The staff on the other hand did not. They seemed inconvienced by the customers! They were much more interested in their own conversations rather than serving us or clearing the dirty glasses off the many tables in the foyer. The credit card machine didn't wrk, no water in the pool and a receptionist that said they could not help with my reservation query and I was to wait until the folowing afternoon to speak to someone else! After over an hour waiting (even had time for a meal) I left in frustration and stayed a much nicer hotel down the road. At the Premier Inn at Oadby the room was spotless, nothing was too much trouble, plus it was much cheaper! I will only be using this hotel for my future stays.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this review, 30 June 2009
Sorry to read this review which is at odds with the others we are recieving. My apologies over this and I will discuss this with David Greenwood, the Gm, when he returns from holiday.

Thank you for taking the time to post this, and apologies.