“Safari Caravan Club Winter luncheon”

Ramada Leicester Stage
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Leicester
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Safari Caravan Club Winter luncheon”
Reviewed 1 February 2011

From the initial enquiry to the final day of our three day stay the only thing we can say (all 26 of us) is that we were absolutely delighted. The staff could not have been more helpful and pleasant, the rooms were clean and well equipped and the service and the food were excellent. A number of couples stayed for between one and three nights prior to the luncheon on the Sunday. Nothing seemed too much trouble for all members of staff and the chef, Mikey, went out of his way to ensure the meals ordered for such a mixed group were of the highest standard. Many many thanks to everyone at the Stage hotel for making our visit so memorable and enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Dorset
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Dirty Walls, out-dated furnishings, uncomfortable bed. This really is an awful hotel! A major investment really needs to bring this hotel to an acceptable standard. Rooms are spacious, but furnishings are out-dated and walls/floor dirty. Staff are excellent in an otherwise dire hotel. On a working day this hotel seemed very empty, which I can only put down to it's proximity to the motorway network and no unique selling point to attract customers.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank R7yan
LHMS, CEO of Lester Hotels at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this review, 5 November 2010
Thank you for your review and sorry you didnt like the hotel. Since purchasing the hotel a few years ago we have continued to invest in the property, and will continue to do so. Unfortunately in a recession the funds are not always as easily available as we would wish and as the hotel is very popular [despite your observation] it is dificult to plan works in.

Our housekeeping is done by an external contractor and we will bring your comments to their attention.

Sorry we werent your thing but we offer exceptional value for money with a friendly team and are doing rather well.

Kind regards

David

Travellers are raving about these Leicester hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Having decided to hold our wedding at this hotel we were treated to exceptional service firstly from Jovita whos organising and planning eased any stress that may have occured in the planning of this event.
The function room was immaculately clean,tables perfectly presented and staff extremely attentive, no job was to big or to small for them.
The wedding breakfast couldnt have been any better (unless my wife would have cooked it) the servings were huge, perfectly cooked and served.
The evening buffet once again contained the same high quality food and service.
If you are looking for a venue to hold your wedding and reception all at the same place then the leicester stage would come highly recommened form my wife and myself as well as our guests.
many thanks to all of there staff for making our day

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
LHMS, CEO of Lester Hotels at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this review, 7 November 2010
Glad you enjoyed it and every best wish to you and your family.

hampshire
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Credit where credit is due. I booked this hotel for my daughters 21st birthday party. I chose this hotel as they offered me the best deal financially. Not coming from Leicester I had no preconceived ideas about this hotel as I had not even seen it before.
The hotel staff were outstanding- nothing was too much trouble and they went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure my daughter had a great time. The food was exceptional and plentyfull, guests had seconds and even thirds in some cases. The dj was great, accomodating everyones requests. The venue was just perfect and decorated beautifully.
The hotel was perfectly clean and as I am a trained infection control nurse, its not very often I have said that about a hotel. I did the "finger test" and there wasn't a speck of dust in our room!
Breakfast the next day was great and plentifull, buffet style and a good old English breakfast was just perfect for soaking up all the excess alcohol from the night before.
If you are considering holding a function here or just staying in the hotel for the night I would definately recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010
LHMS, CEO of Lester Hotels at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this review, 27 October 2010
Glad you enjoyed everything and thanks for posting a review.

Oh, to be 21 again!!!!

cardiff
Reviewed 17 September 2010

I was disappointed as I had paid the extra for an executive room (not knowing what the difference would be). The room was certainly no bigger than I would have normally expected. I was astonished to find that there was only one towel even though there were two of us along AND the one towel was STAINED. In over 30 years of staying in hotels, I have never had a dirty towel and understandably so.
Even though it was a freezing February night the window was open upon entering the room AND the heating off. My wife couldn't close the window so with my help we managed to so we weren't sure if the window was faulty. Bear in mind we did have an infant too. Perhaps this was in part why our baby cried and was harder than usual to settle down much to our embarrassment.
I hadn't noticed that the heating was off until I awoke from cold during the night.
We arrived for breakfast at 8 (we thought the reception had said breakfast started at 7) but the staff were not prepared and so even though we were in a hurry we had to wait for cooked breakfast. I think this covers everything. I think the room n umber was 102
Gave the hotel feedback and yet had no response !!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Blimey, what an awful stay and I am so sorry, but it doesnt sound like us.

Bearing in mind it was so bad I am rather confused as to why on earth you wait so long to post a review..... it took you 8 months to post a review about it, however difficult for me to check back now after 8 months and are you sure it was outr hotel as the heating is on until at least the time the clocks go back/forwards in March and then usually for much later than this.

If it was I am sorry

Kind regards

Recklinghausen, Germany
Reviewed 3 September 2010

like most BW Hotels, standard rooms, nice internet connection, commen english breakfast. The personal seemed to be a bit distanced.

The spa ist closed since some years now.

Best Western is a bit like McDonalds, it's a standard - not a high one but could ever be worse.
You have to ask for Vouchers for the Internet-access at the front desk, it's only free for higher classed rooms or booking via hrs.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
leicester
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Our Rotary Club meet here each week, and since we have been here we all agree it is efficient , food is good, staff attentive and provide good value. This venue has been recommended to others, who have now also been there for lunches, and they are also very satisfied with the whole package.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
LHMS, CEO of LHMS at Ramada Leicester Stage, responded to this review, 16 July 2010
Andrew, thank you for taking the time to post a review.

So pleased we are looking after Rotary which does such outstanding working in the local community.