“A one night stay - nothing special, but nothing wrong either” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Belmont Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Belmont Hotel
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Leicester
Richmond, United Kingdom
“A one night stay - nothing special, but nothing wrong either”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed for one night mid-week when visiting family. Pleasant hotel with pleasant staff, breakfast more than adequate and service friendly and courteous. It's not a boutique hotel, it's not a grotty B&B. It's just a perfectly acceptable hotel. Perfect for our purpose of a hearty breakfast, somewhere to bathe and a decent night's sleep. We'd stay again, but probably wouldn't recommend it if the hotel you stay in and its features are a key part of your holiday, rather than just being a base. Reasaonably priced and clean - no complaints.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Wow!
Five stars for Sleep Quality,Service and Value!
Thanks so much

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Rome
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

I was very disappointed with our stay at the Belmont considering the money we paid for room only. we stayed in room 137 and having stayed in a lot of hotels I felt the room was filthy. There was chipped paint and toe nails on the floor in the bedroom, and the bathroom floor was just as dirty. The bath did not look like it has been cleaned and had water stains and loads of mildew in it.
Unfortunately I had broken my leg a few days before our stay at the Belmont, i understand this is an old Georgian hotel and their are steps everywhere but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who has difficulties getting around. I was disappointed with the reception staff as I was in a wheelchair and my partner had to juggle pushing me around, all our bags and getting around the labyrinth of hallways and stairs. Not one hotel staff offered us any help, even though the person at reception did stay we would have to manoeuvre around stairs etc and could clearly see we would struggle.
My manager asked us to check out the hotel as a possible venue for our Christmas party next year (my company met here for a few drinks before we went on to our Christmas party on the Friday night and were impressed with the bar area), unfortunately I will not be recommending the Belmont for any event or as a hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BelmontHotel, Manager at The Belmont Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Dear Anneka
Thank you for your feedback. It's a shame you couldn't have given us details about your wheelchair prior to booking, calling or booking direct enables us to talk through our options and make sure we can accomodate your requirements. We have a ground floor bedroom very near reception with a wetroom (fold down seat) and wide access doors for wheel chair users, if you had put any request for wheelchair access on your booking we would have allocated this room (Or contacted you if it was not available) although this room may not have been available on the £55 special that you booked.
I would advise all guests with mobility issues to talk to us as we are in a 150 year old building. As for the cleanliness of your room I can only apologise, my head of housekeeping has moved the member of the team who serviced your room back into training, I hope both you and other users of Tripadvisor can see by other reviews that this is certainly not our normal standard.
I'm sorry you and your team won't be joining us for your xmas party next year - The guests we looked after this weekend for parties were very happy and have re-booked for 2013 so hopefully their experience was more like the standard we aim to give our guests.
I'm sorry again that your experience of the Belmont did not match your expectations
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

i regularly stay at The Belmont when working in Leicester and, considering its modest prices, it is a decent hotel in a pleasant location. Rooms do vary considerably, given the labyrinthine nature of the building, and some colleagues have been less impressed with their accommodation. What it lacks in facilities it makes up for with good, friendly service.

Most rooms are of a good size and many have upgraded bathrooms although there is sometimes a compromise on the available space to fit everything in. Wi Fi is available, but only the first 2 hours is complimentary, which is a real negative in my book. On my last visit I had a room overlooking New Walk which would have been delightful had this not been the middle of Diwali. An early night was interrupted first by fireworks and later by a large and noisy crowd of revellers.

I've not eaten dinner here as yet but breakfasts are very good with decent ingredients and freshly prepared hot food rather than the greasy buffet common in most chain hotels. The scrambled egg, which for me is a touchstone, was as good as I've eaten anywhere in the world.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

We stayed here after a wedding, the bedroom was warm comfortable, and nice decor. The bed and pillows (goose feather) was the most comfortable i have come across in a hotel for a long time. Good supply of toileteries, hairdryer, tissues in bathroom. The breakfast was excellent plenty of choice, continental and cooked, good quality sausage and bacon.
The staff were all very good helpful and efficient, I did hear foor abobe and corrider craking as people walked along late at night but this is an old building with character, so can't be helped, better than a sterile modern box

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

We only stayed here one night, but would happily have stayed much longer. The Belmont's been fashioned out of five Georgian terraced houses, so the corridors go up and down a few steps and around unexpected corners, adding to the individuality of the place; none of the prefabricated feel of so many modern hotels. Our room was clean and very comfortable, with a spacious and well-appointed bathroom - substantial walls, so no problems with noise. The staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful. We missed out on breakfast (early train to catch) but from a glance into the dining-room it looked good.

The Belmont's some five minutes walk from the station, situated beside the New Walk (said to be the oldest purpose-built pedestrian street in England). The old centre of the city (cathedral, etc) is an easy 15 minutes stroll.

Worth noting - if you book your room two weeks in advance you get a 15% discount.

Skegness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

lovely hotel, superbly clean, wonderful staff, i am looking forward to going again, breakfast was a good selection and the maitre-d remembered me after 1 day. The reception staff couldnt have been more helpful even to the extent of talking me through the last 5 minutes of my trip to get me safely to the hotel

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

I very much enjoyed my stay at The Belmont. I was without a car for the trip so one of the things I loved most about the hotel was how well located it was. It was walking distance from the station and from the town center. The street the hotel is on is a quiet one which I appreciate. The rooms were clean and featured nice, modern interior design with some interesting architectural features.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo