The Belmont Hotel
US$110
US$101
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Mill on the Soar(Leicester)
US$68
Fieldhead Hotel(Leicester)
US$95
Hotels.com
US$111
US$93
  • Restaurant
Days Inn Leicester Forest East M1(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$59
Priceline
Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$61
Priceline
Premier Inn Leicester North West Hotel(Leicester)(Great Value!)
US$87
PremierInn.com
US$82
PremierInn.com
All reviewscity centreindependent hoteldemontfort halllovely hotelde montfort hallrailway stationexecutive roomlarge bathroomfive minute walkwedding partyleicester universityfree parkingbreakfast was excellentwedding receptionchain hotelscar parklovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This was a business trip and frankly I wasn’t expecting too much. However, both the room and food were at the top end of competitive for a good quality business hotel and the staff, who were friendly and helpful from the outset, really came into their own when my car broke down and I was stranded unexpectedly for some hours.

Both the desk and the dining room/bar took an interest and went out of their way to organise things which were out of their normal routine. As I was leaving several staff enquired about how I was getting on – and in a way that suggested they were concerned rather than it was a ‘requirement’ of their customer service training. Even if I am cynical enough to think that training was the probable reason for their courtesy – it was nice to be asked anyway.

As a small added bonus – the hotel is next to a very pleasant pedestrian walk right into the centre of town, which is useful to know if you want to eat out.

Room Tip: Hotel is in a quite location so all rooms are quite. Rooms vary in size to some extent - so ask.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Dear Part Time Walker
Thanks so much for your review of the hotel, you're right we do train our staff to be polite and curteous, but we also look for people who we think are genuinely nice, and reward service that goes above and beyond because we want people to feel like their welcomed into our home, that's the difference when you stay at a 77 year old family run hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

My husband , myself and two friends have just spent a night at the Belmont on a Travelzoo deal (£89 bed breakfast dinner and cocktail) and it was the most wonderful experience.

The hotel is very well located in Leicester just off the A6 with a good sized car park. All the staff were most helpful. We arrived before 1 pm but were able to go straight to our rooms, although check in was 2 pm. These were obviously recently refurbished very tastefully and both slightly differently, with comfortable beds, choice of pillows, great shower over bath and lovely large white bath towels.

We had a three course dinner in Jamies bar, good menu choice and all agreed the food was delicious. We swapped the free cocktail deal for a shared bottle of wine - a very tasty rose.

Breakfast next day was in the main restaurant. Very attentive staff. You help yourself to cereals juice etc, but tea/coffee and cooked breakfast are brought to your table, freshly cooked so no cold sausage etc from a buffet as is often the case.

The hotel is situated right on New Walk which is a pedestrianised walk about half a mile to the city centre

The whole experience was delightful and we certainly hope to return again if another deal comes along!

Room Tip: It might be worth having a top floor room (there is a lift) as we were on the first floor and we could hear people above during the night
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2012

our second stay attending a party again in leicester. our room was very nice, great bed and overlooked a pretty courtyard. a wee bit small but fine for overnight or for one person last time we booked a much larger room but paid more recommended if staying more than a night

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Stayed here with husband and daughter in 2 adjacent double rooms the night before her graduation from Leicester University.

Locations is very good about 10-12 minutes walk from De Montfort Hall and 15 minutes from Leicester Uni.

Pleasant reception staff at check-in and check-out. Rooms overlooked car park and bit on the small side but beds and pillows were comfy.

Only downsides:

1. Room was on the dark side, even in the morning sunshine the dark and heavy curtains couldn't be pulled back far enough to allow enough light through the narrow east facing window so that I could see well enough in the only large mirror to put make-up on.

2. Sash window wouldn't stay open.

3. There wasn't much food left in the serving dishes at the buffet breakfast and what was there was only lukewarm. To be fair it was tasty and they were replenished eventually but we were in a bit of a rush and so had to make do with what there was.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I have just stayed at the Belmont. I have been pleasantly surprised. My room was lovely and not very expensive for what you get. The first night I stayed I ate in main restaurant. I was disappointed with a very limited menu and I felt it was over priced. The food was ok byut not worth the price. My second and third night I ate at the dining table in my room. The menu from the bar is far better then the restaurant and much cheaper.

Breakfast at Belmont is very good, the service (especially from Betty) is exceptional.

On a negative, the car park ( or overflow car park) does not feel at all safe. The hotel is also geared towards events and as a result can be very busy and noisy.

All in all though a relaxing place to call home whilst on a business trip.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business