“It works very well for us” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Leicester Stage

Ramada Leicester Stage
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
leicester
“It works very well for us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

Our Rotary Club meet here each week, and since we have been here we all agree it is efficient , food is good, staff attentive and provide good value. This venue has been recommended to others, who have now also been there for lunches, and they are also very satisfied with the whole package.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this review, 16 July 2010
Andrew, thank you for taking the time to post a review.

So pleased we are looking after Rotary which does such outstanding working in the local community.

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
ITChampion
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

I recently stayed at the hotel and as it was business chose one that had good services and was quite cheap! Having read the previous guest ratings my expectations were quite low, but I thought that’s fine it’s for work. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left (5 day stay) I was surprised. The people were very friendly; the room was a good size and the bed comfortable. I always try to eat away from the hotel i stay at but because I arrived late one night I ate there and the food was as good as any sensible priced restaurant. I really would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a good value hotel on the outskirts of the city. Matt Phillips, Director, IT Champion LTD.

1 Thank ITChampion
Matt, thanks for this and glad the team are looking after you.

Ceredigion, Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2010

We stayed for two nights whilst visiting family in the area. There was plenty of parking, in spite of there being a wedding in full swing when we arrived. Check in was efficient, and the receptionists were friendly, and always smiled and said hello when we passed by. We had booked online a Queen sized room in a quiet location which 'had been recently been refurbished' according to the online description. In fact the room was very tired, and the bed sagged. It was however very clean and adequate for our stay.
Break fast was good, although when the fruit ran out it was not replaced, in spite of other guests requesting it.
All it was good value for money, and suited our needs.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AlisonandMikeSmith
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this review, 24 June 2010
Thank you for your review, appreciated and hope we welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards

South Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2010

It just goes to show that you can't believe everything you read...otherwise this place would seem to be a cross between Fawlty Towers and Guantanamo Bay!
Not true.
The staff are all very profesional and attentive, whilst still finding the time to be warm and personal. As a regular business traveller I am at the mercy of hotels and restaurants every night of the week, and as such this is what guides my decision. I have spent many nights at The Stage over the past couple of years and have always enjoyed my stay.It starts with big smiles from Natalie and Virginia on reception (always nice to be recognised and remembered)and Steph and Sam in the restaurant are very attentive, always finding the time for a bit of banter, before bringing out the most wonderful creations from the kitchen. Full praise and compliments to Mikey and Tina for making some of the tastiest food you will find. Fresh, local ingredients and a changing menu means there's always something on the menu to entice.
The rooms may benefit from a bit of a tidy up, but this has already begun, as I have stayed in some of the refurbished rooms and they are very swish! Beds are all soft and comfy, never had a bad nights sleep here.
All in all its not the Ritz, but for me its more comfortable than that. It feels like home.
Well done David and all the team.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review and David and his team greatly appreciate your kind comments.

Berkshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

Arrived on the Sunday evening ready to start a weeks course on the Monday, my room was clean but the window was cracked and where the double glazing was not sealed properly there was water inside and so I could not see outside. the first nights meal was ok, but the second night was an absolute disaster! after an unacceptable wait my sausages came our raw! my colleage also had sausages and they forgot his altogether. They apologised and asked me to choose whatever I wanted so I ordered fish and chips, however when this arrived the fish was barely warm, by this time I had had enough, I didn't get charged for any meal or drinks that night. The service was good, however and one of the waitresses went out of her way to get me some soya milk which was kind.
From the next night we had buffet style food and this was a lot better, I certainly didn't go hungry for the rest of the week.
If you are looking for a quiet night you wont get it here, at least not in the rooms tht over look the carpark. There were deliveries and the dustman making lots of noise, I was woken every morning about 5.30.
Oh yes and when I bent over to rinse my mouth down the sink the smell that came back at me was awful!
Would I stay here again? if it was the only choice then yes I would, but certainly wouldn't if there were other hotels to choose from!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
No excuse, we mucked up the food on your second night and didn't charge you, but everything seems fine after that and you say you certainly didn't go hungry after the second night.

At least we got there in the end, but your second night was unacceptable.....sorry.

Kind regards

David

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

Hemel Hempstead
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

I stayed in this hotel with my parents and grandma (81) to break the journey home from a fantastic day out in loughborough. The idea had been to have a relaxing night in a hotel as a treat to end a great day. However, we were disappointed by a few things all of which we pointed out to staff who were less than interested to listen or act on our comments.
Firstly, my grandma is registered as disabled given her poor mobility. When we arrived all the disabled bays were in use - understandable. However, on closer inspection we wouldn't have been able to use them as they are very poorly designed. There is no protected space so you can't open a door to let the disabled passenger out and had we brought the wheelchair we would not have been able to removed it from the boot of the car.
Then we checked in and went to our respective rooms which were clean and my parents were offered to be re-roomed when they found that the sink was broken. Staying with my grandma we were give a ground floor room. Given it was so warm I pushed the windows open in our room only to be greeted by smoke from the group of smokers sitting on the bench located right beneath our window - shame considering the hotel states that all rooms are non-smoking!
But the most disappointing thing was the service in the resturant. We arrived just after 19:00 and were shown to our seats. We were offered the menu but not told about any of the specials, soup of the day or asked if we wished to order drinks. It was then 25 minutes later that the one waiter who had been rushed off his feet was able to serve us. I had made eye contact and several requests to other staff all of which were ignored! We were then informed that we had been given the wrong menu and several items were unavailable. Therefore, we left and found a great pub close by with far more selection.
My father asked to speak to the general manager on several occasions to raise these points but there was only the duty manager available on the sunday morning who made little effort to acknowledge these thoughts. We left rested but disappointed!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
This is awful and I am so sorry.

What on earth the team thought they were playing at I have no idea, as we get rave reviews about how helpful the team area at the hotel.

So very sorry.

United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2010

having checked in and had an evening meal at the nearby pub, I returned to my room (101) at about 22.00 extremely tired and anxious for a good nights sleep. The bed was fresh and comfotable and I eagerly anticipated at least 8 hours sleep to rejuvinate me. Alas it was not to be as the noise, initially from the doors in the corridor outside my room was constant as a strean of people seemed to enthuse in conversing outside my bedroom door. Exhausted, I must have nodded off only to be woken again by the noises emanating from and splutter of water and toilet systems in adjacent rooms.
I could clearly hear talking, snoring and the constant flushing of toilets and footsteps above and at 04.30 I thought that a Martian landing was taking place as the water pipes cranked and clanged into overdrive.

In the morning, I mentioned my concerns to the check out staff, who appeared to be of East European origin with limited English and ready smiles albeit totally unresponsive to my complaint. Regretably, I was in a hurry to leave and could not take the matter further.

I actually left the hotel far more tired than when I arrived and therefore if quality of sleep in a peaceful environment is impotant to you then you must avoid this establishment.

I would anticipate a sympathetic rebuttal from the general manager. If, and it is a big IF, my criticism helps another hapless traveller from wasting £60 in the search for a decent nights sleep then I will feel vindicated. I would have been better off sleeping in my car in the car park (but when the funcion rooms which form part of the hotel empty of revellers - it's like Beirut ! - O.K, rant over, but I guess it conveys my dissatisfaction

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review but we seem to have be blamed with the noise made by other guests, other than this you seem to have enjoyed your stay.

I have asked David and his team to ensure that if they have a group that may be "up late" they accommodate these close to reception so they are not disturbing other guests.

Apologies