“Perfect”

Ramada Leicester Stage
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Credit where credit is due. I booked this hotel for my daughters 21st birthday party. I chose this hotel as they offered me the best deal financially. Not coming from Leicester I had no preconceived ideas about this hotel as I had not even seen it before.
The hotel staff were outstanding- nothing was too much trouble and they went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure my daughter had a great time. The food was exceptional and plentyfull, guests had seconds and even thirds in some cases. The dj was great, accomodating everyones requests. The venue was just perfect and decorated beautifully.
The hotel was perfectly clean and as I am a trained infection control nurse, its not very often I have said that about a hotel. I did the "finger test" and there wasn't a speck of dust in our room!
Breakfast the next day was great and plentifull, buffet style and a good old English breakfast was just perfect for soaking up all the excess alcohol from the night before.
If you are considering holding a function here or just staying in the hotel for the night I would definately recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2010
LHMS, CEO of Lester Hotels at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2010

Glad you enjoyed everything and thanks for posting a review.

Oh, to be 21 again!!!!

Reviewed 17 September 2010

I was disappointed as I had paid the extra for an executive room (not knowing what the difference would be). The room was certainly no bigger than I would have normally expected. I was astonished to find that there was only one towel even though there were two of us along AND the one towel was STAINED. In over 30 years of staying in hotels, I have never had a dirty towel and understandably so.
Even though it was a freezing February night the window was open upon entering the room AND the heating off. My wife couldn't close the window so with my help we managed to so we weren't sure if the window was faulty. Bear in mind we did have an infant too. Perhaps this was in part why our baby cried and was harder than usual to settle down much to our embarrassment.
I hadn't noticed that the heating was off until I awoke from cold during the night.
We arrived for breakfast at 8 (we thought the reception had said breakfast started at 7) but the staff were not prepared and so even though we were in a hurry we had to wait for cooked breakfast. I think this covers everything. I think the room n umber was 102
Gave the hotel feedback and yet had no response !!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family

Blimey, what an awful stay and I am so sorry, but it doesnt sound like us.

Bearing in mind it was so bad I am rather confused as to why on earth you wait so long to post a review..... it took you 8 months to post a review about it, however difficult for me to check back now after 8 months and are you sure it was outr hotel as the heating is on until at least the time the clocks go back/forwards in March and then usually for much later than this.

If it was I am sorry

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 September 2010

like most BW Hotels, standard rooms, nice internet connection, commen english breakfast. The personal seemed to be a bit distanced.

The spa ist closed since some years now.

Best Western is a bit like McDonalds, it's a standard - not a high one but could ever be worse.
You have to ask for Vouchers for the Internet-access at the front desk, it's only free for higher classed rooms or booking via hrs.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Our Rotary Club meet here each week, and since we have been here we all agree it is efficient , food is good, staff attentive and provide good value. This venue has been recommended to others, who have now also been there for lunches, and they are also very satisfied with the whole package.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2010

Andrew, thank you for taking the time to post a review.

So pleased we are looking after Rotary which does such outstanding working in the local community.

Reviewed 2 July 2010

I recently stayed at the hotel and as it was business chose one that had good services and was quite cheap! Having read the previous guest ratings my expectations were quite low, but I thought that’s fine it’s for work. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left (5 day stay) I was surprised. The people were very friendly; the room was a good size and the bed comfortable. I always try to eat away from the hotel i stay at but because I arrived late one night I ate there and the food was as good as any sensible priced restaurant. I really would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a good value hotel on the outskirts of the city. Matt Phillips, Director, IT Champion LTD.

1  Thank ITChampion

Matt, thanks for this and glad the team are looking after you.

Reviewed 22 June 2010

We stayed for two nights whilst visiting family in the area. There was plenty of parking, in spite of there being a wedding in full swing when we arrived. Check in was efficient, and the receptionists were friendly, and always smiled and said hello when we passed by. We had booked online a Queen sized room in a quiet location which 'had been recently been refurbished' according to the online description. In fact the room was very tired, and the bed sagged. It was however very clean and adequate for our stay.
Break fast was good, although when the fruit ran out it was not replaced, in spite of other guests requesting it.
All it was good value for money, and suited our needs.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlisonandMikeSmith
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2010

Thank you for your review, appreciated and hope we welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 10 June 2010

It just goes to show that you can't believe everything you read...otherwise this place would seem to be a cross between Fawlty Towers and Guantanamo Bay!
Not true.
The staff are all very profesional and attentive, whilst still finding the time to be warm and personal. As a regular business traveller I am at the mercy of hotels and restaurants every night of the week, and as such this is what guides my decision. I have spent many nights at The Stage over the past couple of years and have always enjoyed my stay.It starts with big smiles from Natalie and Virginia on reception (always nice to be recognised and remembered)and Steph and Sam in the restaurant are very attentive, always finding the time for a bit of banter, before bringing out the most wonderful creations from the kitchen. Full praise and compliments to Mikey and Tina for making some of the tastiest food you will find. Fresh, local ingredients and a changing menu means there's always something on the menu to entice.
The rooms may benefit from a bit of a tidy up, but this has already begun, as I have stayed in some of the refurbished rooms and they are very swish! Beds are all soft and comfy, never had a bad nights sleep here.
All in all its not the Ritz, but for me its more comfortable than that. It feels like home.
Well done David and all the team.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post a review and David and his team greatly appreciate your kind comments.